Pricing on Guarantee Cabins

british betty

We have been watching the prices on a Silhouette cruise and they are now offering “guarantee “ cabins at a higher price than the highest category in each grade. There are still lots of cabins available in each category so why would anyone pay more for celebrity to choose their cabin rather than choose their own ? I’m confused 🤷*

We have been watching the prices on a Silhouette cruise and they are now offering “guarantee “ cabins at a higher price than the highest category in each grade. There are still lots of cabins available in each category so why would anyone pay more for celebrity to choose their cabin rather than choose their own ? I’m confused 🤷*

Usually guarantee cabins are offered closer to the cruise when the cruise line determines that it needs to sell out remaining cabins. On our upcoming NCL cruise this Friday, I noticed a guarantee balcony was being offered (this was a couple of months ago) for the same price that I booked, yet the guarantee comes without promos.

Not sure why Celebrity would offer a balcony guarantee more expensive than a higher level?

We have been watching the prices on a Silhouette cruise and they are now offering “guarantee “ cabins at a higher price than the highest category in each grade. There are still lots of cabins available in each category so why would anyone pay more for celebrity to choose their cabin rather than choose their own ? I’m confused *

You have not mentioned the date of the cruise but I looked at two in November and the guarantee X was more expensive than most of the balcony cabins. The standard fare includes classic drinks package but not the guarantee cabins. Certainly make no sense.

One thought, the current promotion offers up to £300 per cabin reduction. Is this the reason as guarantees don’t usually qualify for promotions?