What is the One Unnecessary Item You Will Never go on a cruise without

kayleesmeme

As I starting making my packing list for our upcoming cruise - I was wondering what Item would you never go on a cruise without that you actually do use every time.

Mine has been Duck Tape - I bring a roll with me When I board- I have had to tape our coke boxes back together and even some other peoples When they search them... I have it to Fix a Hem that had come undone. And to put a piece of luggage back together. And I always get a crazy colored one and when I put of Luggage tags on at the end of the cruise- I use it amd it make it easier to spot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I like disposable coffee cups with covers for my coffee, its easier to carry around, keeps from spilling, stays hotter, and I can throw it out when I am done with it, and not have to worry about putting it down and forgetting it."

Had to laugh when I saw these as the first two posts. I also bring a 10-pack of the 16 oz Chinet coffee cups, and you know what? A large roll of 2 inch Ductape on its side makes a perfect cup holder on the desk in the cabin.

I also love to bring shelf liner to cover the desk and prevent things from sliding around.

Room spray, a photocopy of passport and a photo of them on phone of them in case of losing original. Having a copy makes life easier should the worst happen.

Nail clippers hubby always stubs his toenail on a lounger or something.....

I, too, am a fan of the over the door shoe organizer. I love it! In fact, we use this tip at home inside almost every closet door.

I bring candy, chocolate, and gum. I know there are plenty of desserts. But sometimes I just want a piece of candy.

I also bring my own tea bags.

I bring magnet clips to use on the walls in the cabin.

I call it my pharmacy. Full of OTC medicines and things like baby powder, antibiotic salve, cortisone cream, etc. There is nothing worse than needing something when the shops on board are closed.

I always bring Command Stick-on Hooks. We put them all around the cabin and in the closet to hold purses, hats, bags, sweaters. We even use one on the outside of the door to hold our decoration...usually a ring float(makes our door easy to find) When the cruise is over we just pull the tab and they all come down. Just have to get new stickys for the next cruise.

What my husband calls my "pharmacy". He teases, but he has raided it many times lol

All travel sizes: Ibuprofen, tylenol, benedryl, dramamine, cold and cough medicine, nyquil, melatonin, imodium, pepto bismol, visine, saline eye drops, nasal spray, nail scissors, tweezers, neosporin, bandaids, benedryl gel pen, cortisone, sun burn gel, deep heating rub, moleskin, mini-sewing kit, safety pins.

This all usually fits in a quart size ziplock bag, so small sizes are not a big space hog or weight addition, but can bring great relief when needed.

Edited by NoobCruise

Isn't the OP asking for things you bring that are UNnecessary?

I'm thinking of bringing a laser pointer. Next cruise will hopefully see a lot of wildlife hidden in the rivers and trees, so I think this would come in handy.

Why would you use a laser pointer on wildlife???

What my husband calls my "pharmacy". He teases, but he has raided it many times lol

All travel sizes: Ibuprofen, tylenol, benedryl, dramamine, cold and cough medicine, nyquil, melatonin, imodium, pepto bismol, visine, saline eye drops, nasal spray, nail scissors, tweezers, neosporin, bandaids, benedryl gel pen, cortisone, sun burn gel, deep heating rub, moleskin, mini-sewing kit, safety pins.

This all usually fits in a quart size ziplock bag, so small sizes are not a big space hog or weight addition, but can bring great relief when needed.

Sounds like what I bring in a small zipper cube, part of a cube set from ebags.com

I get small sizes of many items from Minimus.biz

Mine includes meclazine (generic Bonine) instead of Dramamine, & ginger capsules as well.

I also bring highlighter to make it easy to see at a glance activities I've marked in newsletter.

Add me to to those who bring small roll of duct tape, and I've often used it.

Edited by NMLady

Isn't the OP asking for things you bring that are UNnecessary?

Yes. The only necessary items are passport or BC & govt id, credit card/cash, & clothes.

Anything else is nice to have but not necessary.

I like disposable coffee cups with covers for my coffee, its easier to carry around, keeps from spilling, stays hotter, and I can throw it out when I am done with it, and not have to worry about putting it down and forgetting it.

Good idea. Have to write that on my list.

Thx