Sunshine, Miracle or Magic?

pntnnc

Can I have some opinions on mainly the Sunshine and Miracle as we have been on Magic. We may be traveling with an 11 year old. This will be middle June we are looking at and curious what others think. Thank you in advance.

Sunshine they took a old ship and jazzed it up and put about 400 more cabins on board, so its more crowded but has a lot of the new stuff.

s

Miracle is a nice sized but didnt have as many food choices. I took it to Alaska and it was a awesome cruise, but Im not sure Id pick it over magic.

Id probably pick Magic, but it depends on the prices. Without knowing prices its hard to know what id pick.

I think the stats have sunshine with more people per sf of onboard space than any other ship that exists, but a 11 year old wouldnt care, they did add some neat new stuf... and more cabins than the ship used to have.

Edited by firefly333

My first choice would also be "Magic", with "Miracle" second, and absolute LAST would be "Sunshine". Magic has far more choices in dining, and more activities, but Miracle is less crowded, and you get to know the staff more. Bottom line, you won't go wrong as long as you avoid "Sunshine". Just my opinion.....

"SKY"

Depends on your wants and needs. But for us, Sunshine all the way. The "numbers" may not back it up, but our two cruises on Sunshine felt a lot less crowded than our one of Magic. Don't get me wrong, Magic was great but we liked Sunshine a lot more.

Food variety and quality are big with us and Sunshine has the other two beat. It has everything Magic has plus Bonsai Sushi, Jiji's Asian Kitchen and the breakfast and afternoon snacks at Havana Bar. It is the only ship with a pool at Serenity (with a waterfall to boot!). The main show lounge that converts to a nightclub is also a very cool space.

I think we also really like that Sunshine is the least cookie-cutter Carnival ship we have been on. It has several unique features that make it no just another Carnival ship.

Sunshine is loaded with features and possibly the best waterpark on any Carnival ship outside Vista. It was redesigned very well outside the lousy comedy club. We enjoyed Miracle but it is one of Carnival's least updated ships.

I think the "crowded" factor will depend upon how you spend your time. For us, we are not sun-worshipping pool people. We spend almost no time on Lido or other open decks in the full sun. We use the Cloud 9 Spa on the ships that have that amenity and it is by nature a less crowded venue than other places on the ship. If you are interested in the shows, know that the Sunshine added 400 cabins and did not increase the overall size of public spaces such as the theater. The Serenity area is pretty impressive, but if the ship is sold out, that area has the potential to be very crowded as well. To date our favorite class is Dream Class with the Dream herself being our favorite ship. We have sailed on the Breeze but not the Magic. That said, We have an appreciation for even the Fantasy class ships. Those cruises for us are typically more about resting and relaxing than "go, go, go!" of the big ships. I don't think you will be totally disappointed with any ship you choose, but narrowing down where you spend your time might maximize the enjoyment factor.

I've only been on the Magic, but we sailed with our 10 year old who loved it and found plenty to do! We never felt it was too crowded and we spent a lot of time on the Lido deck on our at sea days. We always found room in the pool, hot tubs, and the comedy club (which was a family favorite). Good luck on your decision!

Sunshine is loaded with features and possibly the best waterpark on any Carnival ship outside Vista. It was redesigned very well outside the lousy comedy club. We enjoyed Miracle but it is one of Carnival's least updated ships.

That’s because they are planning on sending it away, with the Splendor replacing it

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums