CPAP extension cord length

grandpawmoses

We're sailing on the Dream and this is the first time bringing a CPAP machine. A forum search thread said 15 feet was long enough but I wanted to ask, is 15 feet long enough for a Grand Suite room?

I know, some have said to ask for one on board but with my luck, they will be all out. I don't want to ruin a nice cruise without my CPAP.

Thanks.

I woud take it aboard with my CPAP as on RCL they confiscated a extension cord i brought (to run a electric alarm clock).

Ive read to make sure to bring the cpap machine with the extension cord so they can see its a medical necessity.

we have also gotten one from the carnival desk, it was one of those heavy duty yellow 50 ft cords lol

Hello , I use a CPAP , also I just got off the dream 2 weeks ago, I had a balcony room deck 8 , I had a 12 foot ext cord it was not long enough I ask the room steward and he brought me a long 20 ft heavy duty orange ext cord .The bed was set up by the balcony door and the plug was next to the closet , they have a little night stand on each side of the bed the CPAP fit it just find I had to pull the table out about 2 to 3 in. There was no way the CPAP could fall . It is surrounded by the bed on one side the lamp that's built into the night stand on the other side and the two walls on the other side. I slept on the wall side by the balcony door. Also Carnival sells distilled water 3.00 a gallon you can order this from room service once on board. Not knowing about the water Carnival sells , I had brought two 20 oz clear plastic bottles of distilled water with me , when going through the x-ray machine they saw the plastic bottles , I showed the lady at the table my CPAP because I carried it on with me she said fine and let me carry my two water bottles on with me. I am sure if I had not shown her my CPAP she would have made me dump the water. Also note I had called Carnival and told them I was bringing a CPAP and asked about ext cord that's when they told meto ask room steward . IF you let Carnival know you are bringing a CPAP they will Flag you what I mean is my passport would not scan for them , they had to call someone when we were checking in to ask me if I had everything I needed for my CPAP when I said yes he cleared my passport to be scan. He told me they do this with everybody that lets them know they are bringing on a CPAP to ask if the have everything with them . So from now on I will not called Carnival to let them know I am bring on a CPAP . I just started using CPCP that's why I called but never again.

I agree with Firefly. I bring a 12' ext cord in my CPAP bag.

Have not had an issue yet.

Oh, and I use tap water for the humidifier when I'm on a cruise. No need for distilled water since it's only a week.

I think that tap water on an old Carnival ship is actually distilled water that comes from their distilling system for potable water.

Check that, but I am pretty sure I was told that by Captain staff long ago.

You can buy distilled water on board if you want assurance.