Recent Caribbean Princess cruisers

figmentdj

Couple of questions for recent Caribbean Princess cruisers (Caribbean, Panama Canal sailings)

Any Patters to look at?

Has the Crab Shack been completely replaced by Steamers?

Is there still a Pub Lunch?

Any specialty nights in the buffet, i.e Bavarian, Mexican, etc?

I may think of more, but returning CB cruisers feel free to add comments, tips, new notes, etc.

Couple of questions for recent Caribbean Princess cruisers (Caribbean, Panama Canal sailings)

Any Patters to look at?

Has the Crab Shack been completely replaced by Steamers? Yes

Is there still a Pub Lunch? Yes - at least twice on our 14 day cruise.

Any specialty nights in the buffet, i.e Bavarian, Mexican, etc? Not really. One night on our cruise, they did have some German sausages, Spaetzle, red cabbage etc. There may have been other specialties as well. However, they never announced any of this in the patter.

I may think of more, but returning CB cruisers feel free to add comments, tips, new notes, etc.

See above.

Do not miss the show bravo. It was one of the best shows I've seen on princess. I have patters but no scanner if you need to know something specific just let me know.

Did you do the 10 day Panama Canal Cruise on the CB?

If so, can you tell me the formal nights? Thanks

Any Patters to look at?

Has the Crab Shack been completely replaced by Steamers?

Is there still a Pub Lunch?

Any specialty nights in the buffet, i.e Bavarian, Mexican, etc?

We did the 6-day in the Caribbean back in February. This review I posted has the patters & menus from that trip.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2463567&highlight=F305

Did you do the 10 day Panama Canal Cruise on the CB?

If so, can you tell me the formal nights? Thanks

Formal nights for 10 day cruise:

First Sea Day and Day after Limon

Captain Circle Party on Limon night for Ruby-Elite/business casual (I thought this strange). Gold was very early on. There were "only" 190 Elite. Most traveled over a thousand days. 450 days (about) for 2nd and 3rd.

Yes, I have all the Patters for the 10 day cruise. Just don't know how to upload them....or have the time to do so. Ask me for specifics and I will try to look them up. I thought the 3 production shows were the best I've seen. Bravo was excellent. 3 shows nightly. Guest artists were great except for the 2 comedians that I did not like at all.

Entertainment Director, in my opinion, did not schedule many great activities. Cruise Director was very good. I was bored by the events of the day. Drink and get out for Elite wine tasting. Shortest one I've every attended.

Club Class Dining was superb but head waiter got off the ship with me.

Yes, I have all the Patters for the 10 day cruise. Just don't know how to upload them....or have the time to do so. Ask me for specifics and I will try to look them up. I thought the 3 production shows were the best I've seen. Bravo was excellent. 3 shows nightly. Guest artists were great except for the 2 comedians that I did not like at all.

Entertainment Director, in my opinion, did not schedule many great activities. Cruise Director was very good. I was bored by the events of the day. Drink and get out for Elite wine tasting. Shortest one I've every attended.

Club Class Dining was superb but head waiter got off the ship with me.

What times are the shows?

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Forums mobile app

I did not see BOGO/but I am not a drinker

No Alfredo's

Show times on most nights were:

6:45/8:15 (live feed to Explorer's Lounge/10:15

Magician: Trigg Watson/Excellent

Comic: Robbie Printz/Rollin'Jay Moore (not my cup of tea)

Tribute Act to Whitney Houston/Jade and Milian & Sam

Vocalist: Paul Baker/West End

Production Shows: Piano Man/Broadway Ballroom/Bravo (Guest Soprano: Heather Hill) / ALL excellent

Destination Expert: Richard Detrich/Excellent

We were on the CB for the 10day Panama Canal three weeks ago. Very disappointed. After three attempts to fix our cabin door lock, we were moved to a new cabin. The best food on the ship was Planks for breakfast. Dining room food was poor.

Best entertainer was a veteran comedian we had seen on other Princess ships. Overall a very disappointing sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I Does the CB still have BOGO? If so, where and how often?

Is there an Alfredo's on board?

Thanks all

No BOGO for $1 at any time on the Oct 7 cruise.

No Alfredos, just the slightly revamped and renamed Lido deck pizza. New to us were the flatbreads and strombollis at "Slice".

We were on the Caribbean Princess for the 10 day Panama Cruise. It was a great cruise. We thought the entertainment and food was great. Contrary to some I also thought the pizza was wonderful. Just as good as it was on our previous cruises. We are booked on the Caribbean Princess again in January for the 14 day Circle the Caribbean cruise and thoroughly looking forward to cruising a true 14 day cruise.

Can't scan the Patters because I folded them in tiny squares to fit in my pocket. After dinner there are 2 trivia type games; not necessarily trivia but similar. One was called "yes no" where the contestant had to answer questions but could not use either word.

Almost no pool activities during the day.

Crafts was offered twice in 10 days. The second one did not tell you ahead of time what it was; so I went. They laid out supplies to make one card. No directions or samples.

Do you have any specific questions?

• 1 month later...

Any Patters to look at?

I just posted a thread with the patters from the Caribbean Princess Panama Canal Cruise Nov 30th - Dec 10, 2017

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2579904

I'm about to start my photo review so watch for it for plenty of pictures