NY hotel recommendations - Flying into JFK, Cruising from manhattan

kirsty_r

I'm currently looking into a fall cruise from Manhattan on NCL Escape. I will be flying in from UK to JFK. I'm looking for hotel suggestions for pre-cruise. I've been given Brooklyn as an option for avoiding the steeper prices of Manhattan. I believe New jersey is a bit difficult to get to from JFK. Thank you.

I'm currently looking into a fall cruise from Manhattan on NCL Escape. I will be flying in from UK to JFK. I'm looking for hotel suggestions for pre-cruise. I've been given Brooklyn as an option for avoiding the steeper prices of Manhattan. I believe New jersey is a bit difficult to get to from JFK. Thank you.

What are the exact dates you need a hotel? How many people? Hotel budget? What are your sightseeing objectives in NYC?

Long Island City, Queens, might be a better alternative than Brooklyn since you are sailing from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal. Is booking a flight to Newark, NJ an option instead of using JFK? That would open up more reasonably priced hotel options in NJ.

What are the exact dates you need a hotel? How many people? Hotel budget? What are your sightseeing objectives in NYC?

Long Island City, Queens, might be a better alternative than Brooklyn since you are sailing from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal. Is booking a flight to Newark, NJ an option instead of using JFK? That would open up more reasonably priced hotel options in NJ.

Newark isn't an option due to timings for arrival time on the return, and limited air lines from the smaller UK airport I'm using!I'm trying to aim for under $300, (as i appreciate NY prices) but lower around $200-250 would be better...

I won't have much time for sightseeing but wouldn't mind a times sq stroll in the evening. Im probably trying to aim to get from JFK to the hotel by the subway if possible.

1 night 22nd Sept 2018, 1 person.

Newark isn't an option due to timings for arrival time on the return, and limited air lines from the smaller UK airport I'm using!I'm trying to aim for under $300, (as i appreciate NY prices) but lower around $200-250 would be better...

I won't have much time for sightseeing but wouldn't mind a times sq stroll in the evening. Im probably trying to aim to get from JFK to the hotel by the subway if possible.

1 night 22nd Sept 2018, 1 person.

Look at united.com for hotel options - you need to book something cancellable immediately because your date is high season - one of the most expensive times of year in NYC. The Crowne Plaza HY36 is on the united.com site as well as directly for $239 plus tax. This would be accessible from the 8th Ave subway at 34th St or from the LIRR train from Jamaica at NY Penn Station. This appears to be the nicest hotel in the price range you specified and it would be within walking distance of Times Square.

Look at united.com for hotel options - you need to book something cancellable immediately because your date is high season - one of the most expensive times of year in NYC. The Crowne Plaza HY36 is on the united.com site as well as directly for $239 plus tax. This would be accessible from the 8th Ave subway at 34th St or from the LIRR train from Jamaica at NY Penn Station. This appears to be the nicest hotel in the price range you specified and it would be within walking distance of Times Square.

Thank you very much!! :)

Check out the Hotel St. James on West 45 th Street - immediate Times Square area - about $240

Another good option. This is on United.com for $229 + tax cancellable. Close to the 6th Ave subway - E train from Jamaica (JFK) with a transfer to the M train to Rockefeller Center(accessible) or 42nd St. Possibility of taking the 50 bus on 49th St to the cruise terminal on a Sunday morning.

Thank you both. I've booked the crowne plaza for now, but it is cancellable so will keep my eye on prices and locations in the run up to September. The Crowne Plaza seems a slightly better option in my trip down from JFK.

Thank you both. I've booked the crowne plaza for now, but it is cancellable so will keep my eye on prices and locations in the run up to September. The Crowne Plaza seems a slightly better option in my trip down from JFK.

It looks like you got a deal. The CP is now showing at $449!!!