Pullmantours Sovereign? seeking info regarding Ship & Cruise Line

sparklymoet

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sparklymoet , i'm very interested to hear from people on the forum about Pullmantur too, we are already sorted for 2013 with Thomson but looking at them for the future. They seem to get good reviews and are so cheap with the right deal so worth a try i think, i know they are owned by Royal Caribbean now so thats good with mostly french and spanish on board with a few brits. You can ask for menu's in English and daily newsheet also in English etc etc, apparently all good as far as i know so far, hope this helps, Vicki :):)

Edited by Dreamgirl1957

Well, I hope they are ok because we are going on two back to back October 2013 (Empress). Could not touch the price for inside. Big draw has to be the inclusion of alcohol in the price. With simple beer and wine now going for about $7.00, it has taken a lot of fun out of cruising for us. We don't drink that much, but good grief that is way off the pirate's code.

Well, I hope they are ok because we are going on two back to back October 2013 (Empress). Could not touch the price for inside. Big draw has to be the inclusion of alcohol in the price. With simple beer and wine now going for about $7.00, it has taken a lot of fun out of cruising for us. We don't drink that much, but good grief that is way off the pirate's code.

Hi randalltx, I've got to say I've only seen good comments,about them, only drawback is that Spanish is the main language aboard but as you can request the daily news sheet in English for your cabin and menu's in dining room I can't see the problem with that. Should just add to the holiday atmosphere :cool::cool:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...

We are booked on this ship for June. I did quite a bit of research on them before we booked it, simply because it isn't a well known company to us here in the US and we didn't know much about them. However, you absolutely cannot beat the deals they offer. We are going inside, and I am taking a 7 day western med cruise for less than what I just did a 4 day cozumel.

Try googling reviews for the ship - I was able to find some on a UK site. I also found a blog by a Spaniard who wrote it in english. If you go to youtube and enter in the ship name, you will also find some videos.

And I did have some friends who sailed on this ship last year and had a great time. The language barrier is going to be the toughest adjustment, I think. That, and dinner being so late. But I'll appreciate the wine and beer being included!!!

I am so glad i found you giys,

We have normally cruised on the more know cruise lines such as NOrwegian, Princess, Royal Carib Celebrity, but I have to say one one my fav. was our Nile River cruise, anyhoo, babbling, have just found this one, and I must say kinda like the sound of it. Looking for a May cruise. Just got back from 9 day caribbean out of New York, which was great for us, took the kids and girlfriends for their chritmas present. But one can only do the carrib so many times. Do'nt mean to sound snobby (x4) for us. We live in Inuvik, NT Canada Ice road truckers territory, so it cost us an arm and leg to Calgary let alone a departure port. We look at $5000.00 for airfare before the cruise cost, so this looks good to us.

I am so glad i found you giys,

We have normally cruised on the more know cruise lines such as NOrwegian, Princess, Royal Carib Celebrity, but I have to say one one my fav. was our Nile River cruise, anyhoo, babbling, have just found this one, and I must say kinda like the sound of it. Looking for a May cruise. Just got back from 9 day caribbean out of New York, which was great for us, took the kids and girlfriends for their chritmas present. But one can only do the carrib so many times. Do'nt mean to sound snobby (x4) for us. We live in Inuvik, NT Canada Ice road truckers territory, so it cost us an arm and leg to Calgary let alone a departure port. We look at $5000.00 for airfare before the cruise cost, so this looks good to us.

Hi agatha, hope you have a fab time if you book, let us know :):)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I don't know if you're interested, but the Sovereign was originally the Song of America, owned by RCCL.:)

Actually she was the Sovereign of the Seas,saling for RCI, and her sister ship Monarch of the Seas transfers to Pullmantur in April.

Actually she was the Sovereign of the Seas,saling for RCI, and her sister ship Monarch of the Seas transfers to Pullmantur in April.

:confused: But I was recently in 2 ports docked next to Sovereign and she didn't look big enough to be Sovereign of the Seas. She was not as big as the Oceania Marina.

Thinking of booking this after a TA on RCCL to Barcelona. This line has the Souverign going out the same day I come in and the price for a 7 night is so low I want to extend our trip. I just feel uncomfortable going to Tunisia with the travel warnings on the US Gov't site for Tunisia.

Anyone have any info how safe it is there now? We could just stay on the ship, I suppose.

Any info would be great!:D

:confused: But I was recently in 2 ports docked next to Sovereign and she didn't look big enough to be Sovereign of the Seas. She was not as big as the Oceania Marina.

The difference in design from a modern ship to a 22 year old ship probably makes it appear that way. But Oceania's Marina is 65,000 tonnes and Pullmantur's Sovereign is 73,200 tonnes.

Thinking of booking this after a TA on RCCL to Barcelona. This line has the Souverign going out the same day I come in and the price for a 7 night is so low I want to extend our trip. I just feel uncomfortable going to Tunisia with the travel warnings on the US Gov't site for Tunisia.

Anyone have any info how safe it is there now? We could just stay on the ship, I suppose.

Any info would be great!:D

We have the same concerns with Tunisia. However, I'm really looking forward to this stop as it's like nowhere I've ever been. Not sure when you're sailing, but there are some elections coming up in April that we are keeping a close eye on to make our decision whether to get off the ship or not.

My friend did this sailing a year ago and she said she felt very safe the whole time. She really enjoyed this stop.

HI,

Just book this cruise,we were lucky enough to sail on her last June and you can check my review out on Pullmanturs review page on this site,it is quite detailed and is under Pullmantur Sovereign fantastic value for money by Westwood Ashton-under-Lyne.We had a fantastic time the inside cabins are very basic but who cares when you are hardly ever in them and you have paid such a great price.The all inclusive is really good value as they use decent brands of liquor,beer and their coffees are just fantastic.The meals in the main restaurants are good too as is the buffet.It is such a good value cruise that we would definately cruise with Pullmantur again.

She was originally Royal Carribeans Sovereign Of The Seas.

The fares are really good at the moment especially on the famous american site I use but please take into consideration Pullmantur do put a surcharge on the fare per person just phone up to check it out and once on board they charge each person 60 euros in tips per week.

• 3 months later...

Hi there

We are booked on the pullmantur empress med cruise this october. Just wondered what the formal dress code is, would my husband be out of place in a tux?

Have heard good thing abou pullmantur and it was such a cheap deal really looking forward to it

Thanks ally

Absoulutely not Ally,my husband loves to wear his Tux on every formal night and on Pullmantur lots of men wear wearing them and looking very dapper too. I think there was also a tropical night.a black and white night and a horror night too.

Absoulutely not Ally,my husband loves to wear his Tux on every formal night and on Pullmantur lots of men wear wearing them and looking very dapper too. I think there was also a tropical night.a black and white night and a horror night too.

Thank we love all the dressing up feels fantastic to wear a gown, horror night sounds fun, do u know how we can find out if there will be any themed nites on our cruise

Thanjs ally

Hi Ally,

we didnt know about any of the themed nights before we boarded,we had formal clothes and black and white attire and I had just popped a bright coloured scarf in on the off chance there was a tropical night.The only way we found out was in the daily planner the night before.

• 2 months later...
Hi

Have booked a med cruise on this ship for September 2013, & am looking for any information or advice re this ship or tour operator.

Thanks in advance

hi we also have booked for September 7th joining ship at Barcelona how about you:)