You May Cut Yourself

In an effort to ensure that guests and employees don't hurt themselves, RCI no longer gives out steak knives with dinner. They give you a regular dinner knife with a serated tip. Our waiter told us that the injury concern guided this decision. I tend to think that they were more concerned about people armed with steak knives taking over the ship. Well, if they don't have sharp knives, they should have softer steaks. Our waiter ended up cutting up my son's steak (he is 20). My wife was really annoyed as that used to be her job. icon_biggrin.gif

Ok Brad, Here is your next thing to put on your list........ icon_rolleyes.gificon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif

icon_beer.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;11;14;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

UNTIL OUR NEXT ADVENTURE

Adventure of The Seas 11/14/04

Enchantment of the Seas 11/1/03

Sovereign of the Seas 11/28/02

SS Oceanic (Big Red Boat) 10/98

Wow! Our waiter's going to cut up my steak for me? Talk about being "pampered" on a cruise! icon_biggrin.gif

I wonder if I could get our cabin stewart to shave my legs for me when they no longer allow razors to be brought on the ship? icon_biggrin.gif

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Rhapsody! 12-5-04

The last two times that I sailed on the Adventure of the Seas we only had butter knives in the diningroom. The head waiter came to our table every night to cut the steak or remove the lobster from the shell, etc.

Both times that I sailed on the AOS I brought a bottle of gin and tonic in my suitcase along with a lime and a paring knife to cut the lime. Everything made it on the ship in Oct. 03, but when I sailed in March 04, security called me off of the ship to inspect one of my suitcases. They took the paring knife, but the booze made it on board.

Crew members told me that they are not allowed to keep sharp knives in their cabins. The only sharp knives are in the kitchen or galley areas and all are tagged and accounted for each day.

Kimberly

Monarch of the Seas 4/02

Disney Wonder 11/02

Adventure of the Seas 10/03, 3/04

Voyager of the Seas to Canada 9/5/04

"Girl's Getaway" on Mariner of the Seas 11/7/04

Please tell me this is a joke. icon_confused.gif My nail file is just as dangerous as a steak knife. Uh oh, I shouldn't have given them any more ideas.

Beth

<font face='Comic Sans MS' color=6B8E23><font size="2">

<marquee width=50%>Until Mariner Reali-tini Cruise</marquee>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=6B8E23&cdt=2005;10;16;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400

CLICK HERE for the ROLL CALL

<center>realitini1.jpg

realitini2.gif

realitini3.gif</CENTER>

<font size="1">

Well, it's better than the airlines. We flew to Hawaii earlier this month, I got a plastic knife to cut my steak with.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits" Mark Twain

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's formal night attire, poolside attire, child rearing practices, walk-talkie usage, chair hogging, seat saving, line cutting ..." Mark_K

Sophie,

I had to LOL out your post!! icon_biggrin.gif I can see the room steward now having to shave all the ladies' legs, in addition to their other many duties!!

Too funny!!

(26 prior cruises & 2 flights on Concorde)

It has been said that angels, while on Earth,

aren't allowed to show their wings,

but nothing was ever said

about not showing their whiskers. <^..^>

Wow,

maybe they will have to invent the Royal Ranch steak cubes. From what I gather from comments concerning the critically unacclaimed Ranch Steak (I have never had the priviledge or delight of trying the said steak), a jackhammer could hardly get through it... how will a butter knife icon_eek.gif

A steak knife was placed at my table for the famous ex "Ranch" now called "Royal steak". A saw probably would have worked better.

Monarch of the Seas 09/92

Majesty of the Seas 11/93,11/95

Sovereign of the Seas 09/94

Grandeur of the Seas 11/99,11/00,06/01,02/02,05/04

Navigator of the Seas 12/02,11/04

Rhapsody of the Seas 06/03

Radiance of the Seas 11/03

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sophie:

Wow! Our waiter's going to cut up my steak for me? Talk about being "pampered" on a cruise! icon_biggrin.gif

I wonder if I could get our cabin stewart to shave my legs for me when they no longer allow razors to be brought on the ship? icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sophie -

Yours is far and away my favorite post on this thread! You go, girl!

Carol

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;8;8;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-500

Voyager of the Seas - 5-day to Canada - NO AIRFARE!!!! 8/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;12;26;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-500

Jewel of the Seas 12/2004

Explorer of the Seas 12/2003

Explorer of the Seas 8/2002

<marquee>till we sail on the Jewel! New Year's Cruise.....12/26/04</marquee>

<marquee>..........................Oh, no! We have become New Year's Cruise Addicts!</marquee>

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

I had the pleasure of trying the "Royal Steak" with a butter knife two weeks ago on the Serenade. BTW, it was awful. Ironicly, in Chops, we got the biggest steak knives I've ever seen with our filet when a butter knife would have worked just fine!

They took away my wife's nail file the last time we boarded the ship but they let me keep my chainsaw..... I told them it was to cut the ranch steak.....

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;3;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

We got steak knives on the Mariner a couple of weeks ago. It didn't matter though, cause the head waiter stil came over and cut our steak for us. He was such a sweetie. Now, if we could only get them to feed us and wipe our mouths for us, we'd be all set! icon_wink.gif

icon_smile.gifShelia icon_smile.gif

Mariner of the Seas-May, 2004

Carnival Destiny-June, 2002

WHOOO-HOOO I will gladly give up my steak knife, If the waiter will cut my steaks for me!!!

Thats what I call a vacation!!!

BTW if asked to leave my razor at home and have my legs shaved, by the cabin steward. Count me in !!!!!

enchantment 10/2

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;10;2;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

FWIW--No steak knives on our cruise. Just off the AOS and the waiter came around and cut our food also. The waiter cut my daughters food and then FED her, too. She was red in the face but it was funny. They really pampered her.

Legs shaved...hmmm...how about pits? Ewwwww icon_eek.gif

What about my curling iron? I can poke your eye out, bash the steak, char it, twirl it around...and that's not even considered a weapon! Now, let me tell you about my heated rollers.... icon_biggrin.gif

Archived