HAL Iguazu falls - 1 day tour

If possible take a couple of days (2 ok) and see on your own. We did it post-cruise on our own and found 1 day not enough. The air transportation is not very reliable so it can be questionable as to how much time you have there. Yes, you can do one overlook but it's vast and a lot of hot walking required. Loved it and the B and B we stayed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have not done HAL's tour but did see Iguazu Falls on a pre-cruise Princess tour some years ago. We stayed overnight in the hotel there. These falls are magnificent and if you get a chance to go there, do it. But only if you can stay one or two nights. I would think over and back in one day is virtually impossible.

I fully agree - do an independent tour before or after the cruise. The Falls are so stunning and you'll need the time to really appreciating them. It was no problem at all to book a flight (LAN), get a taxi at the airport and to find a hotel. We had a good deal ( senior price) at the Sheraton which is the only hotel inside the National Park itself and can only be recommended. Nice rooms, good food and easy access to the park - a five-minutes walk plus a stunning view of the Falls.

When we compared the prices with what Celebrity offered ( we went on "Infinity" that year we easily came ahead and saved money even when staying two nights at the hotel.

We did an independent tour so that we could see the falls from the Brazilian and the Argentinian sides--they are vastly different views.

Since this is one of the highlights of ALL of the travel that I've done, I highly recommend arranging fro a pre or post cruise tour that will allow you to spend more time and see both sides.

We also did a 2 day post cruise visit. We made our own reservations on the Brazillian side and then there was a travel agency at the small hotel where they arranged for tours to both Brazil and Argentina. Well worth the time.

We did HAL's one day tour after our Antarctica cruise. We had been travelling for about 3 weeks before the 19 day cruise so thought we would be ready to go home after the cruise. It was expensive but in our minds it was well worth it. It didn't go to the Brazil side but was still spectacular!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We planned our own tour. We spent 2 days. We needed that time to fully enjoy the falls. We checked the price of a room at the Sheraton, in the park, and the price of flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu. We found a local travel agent who had a better package, price wise, than we could book on our own, which also included some meals, transportation in Iguazu, a personal guide etc. Here is his information. This tour was far less than booking the excursion through the cruise line. A tip for you. Sit on the right side of the plane, when you are looking at the front of the plane. Have your camera ready. You will fly over the falls and get an aerial picture. The reverse is true when leaving Iguazu.

Pablo Polito

01argentina.com Travel Agency

Tel: 54 11 4621-4725 (From Abroad)

Cel: 153 673 3091 (inside Buenos Aires)

Tel: +1 646 502 7872 (From the U.S)

Web Site: http://www.01argentina.com/

My profile: http://www.travelsense.org/argentina

His service was excellent and we have only praise for his company. I hope this helps.