Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

After Brexit, we will be still be able to go on holiday. Tourists will still come to Uk and cruise from Uk

This might be a problem for RCI as the EU will make it harder for tourists to go to the UK - it might be a much better deal to put another ship to Barcelona or Amsterdam and leave SOU with just 1 ship!

This might be a problem for RCI as the EU will make it harder for tourists to go to the UK - it might be a much better deal to put another ship to Barcelona or Amsterdam and leave SOU with just 1 ship!

I dont want to turn this off topic but I feel I have to correct you.

RCI will not have a problem with the EU making it harder for tourists visiting the UK.

Entry criteria to the UK will be set by the UK. Entry criteria for residents of the UK visiting the EU will be set by the EU.

Whether numbers of visitors drop to the UK who knows what the future holds.

At the moment we are receiving a Quantum class ship in 2020 and Carnival are investing heavily in the UK with their biggest ever P & O ship on order for 2020 out of Southampton.

There therefore seems to be a bit of confidence in the UK cruise market for the future but your prediction may well prove to be right.

Anyway, enjoy your cruising [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you look at the past years, Brilliance was in Harwich. Now in Amsterdam. Nothing to do with Brexit.

This year Princess has Royal Princess doing 12 night British Isles an P&O are still well supported.

Royal will not give in to this competition but increase the presence to take a bigger share.

The exchange rate is fluctuating a lot. It was $1.60 for a while then dropped to $1.20 and today it's around $140.

I usually get $1000 when I go on a Transatlantic. If I need more, I use my card, if I don't, I bring it home and use it next cruise.

To be honest, it's not a lot of difference at that small amount.

Also, I wonder why Royal doesn't offer a B. Isles round trip. Princess has done this for a number of years and still commands high prices.

We sailed from San Pedro many times on Monarch, Legend, Radiance, Viking Serenade and Mariner. The "E" port is Ensenada, Mexico. Some day RCI may come back. I just read that Carnival is launching a brand new ship Long Beach in 2019. RCI....are you listening?

Thank you Suzy...I knew someone would know I was talking about Ensenada! :D

If you look at the past years, Brilliance was in Harwich. Now in Amsterdam. Nothing to do with Brexit.

This year Princess has Royal Princess doing 12 night British Isles an P&O are still well supported.

Royal will not give in to this competition but increase the presence to take a bigger share.

The exchange rate is fluctuating a lot. It was $1.60 for a while then dropped to $1.20 and today it's around $140.

I usually get $1000 when I go on a Transatlantic. If I need more, I use my card, if I don't, I bring it home and use it next cruise.

Also, I wonder why Royal doesn't offer a B. Isles round trip. Princess has done this for a number of years and still commands high prices.

Alex...Brilliance is doing a British Isles Cruise this year and next year calling here in Belfast and the East bound TA is calling at 3 Republic of Ireland ports. Last year we had nearly 150,000 cruise passengers visit Belfast and there will be more this year.

I agree with your logic on your spending money....I have a set amount to exchange and when it is done, it is done! :D

Alex...Brilliance is doing a British Isles Cruise this year and next year calling here in Belfast and the East bound TA is calling at 3 Republic of Ireland ports. Last year we had nearly 150,000 cruise passengers visit Belfast and there will be more this year.

I agree with your logic on your spending money....I have a set amount to exchange and when it is done, it is done! :D

Doing Brilliance East and West TA this year! Can't wait......

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

We had Vision last year from Amsterdam, but again just a couple of times. I was booked on Brilliance Ta this April but had to cancel.

It still does 6 cruises over the next 2 years, nothing like the Princess commitment.

All the bigger ships tender from South Queensferry but Royal do Newhaven, which is a lot longer tender but closer to the City.

We have a lot this year coming. It's not just Edinburgh that has history. Dunfermline (birthplace of Andrew Carnegie) Culross is where Outlander was filmed as was Falkland and of course St Andrews

http://www.cruiseforth.com/content/ship/

Alex, me, too! I am still kicking myself for not booking a circle British Isles cruise many years ago (circa turn of the century). I never saw that itinerary again. Live and learn.:o

Alex, me, too! I am still kicking myself for not booking a circle British Isles cruise many years ago (circa turn of the century). I never saw that itinerary again. Live and learn.:o
Very true. I'm still mad I didn't stay on Jewel with everyone and go through the Panama Canal

Sent from my G8141 using Forums mobile app

What was the intinerary?

We had Vision last year from Amsterdam, but again just a couple of times. I was booked on Brilliance Ta this April but had to cancel.

It still does 6 cruises over the next 2 years, nothing like the Princess commitment.

All the bigger ships tender from South Queensferry but Royal do Newhaven, which is a lot longer tender but closer to the City.

We have a lot this year coming. It's not just Edinburgh that has history. Dunfermline (birthplace of Andrew Carnegie) Culross is where Outlander was filmed as was Falkland and of course St Andrews

http://www.cruiseforth.com/content/ship/

There is big tourism here in all the Game of Thrones locations and the Titanic building.

Celebrity is now sailing from Dublin for a short period but it was too expensive for this Solo.

There is big tourism here in all the Game of Thrones locations and the Titanic building.

Celebrity is now sailing from Dublin for a short period but it was too expensive for this Solo.

Titanic museum is very nice [emoji106]

I love Dublin , overnight there is a must to do

I was looking at Celebrity to Iceland. The 30th April cruise but opted for the Brilliance Ta. I was over in Kells for a week in September playing golf with a friend who has the Supersaver in Kells

Sent from my G8141 using Forums mobile app

O-class would never survive a season in SOU!

You may or may not be right, I watch though with interest what other lines are up to out of Southampton.

Come 2022 Carnival will have added an extra 12000 passenger capacity to its UK subsidiaries in just over 5 years with three new ships home ported in Southampton.

If I was an RCI Executive I'd be thinking an Oasis class would be perfect to get a bit of the business that Carnival is hoping to get in Southampton.

O-class ould not survive because of the way it was build!

The garden-center would only have plastic plants left for display....

The solarium would have ice on the bird-bath....

Why take on Carnival when there is much easier markets?:confused:

It’s cold here but not that cold [emoji3]

A fair comment though, I misunderstood.