How do you make reservations to Coastal Kitchen?

Dave8808

Hello All:

Can you make reservations to Coastal Kitchen in advance? If so how? I sail on March 4 on Allure and was trying to make reservations for dinner at CK for a couple of days and didn't see CK as an option. Thank you in advance for your information.

Dave

Hello All:

Can you make reservations to Coastal Kitchen in advance? If so how? I sail on March 4 on Allure and was trying to make reservations for dinner at CK for a couple of days and didn't see CK as an option. Thank you in advance for your information.

Dave

You call them once onboard and make your reservation. That is what my hubby and I did and it was never a problem getting the time we wanted. Since it is for suite guests only you cannot make reservations online for it in advance. I called them daily and let them know what room and what time and it was great!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Once on board, just head and Reserve for week then. We were in a JS and had to do it that way. I assume you are in JS, We looked online and didn’t see an option either. DW says it “can” be done, just have to be online when it opens up. Otherwise do it once onboard. They were very helpful on our trip setting it up for us all week.

Once on board, just head and Reserve for week then. We were in a JS and had to do it that way. I assume you are in JS, We looked online and didn’t see an option either. DW says it “can” be done, just have to be online when it opens up. Otherwise do it once onboard. They were very helpful on our trip setting it up for us all week.

Thank you for the info...I was under the impression that all suite guests (not just those staying in a JS) needed to make reservations for dinner at CK, Is that not right?

We are two couples traveling together -- both in JSs - and the wives do once we get onboard -- we let the guys chill and watch the luggage.

Thank you for the info...I was under the impression that all suite guests (not just those staying in a JS) needed to make reservations for dinner at CK, Is that not right?

It's best to make reservations as it is popular and if they are full then you will be turned away. We learnt this the hard way on our first cruise on Oasis as suite guests.

I find it best to go over to the restaurant when you board and make your reservations then. You can of course phone them or book via the concierge.

• 2 months later...

We did Anthem Dec 2017 in JS. We were able to book online with our cruise planner. I just book Allure and now they are telling me the option was never there. That is not true for Anthem.

I hope we can get our time, since we already booked our show times and one of the main reason I book JS is for CK.

Ugh, why do they change things that work!

Vanessa

We did Anthem Dec 2017 in JS. We were able to book online with our cruise planner. I just book Allure and now they are telling me the option was never there. That is not true for Anthem.

I hope we can get our time, since we already booked our show times and one of the main reason I book JS is for CK.

Vanessa

Anthem simply does not operate the same way as the Oasis class ships.

Reservations are required.

Not accurate. We have sailed in an OS on Oasis, Allure, and Oasis. We did make reservations some afternoons for that night. But most nights we just showed up for cocktails in Suite Lounge and asked when they could seat us in CK. Most times the answer was, "now", which was normally to soon. Being flexible we never had an issues getting a table in CK.

Vanessa

Oasis & Allure have never been able to book CK through the cruise planner, so nothing has changed except your experience on different ships. On Oasis & Allure, you make these reservations on-board. The same goes for GS and above on these ships.

In a JS you must make reservations daily for CK. Some have reported success booking ahead of time for the entire week, but don't set your watch to it. GS and above should be able to make reservations for the week ahead of time. I have seen reports that later in the week some were turned away (even in GS and above) as CK was booked for the evening, so make sure to make your reservations early in the day. This was not our experience in October on Oasis, but we once tried to move our reservation to a different time after deciding we weren't very hungry yet and were told they were full and we could not move - either eat at the reserved time or eat elsewhere.

When sailing in GS and up...I wait until concierge emails me (about a 5 days to a week before). Then I return email with CK preferred time.

When sailing in JS...we go right up to CK on embarkation day and ask for reservations with hostess on duty.

When sailing in GS and up...I wait until concierge emails me (about a 5 days to a week before). Then I return email with CK preferred time.

When sailing in JS...we go right up to CK on embarkation day and ask for reservations with hostess on duty.

Same here. I respond to the email sent by the concierge, about a week prior to sailing, and request our time for each night. Then I try and sit as close I can to Pat & Bucky! :-)

Same here. I respond to the email sent by the concierge, about a week prior to sailing, and request our time for each night. Then I try and sit as close I can to Pat & Bucky! :-)

Oh Bill...you are sweet! :hearteyes:

Hope to cruise with you again in the future also. :cool:

My experience is that it can really depend on the cruise and which ship. We were on Oasis in a CLS in January this year, and the Concierge emailed us twice asking if we wanted to make reservations because they had a large # of Pinnacle guests on board that week (they like to spend a LOT of time in the CK =) So we made an 8:00 reservation for every night and were never turned away even when we wanted to alter it a couple nights. But on 3 previous Allure sailings in a GS we never made reservations and just walked in every night and was seated right away. My understanding is that the CK has become much more popular with Suite guests and reservations are a good idea to help them keep thing moving smoothly.

My experience is that it can really depend on the cruise and which ship. We were on Oasis in a CLS in January this year, and the Concierge emailed us twice asking if we wanted to make reservations because they had a large # of Pinnacle guests on board that week (they like to spend a LOT of time in the CK =) So we made an 8:00 reservation for every night and were never turned away even when we wanted to alter it a couple nights. But on 3 previous Allure sailings in a GS we never made reservations and just walked in every night and was seated right away. My understanding is that the CK has become much more popular with Suite guests and reservations are a good idea to help them keep thing moving smoothly.

We sail in suites and always get the email from the Concierge and make our reservations there, never have we had an issue. Note that the Diamond Lounge on Oasis and Allure are essentially unusable as they are always packed in the morning and evenings. I think those that have inside cabins (Diamonds, D+ and even Pinnacles) use it for their hang out place, get there early, and just park it for hours, and I mean hours...playing Sudoku, knitting, or just sitting and reading. And despite many attempts they cannot figure out how to use the coffee machine, which backs that line up. So we rarely set foot in the D Lounge.