Calling all peach sunset cruisers

keepcruising

Though I'd move this discussion from the roll call section, to make sure all Peach Sunset cruisers see it.

We have been discussing a get together, just a chance to meet fellow board users, and have a drink.

So far the sugestion is 7 7.30 at the Outback Bar.

Is there any other sugestions, or are we all happy with that?

We'll be there. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw each other when we arrive at Brisbane airport. I know what Sandra looks like and because of your photo Jane I know what you look like.

It seems we're all arriving at around the same time give or take half hour.

We arrive at 8.10am I believe.

Look forward to catching up with everyone and putting faces to the everyone else also.

kerri

Sounds good. We do have 2nd seating for dinner though, so it will a quicker hello. We might even meet before hand before we board since it looks like we're getting to Brisbane at roughly the same time. about 8ish? :)

Only 7 sleeps to go. Yay! This will be my first cruise!

Catch up with you all later.

Ingrid*

OMG I thought i started out so well organized but as I try to get things together I don't know what t's, tops, day and night wear (apart from formal)to take. About the only thing I'm not concerned with is shoes. Runners, thongs, formal and casual. 1 pair i'll wear the other, pack. Gone are the days I put in 6+ pairs for "just in case".

I'm trying not to take too much because I know some of it won't get worn (always start out thinking I won't wear the same top more than once but I usually do (after it's been washed)). I'm also going to try and not wash much except underwear, so that doesn't help either.

I can only hope that I'm not the only one who has this problem. Lol

I am a bad influence, Sandra started out with umm 2 pairs of shoes when cruising now she has 6 I think. Way to go girl!

I am taking a lot of shirts because I always get hot and sweaty. I wont be packing till next week because my mother is coming to stay from tomorrow until Sunday.

Hi Kerri, Jane, Ingrid and Sandra,

I see there's a drink spot for the first night. I'll try to make it after our dinner (1st sitting). It the Outback bar the one outside? I have your photo Jane so I'm sure I will see you at Brissie airport or the terminal.

Also re packing, have either of you tried rolling clothes so they don't crease? If it works I'd do it, otherwise I'll stick with folding. It's all downhill now..whoaaa. See ya. By the way, MSN weather does a 10 day outlook for Noumea and Vila if anyone is interested.

Kinka Anna

Thanks for the tip on rolling the clothes. I'll be trying that method so that they don't get wrinkly! Don't want to be doing too much ironing!

Hopefully we can catch up with each other at the Outback Bar between dinner sittings, even if it's for half an hour or something. It will be soooo goood to put names to faces too!

Can't wait to meet everyone! And I'm reeeeaaaallllllyyy excitied now!

Ingrid* :D

Do people think that perhaps we should change the meeting time to before first seating dinner? That way kinka won't be rushing her dinner and then rushing off to her show.

What about 5.30 at outback bar? The rest of us can linger on or go back and get ready for dinner.

I don't mind either way.

Do people think that perhaps we should change the meeting time to before first seating dinner? That way kinka won't be rushing her dinner and then rushing off to her show.

What about 5.30 at outback bar? The rest of us can linger on or go back and get ready for dinner.

I don't mind either way.

After trying for 2 days to get on the boards again, i was going to suggest the same thing regarding before dinner. I think it's a great idea, anytime after say 4pm. if we leave Brisbane at 2 that'll give us enough time for the sailaway (don't want to miss that):D >

Kerri:D

That's a nice gesture Jane, but don't fuss and change your plans for me.

This packing is so involved..I have a virtual medicine cabinet going with us. Hope I don't need to use any of it.

Just another Q...do you know if you can carry aerosol cans with lids in your cabin luggage on domestic flights (Virgin Blue)? I can just as easliy pack them into the suitcases. Enjoy your weekend then.

Cheers,

Kinka (Anna)

Hi Kerri,

Can you tell me what happens at Sailaway. It it just the champagne popping time etc. I would love to hear Enja's "Sail away" in the background.

Excitement plus time now.

Cya,

KinKa (Anna)

Anna, I can only go by what happened on the Sky with sailaway as I've not been on the Star but they had music playing, we had streamers going everywhere and lots of champagne/wine/beer.

There's almost nothing better than watching the tugs pull the ship away from the dock, music playing in the background, sailing under the bridge in

Sydney with a drink in hand:D

So I'm looking forward to experiencing Brisbane and what the Star has to offer.:D

Also I pack my aerosol cans in my suitcase. Just find it less of a hassle.

NOT LONG TO GO NOW.................:D :D

Kerri

There's almost nothing better than watching the tugs pull the ship away from the dock, music playing in the background, sailing under the bridge in

Sydney with a drink in hand:D

Kerri

The BEST feeling in the world if you ask me:) . But I'm sure it will be just as exciting sailing from Brisbane.

Karen

I don't mind either way.

Howdy everyone,

Whats the final plan with meeting? Jane, make an executive decision.;)

Should we all wear a red carnation or arm band? :p What about a red ribbon around our wrists.:D

I cant do this packing thing, I am now thinning out my suitcase contents. I have 10 pairs of shoes out and cant decide which ones should stay and which ones should be packed. I am so going over my 20kg luggage allowance!:rolleyes:

Just yesterday I was worried I didnt have enough clothes to wear now I cant fit the clothes in that are still hanging in the laundry in my bag!

I am planning to get Keepcruising over and get her to fit it in. Are you reading this Sandra? Expect a phone call.

I have woken during the night and remember that I had forgotten the hairdryer (yes I know they have one), razorm, drink bottle and something else that was REALLY important that I can't remember again now.

Regarding get together. Vote 1 for 5pm and 2 for 7pm. Majority rules. If it is an even tie or no one responds then lets leave it for 7pm.

Panic has set in as I havent packed yet! :eek:

Yes the dilemma with shoes and what not to take...... I will put the fancy dress stuff and underwear in and see how much i can fit in or wear.

We arrive in Brisbane at 9:25am. Leaving Sydney at 8am.

Lea

Archived