Food & dining

jworld

First time cruisers here.

Just booked a family suite on ruby princess to Mexico in November, I chose anytime dining. From my understanding there are 3 dining room but all offering the same menu? You order the food from menu, can you order additional? Like 2 entree? What’s the buffet hours?

Thank you for all answers!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, you can order 2 entrees....or 2 desserts (let's get real here!) The buffet is open something like 6am-midnight. What I know for sure is that it is open from before I'm out of bed until I'm thinking about bed. The offerings change throughout the day.

Room service is 24/7.

You will be assigned to one dining room. Yes, all serve the same menu. You choose traditional (fixed time) dining or open seating...but in a suite, you'll have anytime dining in club class. This includes an additional item (not on the menu) and little or no wait for anytime seating. You'll also have specialty dining on the first night of the cruise. There, you will be charged if you order an extra entree.

There will be about 5 choices in 3 categories - appetizer/soup/salad then the entrees and finally desserts that change from day to day. There are additional "princess favorites" that are on the menu everyday. I think their fettucini alfredo is quite good (it is one of the favorites) and it goes very well with the seafood choices. We often order a seafood entree and a "for the table" serving of the pasta. I thought most of the food was pretty good for a mass produced product.

A family suite (which is basically a mini suite and an inside room connected by a large extra living room, and has a balcony, which is very windy though) is considered a full suite and entitles you to suite perks, including free laundry, priority boarding at embarkation, a mini bar set up (which can be exchanged through room service for two coffee cards if you prefer), and a few other goodies. You can order anything off the dining room menu for dinner and have it in your room. You also may eat breakfast at Sabatini's, which is very nice. On our very first Princess cruise our family was upgraded from two inside rooms to a Family Suite on an Alaska cruise. It was amazing.

There are many threads that list the exact contents. Refills you pay for. You can trade item for item when you board--notify your host or call room service. Don't like the sprite and want diet coke? Just tell them. You can also trade the entire set up for 2 coffee cards (again, lots of posts on coffee cards, I'm not going to explain here how they work.)

First time cruisers here.

Just booked a family suite on ruby princess to Mexico in November, I chose anytime dining. From my understanding there are 3 dining room but all offering the same menu? You order the food from menu, can you order additional? Like 2 entree? What’s the buffet hours?

Thank you for all answers!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are in a family suite it is considered a full suite. You will have exclusive Club Class Dining, in the Club Class area of the Da Vinci DR. Club Class Dining is anytime dining. Don't forget the special suite breakfasts each morning in the Crown Grill.

Buffet hours are 6am to 11pm. Never closes.

A family suite (which is basically a mini suite and an inside room connected by a large extra living room, and has a balcony, which is very windy though) is considered a full suite and entitles you to suite perks, including free laundry, priority boarding at embarkation, a mini bar set up (which can be exchanged through room service for two coffee cards if you prefer), and a few other goodies. You can order anything off the dining room menu for dinner and have it in your room. You also may eat breakfast at Sabatini's, which is very nice. On our very first Princess cruise our family was upgraded from two inside rooms to a Family Suite on an Alaska cruise. It was amazing.

Wow!! A Family Suite for two inside rooms. Lucky you :D. I don’t think that happens anymore??

Tony