Norwegian getaway ...

Blueeyes2138

There is no way of telling because the docking direction in any port can vary based on weather, maintenance and security training needs, etc.

Only thing you can be pretty sure about is the side you can see the land when you are arriving to or departing from the port.

P.S. Hi and welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

Edited by Demonyte

Not really port related, but apparently the Getaway sets off fireworks one night during the cruise. From what I've read on the boards, if you want to watch them from your balcony, it's better to be on the port side. :)

Yes, fireworks on Breakaway class ships are on port side. We had a spa suite on port side on deck 14 fwd and were able to watch the fireworks from our own balcony as all the public spaces on higher decks were packed.

Edited by Demonyte

We are sailing on the getaway ( western Caribbean ) and booking balconies . What side would be best if we wanted a view of the ports ?:rolleyes:

When I was selecting my room I called NCL and the consultant told me which side (port or starboard) would have the best views in each location.

First time cruising on Norwegian and have a couple of questions about dining.

1. Most ships you can more then 1 meal. Can you do on the Getaway ?

2. Has anyone with a special diet been able to have them help with special needs? granddaughter has PKU and is on a special diet of no protein and was wondering who to call and set this up.

3. when you buy the dining pkg are you all the restaurants free of charge?

Thanks

First time cruising on Norwegian and have a couple of questions about dining.

1. Most ships you can more then 1 meal. Can you do on the Getaway ?

2. Has anyone with a special diet been able to have them help with special needs? granddaughter has PKU and is on a special diet of no protein and was wondering who to call and set this up.

3. when you buy the dining pkg are you all the restaurants free of charge?

Thanks

You should start you own thread instead of asking these in someone elses non related thread. :)

When I was selecting my room I called NCL and the consultant told me which side (port or starboard) would have the best views in each location.

Unfortunately you have been a victim of an unknowing customer service rep - do not worry, that does happen a lot with all big companies, NCL included. Usually if you ask three different people there, you'd probably get two or three different answers.

Again, as said, only thing they can predict is the side that will see something arriving/departing, not "in" each location as that is decided by the captain on individual basis on each cruise.

For example in Bermuda where the ships usually stay several nights they do have preferred side but because of aforementioned reasons on about every third or so cruise they are docked other way around.