Xpedition Galapagos Conservancy Donation + OBC

Janthere

We recently returned from a trip on Xpedition to the Galapagos. We loved the cruise and happily donated to the Galapagos Conservancy Fund in the amount of $250. In return, we are supposed to get $250 OBC with Celebrity. Just wondering if anyone else has done this and if so how you were notified about the status of your OBC? It has been charged to our credit card a few weeks ago but we haven't seen anything from Celebrity with regards to the OBC.

Thanks in advance

We did this same thing many years ago (2011). It takes some time for them to send you a letter in the mail confirming the OBC. Although I don't remember exactly how long it took, it did take some time - maybe close to two months. If you want to book another cruise before receiving the letter, they should be able to help you over the phone. We did have two years to use the OBC - and have traveled with Celebrity quite often since (the Galapagos cruise with Celebrity was our first cruise with them).

We recently returned from a trip on Xpedition to the Galapagos. We loved the cruise and happily donated to the Galapagos Conservancy Fund in the amount of $250. In return, we are supposed to get $250 OBC with Celebrity. Just wondering if anyone else has done this and if so how you were notified about the status of your OBC? It has been charged to our credit card a few weeks ago but we haven't seen anything from Celebrity with regards to the OBC.

Thanks in advance

Did you write a review? How many days did you go? Would to go there.

Our trip ended the first week in July, 2015.

We made the $500 donation.

After a few months, I called, and was told they issue these quarterly. I was told I missed the June 2nd Quarter and asked to wait until October.

Still didn't have anything in December, and had a trip coming up that I wanted to use the credit for. That reminded me to call again.

I was told that it had already been mailed, but I never received it. I asked if they could apply it to my upcoming cruise. Since my upcoming booking was with a TA, the TA needed to process the credit voucher/ I asked if they would email me a copy. Was put on hold for 15 minutes, so they could ask their supervisor, as they didn't know. Said they could, and I received the email a few days later. on December 23rd.

It had a 7/27/17 expiration date, so perhaps the original certificate was dated 7/27/2015, or only a few weeks after out trip ended.

I know this doesn't help answer when you should receive the credit, but if you don't get it within a few months, don't forget to call.

They only process quarterly. Technically I think it's in the form of Future Cruise Credit (FCC) not OBC (onboard credit). The FCC can be applied to the final payment of another Celebrity cruise.

Like others have said if you have something coming up don't hesitate to call and say you want to apply it.

• 2 months later...