Xpedition dinner dress?

jjmock

I know that Xpedition is a different type of cruise than typical Celebrity. I was wondering if anyone out there can comment (from experience) what the typical dinner dress will be on our cruise starting next week? Thanks!

At the very, very, least, casual.

On our Xpedition cruise, lots of shorts and tshirts at dinner. Would not think of taking anything more "dressy" than for men, say dockers and a button shirt.

And you are right, it is not even close to a traditional cruse.

I cannot speak from experience but have been following the boards for quite some time, it seems as though many passengers shower and change before dinner, then wear the clean clothing they plan to wear the next day to dinner. Since the time frame is only a couple of hours it makes perfect sense to me.

I am thinking that maybe an outfit or two that is a bit more "upscale" may be in order for the extensions, but will follow these comments with interest.

I wore a sundress each evening but I like to dress for dinner. I never felt over dressed. Capris, sundresses etc. You will definitely want to shower before dinner as you will be coming back from two excursions which might include snorkeling or hiking in the heat.

We saw a little bit of everything on our cruise.

On the ship casual is the way to go. On our trip it was the norm to shower and change before dinner. Lots of passengers wore to dinner was what they wore the next day. Shorts were okay. Some people dressed nicer than others. However, for dinner in Quito and when we had dinner on our MP extension most dressed a bit tidier than they did on the ship, such as capris, pants, skirts, men in 2 button polos. Still not dressy, but not as casual as on the ship.