If you've been on both Infinity and Constellation- feedback please

Punam

Reviews on Constellation are all over the map, and I get it because it depends what someone thinks 'bad' or great' is. Many seem to compare it to Reflection and say Connie's too old. poor shape, food is meh, etc.

The only Celebrity ship we've been on was Infinity (Alaska) and we had a sky suite. We enjoyed the trip very much, ate at Luminae and BLU for the most part and felt food was very good.

For folks who have been on both Infirnity and Constellation - would you say they're about the same in so far as upkeep - quality of the refurbishment?

Edited by Punam

We have been on both, Connie in Feb/Mar and the ship was in great shape. Infinity was about 15 months ago. Like them both but the Connie we like a little more.

Thanks so much for your feedback:):)

We were on the Constellation in 2012 and the infinity in 2014. We liked the Constellation better as a lot of the post 2012 cutbacks had not happened. The 15 day canal cruise we were on was under “Red Alert” for Noro. So, the Infinity was not quite as much fun. It’s a great ship though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Reviews on Constellation are all over the map, and I get it because it depends what someone thinks 'bad' or great' is. Many seem to compare it to Reflection and say Connie's too old. poor shape, food is meh, etc.

The only Celebrity ship we've been on was Infinity (Alaska) and we had a sky suite. We enjoyed the trip very much, ate at Luminae and BLU for the most part and felt food was very good.

For folks who have been on both Infirnity and Constellation - would you say they're about the same in so far as upkeep - quality of the refurbishment?

We have done 10 cruises on Celebrity, including 4 on Infinity and 2 on Constellation.

The ships are very similar in many ways and about the same age. We enjoyed all of our cruises on both.

I have found that in reading reviews on cruise critic that is makes a difference where most of the passengers are from.

Check out where the ship's cruises originated. Where do you think most of the passengers are from or the average age?

Have cruised on both over the last few years (Infinity several times) and IMHO they are pretty similar. My preference is Infinity, but we loved Connie as well. Some of the real differences between cruises are the current staff, management, entertainment, and the passengers. There is really no way to predict how they will be on a particular ship/cruise. And if you are looking more than a couple weeks into the future, even feedback from current guests is questionable. And experiences can vary. For example, I recently posted a thread about my experience on Millennium to Alaska with a B2B. On the first leg, our cabin was in awful condition (clean but very run down). We changed cabins for the second leg and it was in great shape. Had I written a review for each leg, they would have contradicted each other (at least as respects cabins and condition of the ship)! So you just can't tell until you are actually onboard.

I have 43 Celebrity cruises under my belt and I can honestly say that while some were better than others, they were all outstanding. You can't go wrong with either.

Have cruised on both over the last few years (Infinity several times) and IMHO they are pretty similar. My preference is Infinity, but we loved Connie as well. Some of the real differences between cruises are the current staff, management, entertainment, and the passengers. There is really no way to predict how they will be on a particular ship/cruise. And if you are looking more than a couple weeks into the future, even feedback from current guests is questionable. And experiences can vary. For example, I recently posted a thread about my experience on Millennium to Alaska with a B2B. On the first leg, our cabin was in awful condition (clean but very run down). We changed cabins for the second leg and it was in great shape. Had I written a review for each leg, they would have contradicted each other (at least as respects cabins and condition of the ship)! So you just can't tell until you are actually onboard.

I have 43 Celebrity cruises under my belt and I can honestly say that while some were better than others, they were all outstanding. You can't go wrong with either.

This pretty much says it. They are basically the same ship. We have been on both and enjoyed both. The rest varies according to crew, passengers, entertainment just as this poster says. I personally enjoyed the Infinity more, but we were part of a tour group that had bonded on the land part, so there were more people to have fun with. We were by ourselves on the Connie but enjoyed it. Food on Connie was not nearly as good, but that was two years later and Connie was sailing out of Singapore rather than South America which could have made the difference.

We did Infinity in 2016 (Panama Canal) and Constellation in 2017 (Italy and Adriatic). Both very nice but I would give the edge to Infinity on service and friendliness of the crew. The ships are pretty much identical and well maintained.

Been on both ships recently. Returning to Infinity in September and Connie in November. They are basically the same ship in terms of layout and amenities. Crew, including Senior Officers move from one ship to another so you might find some of the people you met on one ship on the other. The major difference for me is the design of Michael's Club where I prefer the Constellation. I would also consider when each ship last was in drydock and when the next drydock is scheduled. A more recent drydock may indicate a "newer" ship feel and added amenities.

Been on both ships recently. Returning to Infinity in September and Connie in November. They are basically the same ship in terms of layout and amenities. Crew, including Senior Officers move from one ship to another so you might find some of the people you met on one ship on the other. The major difference for me is the design of Michael's Club where I prefer the Constellation. I would also consider when each ship last was in drydock and when the next drydock is scheduled. A more recent drydock may indicate a "newer" ship feel and added amenities.

Good point about the dry docking. As for service, they were both excellent although on the Infinity they seemed happier, again it may have been the itinerary and weather that put people in a better mood.

What is different about the Michael's Club on Constellation vs Infinity? In my recollection they were both near identical, same as all the other M-Class clubs.

What is different about the Michael's Club on Constellation vs Infinity? In my recollection they were both near identical, same as all the other M-Class clubs.

Differences in decor. I prefer the feel of Connie, but it's individual choice. Like the Lion and Snake sculpture on Connie.

We were on a Panama Canal cruise on Infinity Nov 2017 and The Presidents Cruise on Constellation Mar 2018. I felt both ships were fine, of the two, Constellation which had a refit last year, seemed the newer. Constellation was all shiny new looking being constantly painted, probably due to the President coming on board but that was the only real difference, both in good shape really. Thoroughly enjoyed both cruises.

Differences in decor. I prefer the feel of Connie, but it's individual choice. Like the Lion and Snake sculpture on Connie.

OK. Yes they all are decorated and furnished a bit differently. That would be a very subtle distinction to most cruisers choosing between two M-Class ships.