Porch on Silhouette - December 2018

mmsJack

Hi All - random Porch question:

We noticed that the Porch is not among the specialty dining options listed in our cruise planner for our December 2018 Silhouette Caribbean sailing. Has anyone heard talk of a change or re-concept for that space?

Separately - this is the first time I've seen a discounted rate offered via our cruise planner for the first night of sailing. Murano ($35pp) Lawn Club Grill and Tuscan Grill ($30pp) - all with lots of time slots available. While we have been offered discounts the first and second day of a cruise once on board, I don't remember ever seeing a deal being offered on our cruise planner in advance of our departure day other than a % off sale for dining packages - though maybe restaurant specific deals have been there before and we just missed it? (Did I just highjack my own post...?)

Thanks in advance for any news on Porch - I know it gets mixed reviews but we love it, especially for lunch :hearteyes:. Usually quiet, great atmosphere *outside* and typically wonderful service so we hope it will still be there come December! (yn)

The first night discounts you saw could actually generate more $ for X.

Last night they were offering 50% off the Speciality restaurants if you were booked in AQ or a Suite not sure if Concierge had the same offer. There were staff walking the OVC and offering 30% off to dine in the speciality restaurants.

We did the 50% off at Murano and it was full. We left about 9:45 and they were still seating people.

Was just looking on our upcoming Aug 18th Ireland/Iceland out of Southampton planner and we too do not have any listings for the Porch.

Anyone currently on Silhouette??

The Porch isn’t classed as a speciality restaurant and i don’t think it has ever been part of the package . Evidently Qzine is running as normal on Silhouette

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the info. I thought Porch was a booking choice for us on Reflection last year, but could be remembering incorrectly. Qsine is usually on, but maybe with the changeover to Le Petite Chef we are hearing about on some ships, it is a timing issue.

I do believe the Porch is classified as a 'specialty' restaurant because there is a charge to dine here (although it is cheaper than the other specialty options.)

It was definitely an option to book via our Reflection cruise planner prior to our 2017 sailing last December though it's not showing up as a restaurant option on our Silhouette cruise planner this time.

Maybe all's well - could be a glitch on our planner? As Quinn states, it is showing up on their Silhouette cruise planner for next January, so...?

I was just curious and figured you never know. While we enjoyed it, it wasn't especially busy on our last cruise and I'm sure they're always re-evaluating the valuable dining space real estate. Qsine wasn't very busy either - on our sailing anyway, and it's been changed to Le Petit Chef at Qsine on the Reflection anyway (according to that ship's list of restaurants via the Celebrity website) so I was hoping for some intel!