Buffet Bar on Reflection?

sykimball1498

I have searched for the answer on this forum but have not yet been able to get a definitive answer on this. We were recently on the Solstice and they had a bar set up in the buffet area. Will the Reflection have this as well? I checked the deck plans and do not see a bar listed but thought that was a good feature as we do like to have a glass of wine with our lunch sometimes in the buffet.

Also, if it does not, where would the nearest bar be (other than the pool bar as this is usually crowded and busy with everyone on deck)?

Thank you in advance.

We were on the Reflection this past March. Yes, there is a bar in the Oceanview Cafe. I believe it is called Bacio II, or something similar. Wine, beer and mixed drinks are available. It is also where you can get the “fresh” orange juice (or mimosa if you prefer).

Yes, Reflection does have a bar in the Oceanview Buffet. It's odd that in the Daily Program where the bars hours of operation are listed, this one in the Buffet is not listed at all. It has perhaps the longest hours of operation of any bar on the ship!

Thanks for all the insight on this.

I forgot to say that I checked the daily programs on some recent reviews and didn't see one listed either so I really thought "What a bummer!". So glad to hear it is in full operation in the buffet for many hours in the day.

The 1st 3 Solstice class ships have a Oceanview Bar outside aft. Silhouette and Reflection were built without the aft bar. While without the bar it does add a lot of tables. I have had problems getting drinks. The Sunset bar can get real busy.

I have searched for the answer on this forum but have not yet been able to get a definitive answer on this. We were recently on the Solstice and they had a bar set up in the buffet area. Will the Reflection have this as well? I checked the deck plans and do not see a bar listed but thought that was a good feature as we do like to have a glass of wine with our lunch sometimes in the buffet.

Also, if it does not, where would the nearest bar be (other than the pool bar as this is usually crowded and busy with everyone on deck)?

Thank you in advance.

Why not just order from a waiter or wine steward? There are plenty in buffet.

That's what we've always done. In fact in all of our cruises the only times I've stopped at the bar in the buffet at all was when we're in port and stopped for bottled water on the way out....and then only if I've forgotten to order it!;)

We would also do that as well, but wasn't sure if they would have to go to another bar to have requested drinks filled or not. I sometimes go to the bar and sometimes order from the waiters. It just depends on the day and how much time we have allotted for lunch.

I am glad to know we have the option of doing either though so thanks for the suggestion.

As has been said, there is no bar as such on the outside dining area of Oceanview on Silhouette and Reflection like there is on the earlier S class ships. But, the waiters get drinks from chilled cabinets they set up outside outside that stock most drinks options, wines beers etc. So you need not worry they have to go too far to get your drink, unless its something really uncommon or they have run out.

hint: the bar in the buffet area usually sells bottles of wine at lunch which are at reduced prices. which you can enjoy with lunch, take back to your cabin, etc. The only restriction is that you can't take those "less expensive" wine bottles to a dining room at dinner. Of course, if you show up for dinner with a glass of wine, they have no way to know where it's from.

Oh No! No bar on the back deck of the OV cafe? :( Our favorite place for frozen daiquiris.....

Hope the bar inside will make them.

The Sunset Bar one deck up outside is the place, much closer than the bar inside, and the waiters will get them.

• 1 month later...

Personally, I hated going up to the Oceanview buffet bar on the equinox in May! The bar staff frequently ignored the queue of passengers who’d bothered to get their own drinks and all served the waiters who barked orders at them! It resulted in a pissed off group of passengers and a grumpy bar staff! Not ideal!