Celebrity Solstice Cruise

michymouse87

hello! hubby and I are honeymooning on Celebrity Solstice June 2018. The last cruise we booked we were able to book our show entertainments in the cruise planner. Cannot seem to figure out how to do that for Solstice. Can anyone provide insight on whether you pre book for entertainment? Also, what are people wearing around the ship? For even diners and attending the night time bar scene? Lastly 2 formal nights on this cruise? Lastly- we are looking at booking excursions. Has anyone waited to book while on the ship and gotten a discounted rate? thanks everyone!

Celebrity doesn’t have formal nights. They have Evening Chic nights so cocktail attire, suits, ties are not necessary. The Celebrity website has a explanation of the dress code.

I haven’t seen shore excursions discounted on the ship and some have reported popular excursions are sometimes more expensive onboard.

Celebrity does not take reservations for evening entertainment. Also, the dress code only applies to the Main Dining Room, not the Specialties or anywhere else on the ship. On Evening chic nights you will see people with tuxes and others in Jeans and a polo shirt. The rest of the ship in the evening is pretty much anything goes, many will eat in the buffet in shorts and stay that way for the rest of the evening.

Excursions they usually don't reduce the price but you can get specials on the Specialty restaurants especially the first night. Occasionally, Celebrity will advertise pre cruise sales on the excursions, you just have to be proactive on those.

hello! hubby and I are honeymooning on Celebrity Solstice June 2018. The last cruise we booked we were able to book our show entertainments in the cruise planner. Cannot seem to figure out how to do that for Solstice. Can anyone provide insight on whether you pre book for entertainment? Also, what are people wearing around the ship? For even diners and attending the night time bar scene? Lastly 2 formal nights on this cruise? Lastly- we are looking at booking excursions. Has anyone waited to book while on the ship and gotten a discounted rate? thanks everyone!

Happy Honeymoon! Most of your questions have been answered. If you want a better price on excursions have you gone to your Cruise Critic Roll Call for your cruise? Many there will be looking to share private excursions.

Just a quick heads up but some of the excursions you want may not be still available onboard. Some of the really popular ones sell out. We too are on a June 2018 Solstice Alaska Cruise and most people during the day will be wearing jeans. At night you will find a little of everything depending on your dinner venue. We tend to dress up more in the evening. If we are in port late we will wear nice jeans to the buffet if we forgo the dining room.

Happy Honeymoon. Have fun and be comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
Just a quick heads up but some of the excursions you want may not be still available onboard. Some of the really popular ones sell out. We too are on a June 2018 Solstice Alaska Cruise and most people during the day will be wearing jeans. At night you will find a little of everything depending on your dinner venue. We tend to dress up more in the evening. If we are in port late we will wear nice jeans to the buffet if we forgo the dining room.

Happy Honeymoon. Have fun and be comfortable.

Hi hubby and i are also going for honeymoon this Oct with solstice is there movie theatre by the pool? For relaxing..aside from spa?

Hi hubby and i are also going for honeymoon this Oct with solstice is there movie theatre by the pool? For relaxing..aside from spa?

The outdoor movie theater is on the Lawn Club (deck 15 towards the back)

• 4 weeks later...
There are no longer formal nights on Celebrity

Can't tell you how much I enjoy seeing this.

We are going to Alaska in May and was not looking forward to packing for 'formal' nights. WOOHOO