[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:05 PM.
North Essex , UK
742 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
Originally posted by hippo2413
We are also sailing on Silhouette 1st September & had booked Qsine a few months ago when it was still showing on cruise planner. I'd been keeping an eye on posts hoping that it would still be available on-board but received the following email from Celebrity yesterday confirming Qsine is no more!

Dear Valued Guest,
We are writing to inform you the specialty restaurant Qsine will no longer be offered onboard the Celebrity Silhouette. We will now be offering a new and exciting dining experience called Le Petit Chef in its place. Your Qsine reservation has been cancelled and you will be refunded back to your original form of payment, or if you used onboard credit then your onboard credit has been refunded back to your allotment. Le Petit Chef will be available to book the week of July 23rd. If you wish to book in Le Petit Chef, you can reply to this email and provide a contact number, and I will call you to book a reservation and take payment, or you can give celebrity a call at 1-888-837-5676, or you can do so onboard the ship. Your original rate will be protected if done in advance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.
Best Regards,
We are sailing August 4th. Can anyone confirm that Qsine will still be operating then or, as suggested her,e be converted to LPC? - I cannot get used to LPC - it makes me think of Little Chef, the UK restaurants that have almost disappeared!
Waggie
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
10,805 Posts
Joined May 2009
Imho, they've replaced one gimmicky upcharge venue with another that appears to be even more gimmicky. No thanks.

We'll be on the Silhouette in November. Looking forward to Lawn Club Grill, Tuscan, and Murano!
1,409 Posts
Joined Dec 2004
Originally posted by Turtles06
Imho, they've replaced one gimmicky upcharge venue with another that appears to be even more gimmicky. No thanks.

We'll be on the Silhouette in November. Looking forward to Lawn Club Grill, Tuscan, and Murano!

While I understand some people dislike Qsine, it did have 20 different and varied food items (not counting desserts) on the menu and almost everyone could find many they liked. I can see the new concept being unique once but, from what I understand, it has a very limited menu which would not get us to come back. And the price tag seems very overpriced.
10,805 Posts
Joined May 2009
Originally posted by blueboro
While I understand some people dislike Qsine, it did have 20 different and varied food items (not counting desserts) on the menu and almost everyone could find many they liked. I can see the new concept being unique once but, from what I understand, it has a very limited menu which would not get us to come back. And the price tag seems very overpriced.
To clarify my post which you quoted, I actually liked the food at Qsine, but I found the "concept" a bit too much. (That was after three dinners there on two different ships, trying it twice with groups of different sizes, and once just with my wife.)

I totally agree with you about how limited the LPC menu seems to be, given what folks have reported about it. And yes, a hefty price tag. Hard to see how it survives. (But what do I know? )
New York
1,070 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
We will certainly miss Qsine when we sail on the Silhouette next March! On our 4 previous cruises we had our 1st night of the cruise dinner there each time and was looking forward to continuing our tradition.
We have absolutely no interest in LPC as the limited menu doesn’t appeal to us at all. We will be staying in the PH, therefore dining there would be complimentary, but that still will not entice us to eat there. Guess we’ll give the Lawn Club Grill a try, our first time sailing on S-class.
First Bistro on 5, now Qsine ☹️

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Debbie

June 1983 our 1st Anniversary Cruise
Bermuda, Holland America Veendam
August 1989
Bermuda, Chandris Amerikanis
May 2007
Bahamas, RCCL Majesty of the Seas
April 2008
Caribbean, Carnival Miracle
January 2010
Caribbean, RCCL Explorer of the Seas
June 2012 our 30th Anniversary Cruise
Bermuda, Celebrity Summit
June 2013
August 2016 our 1st PH sailing!
July 2017 love that PH!
March 2019 Trying an S-class PH!
Caribbean, Celebrity Silhouette
10,805 Posts
Joined May 2009
Originally posted by CruisersTimesThree
We will certainly miss Qsine when we sail on the Silhouette next March! On our 4 previous cruises we had our 1st night of the cruise dinner there each time and was looking forward to continuing our tradition.
We have absolutely no interest in LPC as the limited menu doesn’t appeal to us at all. We will be staying in the PH, therefore dining there would be complimentary, but that still will not entice us to eat there. Guess we’ll give the Lawn Club Grill a try, our first time sailing on S-class.
First Bistro on 5, now Qsine ☹️

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Please do try the Lawn Club Grill, it's wonderful. Be careful not to fill up on the flatbreads! Leave room for the shrimp, steak, or whatever you might want to eat. And dessert. (Warm chocolate cookie with ice cream.)

I really miss Bistro on 5 as well.
3,580 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Le Petit Chef seems firmly geared to first-time Celebrity cruisers. I’m not sure how many people will want to see it twice or more at that price, especially with the reports that the food is ok, but not stellar. After what I’ve read/seen, I’ll probably only try it if it’s offered for free for some reason. I wonder if they will get enough people who want to try it once to keep it going for long?
Jericho, New York
5,919 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
We really enjoyed Qsine. Hope that The Petit Chef is good, but I am not sure if the menu is as interesting. They changed Bistro on Five to Sushi on Five and if you don't like sushi- too bad. We no longer go to that restaurant. Have a feeling that we will save money and not dine in The Petit Chef either. Fortunately the Lawn Grill is our favorite restaurant and hopefully it will remain!