Service Charges when you upgrade to a Suite from a comp with CAS

A1SusieQ

I hope this has happened to someone before:

I was comped a minisuite and then upgraded to a full suite. My NCL shows the proper room, but when I go to pre-pay the service charges, it is only asking for $13.99 per person, per day. There are 5 of us in the room, so they are requesting: $769.45 for 11 days. A suite would be: $16.99 per person, per day for a total of: $934.45 if paid in advance. If paid on the ship, it will be: $17.50 per person per day: $962.50.

If I pay the $769.45 now, will i be charged the additional $193.05 on the ship?

I called CAS and my rep is on vacation, but the customer rep said: Well...if that's all they are charging you, then that is all you should pay. She didn't know the real answer if i would be additionally charged onboard.

I offered to pay the $934.45, but their system wouldn't allow it.

I know this seems petty, but i am that person who hates being charged anything onboard that can be paid in advance.

So if you have upgraded your non-suite comp to a suite, what was your experience with the Service Charge price?

I get cabins comped by CAS for every cruise. I have always upgraded to a suite and pre-pay the service charges for the original cabin. I have never been charged extra on the ship for the difference.

Thank you so much for the response. :)

Ditto. I've only paid the service charges (in advance) for the cabin category I was comped, not the category I upgraded to. I've always prepaid so I don't know if they would charge the $13.99 or $16.99 if I had not done so.

Ditto. I've only paid the service charges (in advance) for the cabin category I was comped, not the category I upgraded to. I've always prepaid so I don't know if they would charge the $13.99 or $16.99 if I had not done so.

Thank you for the confirmation. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums