Valuetrip booking question...Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale

bankonus

You can e mail Value Trips & ask them for an update

I was under the impression from posts here on CN that ValueTrips were pretty much ignoring Emails and phones and were unreachable, so I didn't even bother. I'll see what they say, but I'd still like to get an idea of how long it is currently taking for folks to get their confirmation (or refusal :()

Just call the hotel directly and ask.

Thanks, but I am asking about when to expect the official confirmation from VT, not whether I have the reservation. I shouldn't have to spend international long distance dollars calling the hotel to get the confirmation when VT's own website clearly states that I should have had their confirmation within 3 business days. Also, VT's website says "Your reservation is not confirmed until you receive a confirmation by e-mail."

We have stayed at Hyatt Place and booked through Value trips for years. In January last year I think the rate was over $200, but I can't remember, just know it's cheaper than other hotels.

Last year there was a computer problem and the rates weren't out for 2018 until really late, like maybe November????

I know we will book through them again for our January trip and am patiently waiting for the 2019 rates as we will stay there again in June of 2019.

I was under the impression from posts here on CN that ValueTrips were pretty much ignoring Emails and phones and were unreachable, so I didn't even bother. I'll see what they say, but I'd still like to get an idea of how long it is currently taking for folks to get their confirmation (or refusal :()

I stay at Hyatt this past April. It took Hyatt about 3 weeks to send my confirmation. I did e mail them & they responded they were having server problems.

I can tell you last March (2017) we paid $119.00 per room for Hyatt Place using ValueTrips...if that helps.

The rate from January to March was $219, not $119. However, the rate without Value Trips was $279.

It took them nearly three weeks to get back to us with a confirmation.

I can tell you last March (2017) we paid $119.00 per room for Hyatt Place using ValueTrips...if that helps.

WOW, we paid $219 through Valuetrips for March 2017.............how did you get that rate?

What are folks seeing these days re the time delay between making a VT booking for the Hyatt Place and actually receiving their confirmation? It seems long delays are the norm, but I booked on July 2 for a November stay and still have not received our confirmation, 16 days later. I can always call the hotel direct, but I'd still prefer to have the ValueTrips "official" Email confirmation.

Thanks in advance...

I sent my request on July 14th and have just received the confirmation -- so six days. Have you checked your spam folder? Mind you, it may have already been deleted by now if it gets dumped every 7 days.

I sent my request on July 14th and have just received the confirmation -- so six days. Have you checked your spam folder? Mind you, it may have already been deleted by now if it gets dumped every 7 days.

Yup, always check my various spam folders, nothing there. However....

I just did receive our confirmation a few minutes ago. The message from VT apologizes for ...Email delivery problems..." All is confirmed for our November 8 stay, which I booked on July 2. Saved a bit shy of $100 for a one night stay :D

The rate from January to March was $219, not $119. However, the rate without Value Trips was $279.

It took them nearly three weeks to get back to us with a confirmation.

WOW, we paid $219 through Valuetrips for March 2017.............how did you get that rate?

So sorry I hit the 1 instead of the 2...these senior fingers sometimes have a mind of their own....:o:o:o

Hope this hasn't caused anyone undue stress ;)

Yup, always check my various spam folders, nothing there. However....

I just did receive our confirmation a few minutes ago. The message from VT apologizes for ...Email delivery problems..." All is confirmed for our November 8 stay, which I booked on July 2. Saved a bit shy of $100 for a one night stay :D

Yay! Glad you finally received it.

Sort of off-topic but not exactly, has anyone used Valuetrips to book a hotel in LA for trips put of San Pedro or Long Beach, and do they even have any hotels in their inventory that will work for cruisers? When I go to the Valuetrips web site and click on Los Angeles, there is no response

• 2 weeks later...

I sent in a reservation request on July 25 and still haven't heard anything (Aug. 5 today). I've been checking my Junk Mail folder but nothing there.

Kinda getting concerned because we need the room for Sept. 1 for our Allure cruise. I'm wondering if I should just book via Hotwire/Priceline before the prices get too crazy for that Labour Day long weekend.

I sent in a reservation request on July 25 and still haven't heard anything (Aug. 5 today). I've been checking my Junk Mail folder but nothing there.

Kinda getting concerned because we need the room for Sept. 1 for our Allure cruise. I'm wondering if I should just book via Hotwire/Priceline before the prices get too crazy for that Labour Day long weekend.

My confirmation Email from VT came 18 days after I made the booking on their website. When I started to get a bit worried about not having heard back from them, I sent them an Email using the "Contact Us" form on their website. I received a response and my confirmation within a day or two.

Others on CC here have suggested calling the Front Desk at the hotel, NOT the 1-800 number for Hyatt, and asking the person on duty whether they have your reservation yet.

Best of luck, and have a GREAT cruise :D

My confirmation Email from VT came 18 days after I made the booking on their website. When I started to get a bit worried about not having heard back from them, I sent them an Email using the "Contact Us" form on their website. I received a response and my confirmation within a day or two.

Others on CC here have suggested calling the Front Desk at the hotel, NOT the 1-800 number for Hyatt, and asking the person on duty whether they have your reservation yet.

Best of luck, and have a GREAT cruise :D

Great tips...thanks! I did email the Contact Us address from Value Trips but didn't hear anything back. I'll give it a few more days before calling the Front Desk at the Hyatt. I just hope this works out because the location is perfect for us and I wanted a good pre-cruise hotel as it's my daughter's first time!

Here is another option. The Renaissance on 17th street is booking for 318 with taxes for our Jan. 2019 stay. There is a $200 statement credit if you take out the credit card promo listed on their website. Our total will be $118 if we use the new card.

Hard to beat that.

jayarrG7 - do you have to pre-pay an annual card fee on the new card? Some of these credit card offers give you a statement credit of $200 and auto charge you $75 or more. You are still ahead but not as much as you thought. Check the fine print.

jayarrG7 - do you have to pre-pay an annual card fee on the new card? Some of these credit card offers give you a statement credit of $200 and auto charge you $75 or more. You are still ahead but not as much as you thought. Check the fine print.

As we examined the promo, no annual fee the first year.

Just remember to cancel later.

Once you get a confirmation from VT and/ or by calling Hyatt Place front desk direct you are confirmed at the exact posted pricing ... not a lottery ...this is a booking site used by many of us. Stop worrying ;)

I agree with the above. We have used Valuetrips several times with no problems at all. You are treated just like any other guest who books there by any means.