Norwegian Sky?

KU_Cruiser

I just booked a 4-day cruise on the Sky for March due to expedia's deals. I have been reading some pretty negative reviews on the sky, only cruised once before on Carnival's Dream and had a great time. Will I be disapointed?

Thanks!

I just booked a 4-day cruise on the Sky for March due to expedia's deals. I have been reading some pretty negative reviews on the sky, only cruised once before on Carnival's Dream and had a great time. Will I be disapointed?

Thanks!

Hi there. I see you are brand new to Cruise Critic and I would be happy to let you know that we just have returned from a 4 night cruise on this ship and had a wonderful time.

You will find the ship's crew to be helpful and pleasant if not downright cheerful. The food is plentiful and tasty, and the laid back, at your own pace style of the Bahamas is well suited to the NCL free style, Cruise like a Norweigan concept.

Attitude is important in terms of your overall satisfaction with any travel experience, IMHO and cruising is no different. Do you expect to have a good and relaxing time and are you prepared to see the glass as half full? :)

Oh, and since you are new to CC, you may not have read one of the little rules they would like you to follow-we don't mention our TA (Travel Agent) by name, as this might be construed as comercial in nature...you could just say "used a well-known on-line TA"...although I do admit to sometimes wondering who some of these TAs might be :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Oops, double post. See below...

Thanks!

No! The Sky is a great ship with a great crew. There have been a couple of reviews posted on the boards recently, try a search and check them out. They were positive. There's also one in my signature from our Spring Break cruise this past March, we had a great time!

Just go and enjoy :)

By the way, I'm not sure how long you've been reading CC but the Carnival Dream gets it's fair share of negative feedback around here. If you enjoyed that despite all of the horrible reviews, I'm sure you'll be just fine with the Sky!

we have sailed the Sky twice and had a wonderfult time. Your vacation is what you make it not someone else.

We have been on some cruises when we had a great time and read reviews when we got home that was all negative made me wonder if we were on the same ship. Then we have had a so so time and read wonderful views so it is all what YOU make it.

Have a wonderful time and enjoy the great outdoor cafe on the Sky.

Thanks!

I was on the Sky last year, no complaints...

Like the others have said sky is a good ship. Like you I was worried about the sky after I booked a two nighter last year. But we had a really good time and wished it had been longer. In april I went on the Monarch of the seas to try another line to see the differences. I still prefer the sky better then the Monarch. Will be back on the sky in Nov to try out a suite. :D Next I would like to try carnival.

Hello Fellow Kansas Citian-

Thinking about a 4 night on the Sky also next June. We've been on the NCL Pearl and Jewel so had a few concerns about being disappointed by how much older the sky is (and of course some of the reviews), but doing it with a group so 4 nights is what works best. I think it will be good and we're really looking forward to it. We were also a little concerned about it being too much of a party ship, but the more reviews I've read the less I'm concerned about that.

Here's a couple of sites I've come across w/ some good pics:

http://www.beyondships.com/NCLSky.html

Norwegian Sky

Hope you have a good time...Go Mizzou! ;-)

Thanks!

Our first NCL cruise was on the Sky in March. It is often a lively crowd in March, depending on the spring break schedule. On our cruise, over half the passengers were under 26, so it was a bit more energetic than we usually see. We loved it.

We like Freestyle more than what we had experienced on both Princess and Disney in the past. From check in until the end, the crew was happy and very pleasant.

I guess the staterooms are smaller in the Sky than the current ships; we had a porthole room, and joked about the shower being really small. But we had a lot of fun.

We splurged on the Blue Lagoon Sea Lion encounter in Nassau that was a very nice excursion for us.

Hello Fellow Kansas Citian-

Thinking about a 4 night on the Sky also next June. We've been on the NCL Pearl and Jewel so had a few concerns about being disappointed by how much older the sky is (and of course some of the reviews), but doing it with a group so 4 nights is what works best. I think it will be good and we're really looking forward to it. We were also a little concerned about it being too much of a party ship, but the more reviews I've read the less I'm concerned about that.

Here's a couple of sites I've come across w/ some good pics:

http://www.beyondships.com/NCLSky.html

Norwegian Sky

Hope you have a good time...Go Mizzou! ;-)

Another Kansas Citian here :-) You even made me come out of lurkdom for this. We're going on the Sky over Christmas break. Thank you very much for posting the links, especially the first one. Very excited to be able to see the Children's Program dailies! Thanks again!

Hello! The theme is starting to sound familiar here. I am also from Kansas City….only been on two cruises…first the Carnival Dream with our 3 kids…second cruise was on the NCL Sky last month without the kids. We really enjoyed both cruises. I'm not sure our kids would have enjoyed the Sky in September as much as the Dream in June…but we had a blast. We booked an Aft Balcony Suite on the Sky…so that didn't hurt the experience. The staff was great and the Ship was very clean. Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...
Our first NCL cruise was on the Sky in March. It is often a lively crowd in March, depending on the spring break schedule. On our cruise, over half the passengers were under 26, so it was a bit more energetic than we usually see. We loved it.

We like Freestyle more than what we had experienced on both Princess and Disney in the past. From check in until the end, the crew was happy and very pleasant.

I guess the staterooms are smaller in the Sky than the current ships; we had a porthole room, and joked about the shower being really small. But we had a lot of fun.

We splurged on the Blue Lagoon Sea Lion encounter in Nassau that was a very nice excursion for us.

awww I wish I was going on the sky in march, we are going on the pearl and im hoping its just as much fun as the sky, at least its a nicer ship but things like decor arent that importaint to me, as long as its FUN. I think both itinerarys probably attract a party crowd

I have never sailed the Dream but have sailed the Sky twice and Epic (similiar to Dream). The Sky is a great ship but you cannot compare it to the Dream or Epic. That does not mean you will not have a great time. Our first Sky cruise is one of our favorite cruises of all time. We were in a penthouse suite then. In fact, the penthouse on the Sky is twice the size than the one on Epic.

Believe it or not but the Sky was once the largest cruise ship in the world in 1999. Boy have things have changed in 10 years!

The Sky is your classic cruise ship. It does not have Vegas style acts like the Epic nor does it have shows you have to pre-book. But it has a great variety of very good restaurants and bars. Also, the Sky wakes up at a different port every day. So that sort of makes sailing on a smaller ship preferable since you are off the ship every day. NCL has a great private island that you will really enjoy.

Thanks!

I will be on the

Sky for a 4 day cruise..in January.. do they ever have a formal dress night/? looking forward to it// thanks:confused:

I will be on the

Sky for a 4 day cruise..in January.. do they ever have a formal dress night/? looking forward to it// thanks:confused:

NCL doesn't have a formal night. They have "Dress Up or Not" night, which is exactly what it sounds like. Our Freestyle Daily never listed any particular night for this on the 4 day sailing but many people dressed up each night anyway.

Archived