All Getaway Sailings from March 21-April 18th Itinerary Change

LSUalum

Just received an email we will be arriving in Nassau at noon now instead of 10am and departing at 7pm instead of 6pm.

What would be the reason for this?

I just saw that also. I'm fine with that cause I usually don't get off the ship in Nassau. Enjoy your first cruise, the Getaway is great and I'll be on the April 4th sailing.

Geaux Tigers!

To Just saying it's pretty rotten of NCL 9 days before the cruise to magically have this change. I highly doubt whether someone booking this cruise or not was contingent on this fact, however that lost hour NCL should reimburse all parties with OBC at the least.

Edited by LSUalum

Just saying it's pretty rotten of NCL 10 days before the cruise to magically have this change. I highly doubt whether someone booking this cruise or not was contingent on this fact, however that lost hour NCL should reimburse all parties with OBC at the least.

C'mon, really?? We're talking 1 hour!

C'mon, really?? We're talking 1 hour!

Atlantis waterpark is only open till 5, so you're talking 2 less hours for anyone who is doing Atlantis, which is $165ish per person. Excursion probably doesn't get there until 1, so now you're paying $165 for four hours in the park instead of 6. Pretty ****ty.

Edited by shapatack0

Atlantis waterpark is only open till 5, so you're talking 2 less hours for anyone who is doing Atlantis, which is $165ish per person. Excursion probably doesn't get there until 1, so now you're paying $165 for four hours in the park instead of 6. Pretty ****ty.

So NCL should give OBC to all the passengers because of this? They have the right to make adjustments in their scheduling at any time AND they are giving passengers notice!

That used to the the schedule for Getaway all the time, including when we sailed. At some point it was changed to the 10am arrival instead of noon. Looks like it's switching back for a while.

As I recall the story as people were telling it here on CC was that O'Sheehan was on one of the sailings last year when they were getting in at noon and people mentioned it would be nice to get to Nassau earlier. Soon after they changed it to get there earlier.

For me, I would be happy to miss Nassau all together but last year it was nice since we had the slides pretty much to ourselves and my DS and I kept going down the slides with only one or two people wait max.

I was just on the feb 28 - mar 7 sailing. We were notified 2 days before getting to nassau that we would be arriving at noon instead of 10am. We also had booked Atlantis. We actually arrived in Nassau around 11am, started disembarking shortly after, and were quickly brought to Atlantis by 1230pm. With 4 ships in port that day, Atlantis was busy but still easy to navigate and have a great time. 4-5 hours at Atlantis is more than enough time there to do everything. We went on each slide and water attraction at least twice, visited the beaches, the Dig, had lunch and a few drinks. Just don't let a minor adjustment in itinerary ruin your cruise. You'll still have a great time!! It is what you make of it!

To Just saying it's pretty rotten of NCL 9 days before the cruise to magically have this change. I highly doubt whether someone booking this cruise or not was contingent on this fact, however that lost hour NCL should reimburse all parties with OBC at the least.

Really? You want ncl to give you obc bc your losing an hour??? How about losing your whole itinerary to Bermuda with less than 24 hours notice from docking in Bermuda bc of a hurricane and we got NO obc. We all just made the best out of our vacation! And no one on our sailing was contingent on this fact either. There's bigger things in life than to cry over losing an hour in a port.

SERIOUSLY? LOL I almost spit my Mt Dew all over the screen laughing at your post. My god in heaven this has to be the most asinine post I have ever read on these forums! Tell ya what you post your mailing address here and I'll send you a check for 50¢ to use as on board credit.

I was just on the feb 28 - mar 7 sailing. We were notified 2 days before getting to nassau that we would be arriving at noon instead of 10am. We also had booked Atlantis. We actually arrived in Nassau around 11am, started disembarking shortly after, and were quickly brought to Atlantis by 1230pm. With 4 ships in port that day, Atlantis was busy but still easy to navigate and have a great time. 4-5 hours at Atlantis is more than enough time there to do everything. We went on each slide and water attraction at least twice, visited the beaches, the Dig, had lunch and a few drinks. Just don't let a minor adjustment in itinerary ruin your cruise. You'll still have a great time!! It is what you make of it!

Thanks for the information! We just got word today our itinerary changed and were concerned about the time change, its nice to know we will have plenty of time! Thanks for the detailed info!

Just got an email that this change applies to all sailings from April 25-October 24. Kind of sucks, was looking forward to Atlantis (I'm on the September 5th sailing) but with this change it just really isn't worth the 195pp.

I was on the Getaway last year shortly after they changed the itinerary and if I recall correctly it appeared that the captain was really high tailing it to Nassau. I could feel us really going a lot faster than the rest of the time on the cruise but not sure if that was my imagination or not. Maybe it has to do with saving gas money??? Can anyone else think of why they would change the itinerary? Kinda bummer but I may call the Nassau stop a ship day with this change [emoji17].

So NCL should give OBC to all the passengers because of this? They have the right to make adjustments in their scheduling at any time AND they are giving passengers notice!

I didn't say that every passenger should get OBC. I was responding to the "what's the big deal comment" from another poster. For those planning the Atlantis excurstion this is a big deal, and honestly there's not a whole lot else to do with kids in Nassau.

As I recall the story as people were telling it here on CC was that O'Sheehan was on one of the sailings last year when they were getting in at noon and people mentioned it would be nice to get to Nassau earlier. Soon after they changed it to get there earlier.

Exactly. The original itinerary used to have the ship arrive at noon and depart at 7pm. This is just a reversion to the itinerary we had less then a year ago.

I was on the Getaway last year shortly after they changed the itinerary and if I recall correctly it appeared that the captain was really high tailing it to Nassau. I could feel us really going a lot faster than the rest of the time on the cruise but not sure if that was my imagination or not. Maybe it has to do with saving gas money??? Can anyone else think of why they would change the itinerary? Kinda bummer but I may call the Nassau stop a ship day with this change [emoji17].

The St. Maarten to Nassau is the fastest leg of the cruise and requires an average speed above 20 kts. Since Getaway's max is only 21.5 (in good conditions), it's very difficult for her to maintain that schedule. Sheehan's idea of moving the arrival time ahead by several hours was never particularly feasible, so a change was inevitable. Less to do with fuel savings than the limits of the ship herself. To put things into perspective, the Breakaway Class have far less propulsion power than the significantly smaller Jewel Class.

The St. Maarten to Nassau is the fastest leg of the cruise and requires an average speed above 20 kts. Since Getaway's max is only 21.5 (in good conditions), it's very difficult for her to maintain that schedule. Sheehan's idea of moving the arrival time ahead by several hours was never particularly feasible, so a change was inevitable. Less to do with fuel savings than the limits of the ship herself. To put things into perspective, the Breakaway Class have far less propulsion power than the significantly smaller Jewel Class.

Oh, okay. I guess that makes sense. Thanks for the info!

I also received an email stating that the itinerary change applies to all sailings between April 25 and Oct 24 this year.

We don't personally mind the difference, having been to Nassau several times before and not having anything special planned for this trip. We'll still get off the ship - I get way too antsy to stay on the ship when it's in port, even on mega ships - but we'll probably just have lunch, do some shopping, and maybe swing by some of the historical sites that we've never bothered with before. However, I feel bad for people who had Atlantis booked, since the tickets are expensive and you're losing out on time there. Same issue applies for day passes at the resorts - less time there decreases the value. I wonder whether more people will decide to stay on the ship or cancel the Atlantis excursion if they've already booked it.