Rum Tours - Can you do both in one day? (drake2014)

Cruzin 1025

I love visiting distilleries, wineries, and even the occasional brewery when we're on vacation, and see that both Cruzan and Captain Morgan have distilleries in St. Croix. I've read many places that the Cruzan one is the better of the two, but if we wanted to visit both, is that possible? Would we just arrange with a cab driver to take us to both? Our ship is in port 7a to 4p on a Wednesday.

Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

I love visiting distilleries, wineries, and even the occasional brewery when we're on vacation, and see that both Cruzan and Captain Morgan have distilleries in St. Croix. I've read many places that the Cruzan one is the better of the two, but if we wanted to visit both, is that possible? Would we just arrange with a cab driver to take us to both? Our ship is in port 7a to 4p on a Wednesday.

Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

It is certainly possible but I strongly urge you to skip Captain Morgan, it is basically an extended commercial and as a local it embarrasses me.

If you have your heart set on hitting both though I would recommend you make arrangements with a taxi driver at the pier and tell them what you are planning, they should be able to accommodate you providing they can get enough people. If that doesn't pan out you can always have somebody at either distillery call a taxi for you, or just post an SOS here and I'll come by lol.

Edited by drake2014

It is certainly possible but I strongly urge you to skip Captain Morgan, it is basically an extended commercial and as a local it embarrasses me.

If you have your heart set on hitting both though I would recommend you make arrangements with a taxi driver at the pier and tell them what you are planning, they should be able to accommodate you providing they can get enough people. If that doesn't pan out you can always have somebody at either distillery call a taxi for you, or just post an SOS here and I'll come by lol.

Thanks Drake! I think we're leaning towards just Cruzan and then heading to Sandcastle on the Beach to relax the rest of the day. Was recommended by friends who were there earlier this year. Your thoughts on that one?

Thanks Drake! I think we're leaning towards just Cruzan and then heading to Sandcastle on the Beach to relax the rest of the day. Was recommended by friends who were there earlier this year. Your thoughts on that one?

I love Sandcastle, I highly recommend it.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, does nobody know ?

The Cruise Tour of both will be 170 $ for the two of us.

If we do it on our own, there ist 10 $ charge for Captain Morgan and 5 $ for Cruzan.

I think if we make it on our own there will be no taxi cost of 140 $ ???

Can anybody jump in and tell me ?

Nadine

• 2 weeks later...

The ship is ripping you off badly at that price, it's insane.

Cruzan Rum Tour is $10 per adult

Captain Morgan Tour is $10 per adult

Taxi Fair for 2 people should be about ~$50

You may find a cheaper taxi on the day.

Hey Drake, thank you for your input.

Would it be 50 for a round trip and will the driver wait or do we have to do it trip by trip and call a new taxi every time ?

Nadine

I calculated it based on each leg of the journey. I would budget $75 for the round trip but I'm sure you can make a better deal with a driver on the day if you tell them your plans.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Thank you, that sounds good.

Does anybody know the opening hours of both and if I need a reservation for the tour ?

I tried to mail them but got no answer.

Nadine

I posted the hours below. No reservation needed but if you have a big group you can call 340-692-2280 to let them know.