Snorkeling Beach by the ship..details, conditions, rentals?

OC PAT

• 2 weeks later...
Any updates how the snorkeling is by the pier. Is there still someone to rent chairs, umbrellas and snorkeling equipment? We will be going in March. Thank you!

Chairs and Umbrellas yes, all over the beaches, Snorkeling equipment I'm not sure where you would rent locally, but I imagine the dive shops could help you out.

Snorkeling along the pier area and beaches is quite lovely, although it is a bit rough getting in these days, bring water shoes.

Thanks Drake. I had heard the Dive shop had taken a hit and wasn't sure it was still there. I know in the past they rented snorkeling equipment. When you say rough do you mean the rocky, shelly bottom or tough current? Is the entry point to the right or left of the pier? You wouldn't happen to know the cost of the loungers and umbrellas? Really appreciate your time!

Thanks Drake. I had heard the Dive shop had taken a hit and wasn't sure it was still there. I know in the past they rented snorkeling equipment. When you say rough do you mean the rocky, shelly bottom or tough current? Is the entry point to the right or left of the pier? You wouldn't happen to know the cost of the loungers and umbrellas? Really appreciate your time!

Cane Bay, N2theBlue, Adventures in Diving, and Scuba, are all open along the waterfront.

Rocky at the entrances, the current isn't too bad once you're in, you can't get close to the pier when a ship is in port so I would enter to the right (facing away from the ship).

Sorry, I don't know the costs.

We were in St Croix 1-14. We had planned to go to Sandcastles but the cab stand lady sold my wife on a Rainbow Beach having more sand. When we got to Rainbow it was very crowded and we had to get chairs at the far end. Rainbow does have a lot of sand on the beach. It appears to have been trucked in and it very deep. The water was fine but their is little sand on the bottom which is extremely rocky. Glad we had read this in advance and brought Water shoes. Overall it was ok but I think Sandcastles might have been better choice. There is a Older Carnival ship at the housing FEMA workers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks volk 904. We have enjoyed Sandcastles in the past thanks to Drake's recommendation. I am looking at snorkeling within walking distance from the ship as I have heard the snorkeling is suppose to be really great and we may still catch a cab after snorkeling to there. We too went to other beach and liked Sandcastles as it seemed more intimate and nicer.

Follow up to say that Bar was nice but I was disappointed they had no beach servers and would not sell us food to take to our chairs. Beach chairs were $10 ea and umbrella was $10. Overall the people were nice but there is still a lot of utilities work being done by fema.

• 3 weeks later...
Follow up to say that Bar was nice but I was disappointed they had no beach servers and would not sell us food to take to our chairs. Beach chairs were $10 ea and umbrella was $10. Overall the people were nice but there is still a lot of utilities work being done by fema.

So you are not allowed to eat at your chairs on the beach?

Can you give any pricing on food and drinks?

I've thought long and hard about answering this thread but I think it's time.

The reason that the bar will not sell you food if you say you are taking it back to your lounge chairs is quite simple, it's a matter of trash.

While we love the guests that visit our island it is a simple fact that the majority do not pick up after themselves, especially on the beach. Rhythms has noticed this and decided to avoid selling food to people on the beach to minimize the waste left behind.

If more people picked up the beach they might resume selling food to go out there.

So you are not allowed to eat at your chairs on the beach?

Can you give any pricing on food and drinks?

See my response above about food on the beach.

It's a beach bar, you'll pay $10-25 for a meal depending on what you want. Beer is $3-5, drinks are $5-10.