Couldn't help myself.....Bar Hop!!

mrsfuzzmo

Nildib, can you tell us how you liked the "other" Bar Hop? I have booked the private Jeep Tour, so am interested.

Thanks.

SO SORRY... didn't post because waiting for "cozumelcruiseexcursions.net" reply... See my letter below to them and it will answer my personal experience with them... I have sent another letter today, being they still haven't responded... Now there was another family, who also posted here, I think it was BigAl, lovely family, who I met at the meet and greet! These were 2 couples that was also with us who DID do the excursion and I got their feedback afterwards on the ship who seemed to be QUITE PLEASED, but they weren't too interested in the part of snorkeling, so like they say "different strokes for different folks"...

After that we took just a random Taxi and asked them about a nice beach and that I could snorkel, he recommended PARADISE, $16 one way Taxi fare and only $3 entry fee, they would want you to order drinks or food (at $10 ea pp) and all facilities included, it was WONDERFUL! The only thing, it did get a little crowded but I'll post pics at the Cozumel Port ...

To whom it may concern (Manager):

RE: E-Receipt #2088

I was really disappointed when Gizmo went over the Bar Hop excursion and changed things that we did NOT sign up for from your original itinerary! When speaking to JC over the phone, I asked him to contact you, being we didn't have internet and we couldn't cancel within 24 hours being we didn't expect you'd change your itinerary at last minute, which caused us a great inconvenience: now thinking about what to do, if not taking the excursion or familiar with the area and already waited (ship docked 8AM) until 10AM for you, we had no other plans...

First, your papers said Carla would be our guide and Gizmo shows up, we weren't going to make an issue over that but then there was NO transport at Hooters, which is #1 on your Bar Hop itinerary

• 1. TRANSPORTATION FROM PIER/FERRY & RESORT!

Gizmo had us walk all the way to Mega Super (my husband has a hard time breathing and walking exerts him, we already walked quite a bit from the ship). He had us go up in escalator inside the market, if anybody wanted to use bathrooms. I don't understand why he didn't ask OUTSIDE and those who needed to go, just then go up but then we had to all had to walk again all the way back down outside... We also overlooked this but once the group was together, he began to explain the itinerary and this was just something we couldn't overlook! It was unsettling, as he began to describe things DIFFERENT that we did not book for...

For example, your website said:

• 2. COOLER OF BEER! (Not just the free shot at each bar, but a cooler of beer in the bus!)

• Gizmo, began to say that we have to PAY drinks (I understand that) but your website states free shots at EACH bar... He then said, that he could take us a few places that KNOWS him and that's why they'll give us free shots but not ALL the places, we would have to PAY for them. Again, we were also going to let this go by too being we're NOT into drinking BUT your website states, that The Beach Club below is your first stop:

" Private Beach ClubYour first hop on our Cozumel bar hop tour is to a gorgeous Private Beach Club in Cozumel! It includes beach chairs, snorkel gear, pool, use of all the facilities (Snorkeling must be done before drinking)."

Gizmo, said there won't be snorkeling done because the first place would be a TOUR of TEQUILA Factory, which isn't even on a beach! I wasn't interested in wasting time on that... I was interested in snorkeling and visiting the beaches that were on your schedule. One of the other stops mentioned was:

" Coconuts Bar & Grill on the Hill Punta Sur Park is the #1 Natural Reserve in Cozumel. Punta Sur offers so many outstanding sites and attractions to enjoy. We take you to a secluded beach at the end of Punta Sur Park which has the nicest beach & Beach Club in Cozumel. you'll get to enjoy a pristine Beach Restaurant/Bar with gorgeous pool, white sand beach, beach bar with swings, hammocks, lounge chairs for pool & beach, massage hut, and this time of year you'll be able to see the baby sea turtles hatching.

so when I mentioned "Coconuts" Gizmo said he wasn't going there but that he could do that for us! He made us feel he was trying to accommodate us when in reality, we just wanted for him to do the excursion, that was described in your website and not make US feel, we were the ones, "changing" it,..

As you can see, this went on and on, my husband was already really upset with everything that was being "changed" without a proper notice from you, we felt this was misleading. We were already feeling entrapped and felt, what else will be changed or happen, if we go with Gizmo? We decided it was not to our best interest to pay for an excursion, that at this point, we didn't know what to expect but we knew we didn't want to waste any time on a Tequila Factory Tour. If that's part of the Bar Hop Excursion, it should be updated on your website, so we know exactly what to expect, wouldn't YOU feel entrapped and obligated to pay, at the last minute for something, you're not interested in because what else can you do? I let my husband decide being he was the most affected and at that point, he felt it was best to cancel...

It's when I spoke to JC over the phone to contact you and to explain all this, and why I didn't contact you earlier... Not having wifi connection or give you a 24 hour notice, when you didn't give us any advance notice of itinerary changes as to give us the opportunity to meet your 24 hour cancellation policy. JC also said it was alright, to contact you when getting back home from our vacation to follow up with you, which is what I'm doing now...

Please confirm, when we'll get back our deposit of $45? We paid through paypal our email address is ....

Thanks,

Edited by nildib
Adding something I forgot...

SO SORRY... didn't post because waiting for "cozumelcruiseexcursions.net" reply... See my letter below to them and it will answer my personal experience with them... I have sent another letter today, being they still haven't responded... Now there was another family, who also posted here, I think it was BigAl, lovely family, who I met at the meet and greet! These were 2 couples that was also with us who DID do the excursion and I got their feedback afterwards on the ship who seemed to be QUITE PLEASED, but they weren't too interested in the part of snorkeling, so like they say "different strokes for different folks"...

After that we took just a random Taxi and asked them about a nice beach and that I could snorkel, he recommended PARADISE, $16 one way Taxi fare and only $3 entry fee, they would want you to order drinks or food (at $10 ea pp) and all facilities included, it was WONDERFUL! The only thing, it did get a little crowded but I'll post pics at the Cozumel Port ...

To whom it may concern (Manager):

RE: E-Receipt #2088

I was really disappointed when Gizmo went over the Bar Hop excursion and changed things that we did NOT sign up for from your original itinerary! When speaking to JC over the phone, I asked him to contact you, being we didn't have internet and we couldn't cancel within 24 hours being we didn't expect you'd change your itinerary at last minute, which caused us a great inconvenience: now thinking about what to do, if not taking the excursion or familiar with the area and already waited (ship docked 8AM) until 10AM for you, we had no other plans...

First, your papers said Carla would be our guide and Gizmo shows up, we weren't going to make an issue over that but then there was NO transport at Hooters, which is #1 on your Bar Hop itinerary

• 1. TRANSPORTATION FROM PIER/FERRY & RESORT!

Gizmo had us walk all the way to Mega Super (my husband has a hard time breathing and walking exerts him, we already walked quite a bit from the ship). He had us go up in escalator inside the market, if anybody wanted to use bathrooms. I don't understand why he didn't ask OUTSIDE and those who needed to go, just then go up but then we had to all had to walk again all the way back down outside... We also overlooked this but once the group was together, he began to explain the itinerary and this was just something we couldn't overlook! It was unsettling, as he began to describe things DIFFERENT that we did not book for...

For example, your website said:

• 2. COOLER OF BEER! (Not just the free shot at each bar, but a cooler of beer in the bus!)

• Gizmo, began to say that we have to PAY drinks (I understand that) but your website states free shots at EACH bar... He then said, that he could take us a few places that KNOWS him and that's why they'll give us free shots but not ALL the places, we would have to PAY for them. Again, we were also going to let this go by too being we're NOT into drinking BUT your website states, that The Beach Club below is your first stop:

" Private Beach ClubYour first hop on our Cozumel bar hop tour is to a gorgeous Private Beach Club in Cozumel! It includes beach chairs, snorkel gear, pool, use of all the facilities (Snorkeling must be done before drinking)."

Gizmo, said there won't be snorkeling done because the first place would be a TOUR of TEQUILA Factory, which isn't even on a beach! I wasn't interested in wasting time on that... I was interested in snorkeling and visiting the beaches that were on your schedule. One of the other stops mentioned was:

" Coconuts Bar & Grill on the Hill Punta Sur Park is the #1 Natural Reserve in Cozumel. Punta Sur offers so many outstanding sites and attractions to enjoy. We take you to a secluded beach at the end of Punta Sur Park which has the nicest beach & Beach Club in Cozumel. you'll get to enjoy a pristine Beach Restaurant/Bar with gorgeous pool, white sand beach, beach bar with swings, hammocks, lounge chairs for pool & beach, massage hut, and this time of year you'll be able to see the baby sea turtles hatching.

so when I mentioned "Coconuts" Gizmo said he wasn't going there but that he could do that for us! He made us feel he was trying to accommodate us when in reality, we just wanted for him to do the excursion, that was described in your website and not make US feel, we were the ones, "changing" it,..

As you can see, this went on and on, my husband was already really upset with everything that was being "changed" without a proper notice from you, we felt this was misleading. We were already feeling entrapped and felt, what else will be changed or happen, if we go with Gizmo? We decided it was not to our best interest to pay for an excursion, that at this point, we didn't know what to expect but we knew we didn't want to waste any time on a Tequila Factory Tour. If that's part of the Bar Hop Excursion, it should be updated on your website, so we know exactly what to expect, wouldn't YOU feel entrapped and obligated to pay, at the last minute for something, you're not interested in because what else can you do? I let my husband decide being he was the most affected and at that point, he felt it was best to cancel...

It's when I spoke to JC over the phone to contact you and to explain all this, and why I didn't contact you earlier... Not having wifi connection or give you a 24 hour notice, when you didn't give us any advance notice of itinerary changes as to give us the opportunity to meet your 24 hour cancellation policy. JC also said it was alright, to contact you when getting back home from our vacation to follow up with you, which is what I'm doing now...

Please confirm, when we'll get back our deposit of $45? We paid through paypal our email address is ....

Thanks,

I am sorry the tour didn’t turn out as expected. I did try to warn you that I didn’t think they went to the first snorkeling place any more and that the website was not up to date. Certainly your trip to Megamart seems unnecessary and a waste of time. Was that where he had actually parked his van?

It sounds like your tour would have been pretty much as described earlier in this thread

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50667396&postcount=60

This was my reply

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50668505&postcount=61

I hope perhaps Big Al will respond and give a review of how the tour actually went.

I am sorry the tour didn’t turn out as expected. I did try to warn you that I didn’t think they went to the first snorkeling place any more and that the website was not up to date. Certainly your trip to Megamart seems unnecessary and a waste of time. Was that where he had actually parked his van?

It sounds like your tour would have been pretty much as described earlier in this thread

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50667396&postcount=60

This was my reply

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50668505&postcount=61

I hope perhaps Big Al will respond and give a review of how the tour actually went.

YES, your response was RIGHT ON POINT. I agree, the itinerary does sound very much like sushi_tampa's comments but glad they enjoyed all the CHANGES and when reading her comment, it reminded me of Gizmo, mentioning too, the "Welcome to Miami" for the best drinks!

To answer your question, he made us go to the Megamart and inside on second floor, he described the itinerary and now that I think about it, maybe stalling for transport because NO, it wasn't at the parking lot at least, he didn't mention it to us... And I'm pretty certain it wasn't there because when we decided not to go, he called JC, letting him know the van could be changed now to a car being less people were going, he then kind of ignored us, until I asked him, that I too needed to speak to JC using his phone... Once I then finished talking to JC, we parted and went down stairs, outside to take a Taxi and I don't know how much longer, they had to wait for their transport to arrive there at the Megamart... But the family that went with him, did mention they also liked very much the fajitas, that they were served for lunch! =)

YES, your response was RIGHT ON POINT. I agree, the itinerary does sound very much like sushi_tampa's comments but glad they enjoyed all the CHANGES and when reading her comment, it reminded me of Gizmo, mentioning too, the "Welcome to Miami" for the best drinks!

To answer your question, he made us go to the Megamart and inside on second floor, he described the itinerary and now that I think about it, maybe stalling for transport because NO, it wasn't at the parking lot at least, he didn't mention it to us... And I'm pretty certain it wasn't there because when we decided not to go, he called JC, letting him know the van could be changed now to a car being less people were going, he then kind of ignored us, until I asked him, that I too needed to speak to JC using his phone... Once I then finished talking to JC, we parted and went down stairs, outside to take a Taxi and I don't know how much longer, they had to wait for their transport to arrive there at the Megamart... But the family that went with him, did mention they also liked very much the fajitas, that they were served for lunch! =)

Well I am glad everyone enjoyed their day in the end and I am sorry you wasted time. Paradise Beach is an excellent facility.

I do hope next time you will consider the original bar hop which is well organized and although you will not be able to snorkel on it (because it is too rough on east side and not enough time) you will hopefully enjoy a nice ride round the island. I will warn you though, since you mention your husband has some mobility problems, the path up to Coconuts is not long but is a little steep. If you can make it there is a good view.

Well I am glad everyone enjoyed their day in the end and I am sorry you wasted time. Paradise Beach is an excellent facility.

I do hope next time you will consider the original bar hop which is well organized and although you will not be able to snorkel on it (because it is too rough on east side and not enough time) you will hopefully enjoy a nice ride round the island. I will warn you though, since you mention your husband has some mobility problems, the path up to Coconuts is not long but is a little steep. If you can make it there is a good view.

GOOD NEWS, EVERYBODY!! Got my deposit refunded from cozumelcruiseexcursions.net TODAY! So that's a good thing, on their part... :D

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, but happy you got your deposit back. We don't want to snorkel (Cozumel water in January is just too cold for these Florida girls), so that wouldn't have been a deal breaker for me. We are doing the private jeep tour where they are supposed to take you where YOU want to go, and I have our stops planned out. I have done the other Bar Hop twice, and just wanted to do something a little different this time. Hopefully we won't be disappointed!

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, but happy you got your deposit back. We don't want to snorkel (Cozumel water in January is just too cold for these Florida girls), so that wouldn't have been a deal breaker for me. We are doing the private jeep tour where they are supposed to take you where YOU want to go, and I have our stops planned out. I have done the other Bar Hop twice, and just wanted to do something a little different this time. Hopefully we won't be disappointed!

We're also from Florida, and I HATE "cold" water! But the water I found it just about chilled to my tolerance level and after you're in it moving around, you don't notice it, until you then get out when the breeze hits you, so actually making it comfortable enough to STAY IN the water but I don't know how much more colder it gets in JANUARY, you may be right about it being colder then... Do you remember which "Bar Hop" did you do? PLEASE SHARE THE JEEP TOUR? How much, how long, where did you stop, what did you do and who did you book it with? I haven't had time to post my Ports of Calls experiences and reviews of the Ship but will get to it as soon as I can... PARADISE Beach, compensated for the Bar Hop dissappointment and that's what matters, to just go forward and ENJOY and we DID, I'm glad my husband canceled, we really enjoyed our time there, spending much less, (had my own snorkeling gear, we kept ordering at different times to share 1 chicken quesadilla, 1 chicken Nachos, 1 chicken tenders, 1 mojito, 1 yard long Margarita, 1 shot, 1 bottle water, taxi fare $16 ea way, $3ea entry fee + $10 tip) TOTAL for 3 people $115...

The Jeep Tour is with the same outfit as you originally booked, Cozumelcruiseexcursions.net. It is $69.00 per person, includes a cooler of beer/water, Admission to the Tequila Tasting (which we want to do), entry into Punta Sur, and lunch. It is just us two women, and we requested a female driver, "Marisol", who will (supposedly) take us wherever we ask.

We have been on the other, cozumelbarhop.com, twice before, and while it was enjoyable, like I said, we wanted to try something different.

• 7 months later...