anyone notice FTTF not selling out on ship?

With more and more PAX becoming Plat/Diamond I could see FTTF slowing down because you spend $90 for what, to be one of the last ones anyways? To us (DW and I) we would never get FTTF the only reason to get it in our opinion would be having our state room ready when we board, but that it not a deal worth $90, we'll wait an extra 1-2 hrs.

With more and more PAX becoming Plat/Diamond I could see FTTF slowing down because you spend $90 for what, to be one of the last ones anyways? To us (DW and I) we would never get FTTF the only reason to get it in our opinion would be having our state room ready when we board, but that it not a deal worth $90, we'll wait an extra 1-2 hrs.

You have been very lucky to not have to stand on the guest services line. I have never been on a cruises that the line has not been at least 15 people long. That is why we buy FTTF. Anything after that is a plus in my book.

This is an interesting thread, Carnival seems to be close to the tipping point on price. FTTF still selling but not selling out on all cruises. We will never know the bean counters analysis of supply and demand, but if the price stays the same for an extended period we will be at that point.

One rule of business I have learned: if you are not getting any complaints about the price of your product then you are probably pricing it too low :)

Time is money and that is what you pay for with FTTF. It is your opinion that it is silly and thousands of others disagree. However, with the recent price increases people are finding that the price now outweighs the benefit. Drop it back down and watch it sell out fast just like before.

Don't feed the trolls. LOL

Early boarding is nice, being able to drop our carry-ons in our room as soon as we board is great, short GS lines is good, priority tender (if you have tenders) good, priority self-disembarking is great. We consider it good value to us, so we purchased it. YMMV...

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Forums mobile app

I think the new 90 day out for being able to do your online documentation and pick your arrival appointment time now has at least a few holding off on the purchase of FttF. And I do think the new pricing structure does have a lot to do with certain cruises having a difference between being sold out and available.

Another factor I noticed is less passengers off of CC seem to know what FttF is. In fact one poster on a social media site about an upcoming cruise we are considering though it was some sort of express airport to dock and return transfer transport.

I decided not to book FTTF but i used to every single cruise. The price increase was the deciding factor. It seems that on my particular cruise im not the only one. I booked this cruise in December to sail in October. Im 90 days out now and its still available.

And it hasnt ever sold out.

Thats not been my experience in the past so just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

It's a ridiculous price to board a couple of minutes earlier.

I had been checking for FTTF for my March 2019 cruise like 20x a day for the Breeze out of Port Canaveral, and I finally snagged it 2 days ago, late afternoon. It was GONE (Sold Out) by the next morning! There is STILL a big demand for it, and some of us feel the fee is well worth it.

My last cruise there were only 40 something diamond and platinum and about 180 fttf. It didn't sell out by any means. It's still popular enough though and I am sure it still sells out most of the time.

Just curious how you know this. [emoji4]

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

The advantage for us is being able to drop our carryon luggage in our cabin as soon as we board. My parents are also going and they have to carry on oxygen and other medical necessities that are heavy-also, by the time we've stood in line to check in and then board, they will be ready for a nap! It's the early access to the cabins that make it worth it for us.

Well, I bought and cancelled ours in less than 48 hours. We had FTTF last year before the price increase (We paid $120 for 2 cabins) and DH and MIL thought it was well worth it, and wanted me to get it again for our next cruise. So, since booking over a month ago, I have been checking and checking for it become available, finally happened, and I bought it immediately.

Well, later, I told DH I bought it and the following conversation took place:

Me: I bought the Faster to the Fun for both cabins.

DH: Oh good, how much was it?

Me: $99.95

DH: For both? Wow that's cheaper than last time!

Me: Each.

DH: (CENSORED)

So, yeah, I canceled. At first we thought "Well, it might still be worth it." and then we thought about it some more and figured that 1. We could just save the money, sleep in a bit on the morning of the cruise, head to the port and have lunch at one of the waterfront restaurants, go check-in closer to 1:30 and the crowds should be less and the cabins will be ready, drop off our stuff and go get some drinks! 2. There are no tender stops, so no value there. 3. While the priority GS line was a nice perk, and we used it a few times, we could always just wait and go at off times when it's not busy if we need it. 4. We drive to the port, so need the for express debark, we take our time and get one last breakfast and wait until after the mad rush is over to debark. So, yeah, probably won't be buying it anymore.

FTTF has been available for my upcoming January cruise for about three months now and hasn't sold out yet. Every other cruise I've been on, it's sold out within a few days of becoming available.

Booked our 4-day cruise on Victory with 21 days to go until sailing and I was shocked to find that FTTF was available. It's only $59.95 but since we booked a suite, the only thing FTTF gains us is early access to our stateroom. No tender ports on this cruise so I think we'll pass.

Time is money and that is what you pay for with FTTF. It is your opinion that it is silly and thousands of others disagree. However, with the recent price increases people are finding that the price now outweighs the benefit. Drop it back down and watch it sell out fast just like before.

Yes and there are thousands that think it's silly and don't waste their money on it too.carnival will offer it .it doesn't cost them anything and if people buy it it increases their revenues.