Carnival Pride (or any Spirit class ship) extended balcony 8k ?

So we are sailing on the Carnival Pride, and the travel agent talked us into an "extended balcony" for only $25 more per cabin. It's not much, so we decided to go for it. My question is, how much bigger is the extended balcony on a spirit class ship, particularly the Pride. Is it worth it for the extra $25?

I'm just a little bit worried because we are sailing with an elderly member and this cabin is farther from the elevators than our previous cabin.

We were in 6226 with an extended balcony on the Miracle last month, and it was pretty roomy. You get 20 sq ft more than a standard balcony and it gives you more leg room to stretch out and move around on it. So, for $25 bucks, it's a pretty good deal.

The Spirit class are loooong ships, it does take a bit of walking to go from one end to the other. My MIL has some issues with walking long distances and luckily our cabins weren't far from the aft elevators and one good thing about these ships is a lot of seating areas along decks 2 and 3, so we'd go down to one of those decks to head to the show lounges and such at the front of the ship and she could stop and sit for a minute when she needed to.

So we are sailing on the Carnival Pride, and the travel agent talked us into an "extended balcony" for only $25 more per cabin. It's not much, so we decided to go for it. My question is, how much bigger is the extended balcony on a spirit class ship, particularly the Pride. Is it worth it for the extra $25?

I'm just a little bit worried because we are sailing with an elderly member and this cabin is farther from the elevators than our previous cabin.

Absolutely worth it.

We will be on the Pride for the 6th time in a few months. The first 4 Carnival Pride cruises we had the standard balcony AFT. The last Pride we chose an extended balcony on the upper deck (5) AFT, I loved it. This time around we have a standard balcony, but I'll probably choose the extended balcony again for a Bermuda cruise in 2019. We like AFT because we find it's very easy to get an elevator and it's quiet back there. DH liked the extended, but he's just as happy with a standard balcony.

We will be on our 9th Pride cruise this October. The Spirit class of ships have a great layout, easy to move in all directions, hopefully it is okay for your elderly members.

All 8 of our previous cruises were in a stateroom with a std balcony, we got accepted that upgrade offer and look forward to the extra room and the lounge chair. We think it is worth the cost.

Enjoy your cruise!

• 1 month later...
So the extended balcony gas lounge chairs?! I just took an upsell for an extended from an obstructed view. 30$ leaving August 19. We are in cabin 5118 now.

Not full loungers, but they will have chairs w/foot stools. The back of the chairs can lean so the effect is similar (but easier to get off of if you have any knee issues :rolleyes:

• 6 months later...

I just upgraded from a 5th floor obstructed view balcony to a 7th floor extended balcony for $28.  I think this is the first time I ever took an upgrade offer.  I couldn't really beat the $28.  First time balcony for wife and kids.