Couldn't help myself.....Bar Hop!!

mrsfuzzmo

Well, we've just booked a last minute cruise that includes Cozumel. Each and every time we've been there, we've done something different. We are going on our 11th or 12th visit.

I pride myself on finding new and adventurous things and never doing something twice in a port, but this time, I see there will be almost 20,000 pax in port and we will be with another couple who have only been to Coz. 1 time.

We booked the Cozumel Bar Hop again (our second time), as the last time we did it, my husband said, "I would recommend this tour to anyone, even people who don't drink". I knew he'd be happy and our friends will get to see the "prettier" side of the island. We all love remote beach bar type places so this will fit the bill.

Best yet, we are sailing in on NCL and should dock at Punta Langosta so we can just walk to the meeting place and then hang out in town when we get back!

Sounds like a pretty great day to me!! Glad to be secured on a trip that will get us away from the crowds!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have researched bar hop tours yet but I'm starting to think about it. I'm sure there are a variety of different options. Is this tour through the cruise line or private? We much prefer local tours and think the bar hop sounds fun. If you are willing to share the specific tour I would be intetest. Thanks

Well, we've just booked a last minute cruise that includes Cozumel. Each and every time we've been there, we've done something different. We are going on our 11th or 12th visit.

I pride myself on finding new and adventurous things and never doing something twice in a port, but this time, I see there will be almost 20,000 pax in port and we will be with another couple who have only been to Coz. 1 time.

We booked the Cozumel Bar Hop again (our second time), as the last time we did it, my husband said, "I would recommend this tour to anyone, even people who don't drink". I knew he'd be happy and our friends will get to see the "prettier" side of the island. We all love remote beach bar type places so this will fit the bill.

Best yet, we are sailing in on NCL and should dock at Punta Langosta so we can just walk to the meeting place and then hang out in town when we get back!

Sounds like a pretty great day to me!! Glad to be secured on a trip that will get us away from the crowds!!

I am sure you will have a good time - we enjoy the tour too!

If you have time can you report back on the sea weed situation at the beaches you visit, especially Punta Morena and Playa Bonita. We were at Rasta's in December and it was very smelly - OK if you stayed in the bar but I like to sit at one of the tables by the ocean. Sad, we didn't stay too long and just did a drive-by along the rest of the coast.

I have researched bar hop tours yet but I'm starting to think about it. I'm sure there are a variety of different options. Is this tour through the cruise line or private? We much prefer local tours and think the bar hop sounds fun. If you are willing to share the specific tour I would be intetest. Thanks

http://cozumelbarhop.com/

Just did the bar hop for our 2nd time a few weeks ago...was a rainy overcast day and still had the best time ever! Always recommend this tour to people, you wont regret it!

As for out of pocket costs, just really depends on how much you drink/eat.. Beverage/food prices are pretty reasonable... My husband and I each had one drink (in addition to the free shot) at each stop and ate at one stop and we probably spent about $60 total...

We are doing this on our next cruise and I was wondering how much money to take, thanks Kristi for your response. Any others details we need to know beforehand?

I did read where they accept book bags and school supplies for the school children of Cozumel, so I plan on taking some of these.

Judy

Edited by stunned

I am so happy to see return hoppers. We booked the Bar Hop a few months back for our April cruise on the Getaway. It sounds like fun and it looks like a great way to see parts of Cozumel we have not seen.

We are doing this on our next cruise and I was wondering how much money to take, thanks Kristi for your response. Any others details we need to know beforehand?

I did read where they accept book bags and school supplies for the school children of Cozumel, so I plan on taking some of these.

Judy

Make sure you walk around and really take in the beauty of the east side at each stop! The first stop, Playa Morena, you can swim if you want, no one either time we went did, but both times I made sure to take my shoes off and walk out a little into the water! If you like sweet frozen drinks, try the Dirty Monkey here!

The next stop is Coconuts - good food, but they are usually busy, so might consider waiting to eat... Beware of the "Family Photo Albums"! LOL you will get it when you see them.. :p Make sure to go up to the cliff area and get some really great pics...there will be a guy making grasshoppers out of palm leaves (or some kind of leaf) for the ladies at the entrance, make sure you get one! This stop has a crocodile, turtles, chickens, 3 birds, a couple cats and 2 dogs hanging around...all with names like Tequila and Margarita and stuff...and the dogs are super friendly.

The third stop is where we ate this last time - Bonitas... very very good food - I had the fish tacos and I think my husband had the chicken nachos..this is probably not the prettiest picture taking stop but its still great - check out the bathrooms and make sure you get your pic taken with the big Mayan statue guy! This is also the stop that you can get a HUGE margarita if you want...it is big enough for 4 people to share...this last time we have a group that drank two of them in the short time we were there!

Rasta's is last...this is my favorite stop to grab one of the loungers out by the water and just watch the waves crash over the rocks! They have really good coconut shrimp here (had it the first time), but its kinda pricey imo... More beautiful scenery and make sure to check out the small "church" thing there.

All the stops will have people with booths and stuff they are trying to sell you, but they are not overbearing about it and they are located at the entrances, so once past them they are not bothering you. One stop, I think Bonitas, has a gal actually making blankets right there..

Just enjoy the experience... I am not a big drinker and wouldn't feel the need to drink at all to enjoy this excursion, but if you end up with a big group, by the drive home you will be enjoying watching the goings on inside the bus as much as the scenery going by! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

TSUMom when are you going in April? I know the Getaway is there the same day we are, maybe we are hopping together!

We are in Cozumel April 8th. We are four of us, and there are four more friends who are staying in Playa who will ferry over and do the hop with us as well. Looking forward to a fun day!!

For those asking about spending money, we too spent about $60 or so, having minimum of two drinks (one for each) at every stop, included the large HUGE margo that was mentioned and food at two stops. We had plenty to eat and drink, that's for sure.

TSUMom when are you going in April? I know the Getaway is there the same day we are, maybe we are hopping together!

We are in Cozumel April 8th. We are four of us, and there are four more friends who are staying in Playa who will ferry over and do the hop with us as well. Looking forward to a fun day!!

For those asking about spending money, we too spent about $60 or so, having minimum of two drinks (one for each) at every stop, included the large HUGE margo that was mentioned and food at two stops. We had plenty to eat and drink, that's for sure.

We will not be there until the 22nd. Please come back to this thread and fill me in..

About how much time do they spend at each bar? The bar hop we are looking at goes to Margarittaville, Senor Frogs and somewhere else. My hubby wants to drink but I want to relax on the beach so we were thing to decide if this is a good option for us.

We picked the Cozumel Bar Hop for many reasons. First to see the other side of the island and second to try bars other than M.ville and Sr Frogs. Not knocking those two bars because we love them but we just wanted to try something different and less commercial. If you check out the Cozumel Bar Hop web site they have a video of the bars...that way you can see if it is what you are both looking for.

About how much time do they spend at each bar? The bar hop we are looking at goes to Margarittaville, Senor Frogs and somewhere else. My hubby wants to drink but I want to relax on the beach so we were thing to decide if this is a good option for us.

You will not have beach at M'ville and Sr. Frogs. Not sure what the third is. The bar hop we've booked is the Cozumel Bar Hop Bus. We've done it before and loved it. It does go to the east/wild side of the island where the beaches are beautiful, but not necessarily swimmable. It's windier and rougher with strong currents so swimming is not advised at most stops, although I think the first stop has a protected area. First stop has a pool as well as hammocks, loungers, a swing bar, etc.

Three of the stops are on beaches and the fourth is up on a rocky cliff (not terribly high, but cool views). Each stop is about 50min-60 min, depending on how quickly your group can get loaded and unloaded. We were gone for 5 hrs and made an additional photo op stop on our last tour because we were so good at being ready to go when the whistle blew! It's really a fun tour. Lovely side of the island, great drinks, fresh food, awesome company, superb tour guides!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone tried the bar hop tour from this website?

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.net/cozumel-bar-hop-tour.html

I have not. Loved the original and doing it again. Sounds like a similar tour, only shorter, with a beach club, and beverages in the vehicle.

If you do it, please come back and report! I will post and report on ours as well in a couple of weeks!!

We have 4 friends who will now be ferrying over to meet the four of us off the ship! We will have a total of 8 on the hop so that is going to be a blast!!

We will be traveling the Carnival Paradise to Cozumel on April 22nd and are considering doing the bar hop. My question is will we still have time to shop around Cozumel either before or after the hop? We have never been and want to experience the port area. Also, I have read the pick up area for the hop is Sr. Frogs. How far is that from our ship? Will we have to taxi?

We will be traveling the Carnival Paradise to Cozumel on April 22nd and are considering doing the bar hop. My question is will we still have time to shop around Cozumel either before or after the hop? We have never been and want to experience the port area. Also, I have read the pick up area for the hop is Sr. Frogs. How far is that from our ship? Will we have to taxi?

Timing depends on what ships are in port on a given day. You would need to email and check schedule but I would think there would be time to shop either before or after unless you have a very short port stop.

How far to meeting point also depends on which ship you are on and which pier you will be at. Sn frogs is in town, walking distance from Punta Langosta. A taxi will be required from International (mostly Royal and Celebrity) or Puerta Maya (Carnival And associated lines).

You are dropped off at your appropriate pier on return or if you are at one of southern piers, you could ride into town to shop and taxi back if you have time. There is also shopping available at all the pirts

http://www.puertamaya.com/port-schedule.aspx

This shows you in Cozumel on April 23rd?

• 5 weeks later...