Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

Louisiana
54 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Hello Gambee,

I really enjoyed your review!! we are going on Allure in May and cannot wait! You mentioned a Rum that you liked in one of the posts but now I can't find it, I want to look for it when we are there!! Please let me know what Rum that was.

Thanks,
kim
Bridlington, East Yorkshire. England
50 Posts
Joined May 2011
What a fantastic review. We were on the same cruise as you - this was our first week of our b2b. This was only our 2nd cruise we were on Oasis two years ago. Your review brought back fantastic memories both for us and our best friends who we were cruising with who are also reading your review as well. Your pictures are also brilliant. I came across your review whilst looking for a review of Jewel of the seas which we are thinking of doing next year to the southern carribbean for 7 days.

For us (from England) it is not the cost of the cruise but the airfare is more than the cost of the cruise itself. We are looking to extend if possible for a couple of days in San Juan. So still looking at all options.

Thanks once again and look forward to your future reviews.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glitter-text-maker/show.swf?message=Carole&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glitter-text-maker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glitter-text-maker/glitters/glitter22.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glitter-text-maker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter%20Graphics%20Generator& flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=1&shadow=1&glow= 1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=671088 6&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fonts ize=66&num=22" quality="best" wmode="transparent" bgcolor="#ffffff" name="glitters" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" align="middle" height="111" width="233">
<small>

Glitter Graphics Generator</small></center>




Sailed on

Oasis of the Seas ~ 9th October, 2010
Allure of the Seas ~ 4th November, 2012
Allure of the Seas ~ 11th November, 2012
Jewel of the Seas ~ 18th October, 2014
Anthem of the Seas~ 3rd May, 2015
lethbridge alberta canada
308 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
GAMBEE enjoy the Silhouette it's a beautiful ship. We went on her Jan 13/2013. I will be watching the web cam today.....Safe travels. Can't wait to read your review of the silhouette.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Vista Jan 13/2018 Southern
Carnival Vista Jan 5/2018 Western
Royal Carribean-Oasis 7/02/2015 Eastern
Princess- Royal Princess 16/02/2014 Eastern
Royal Carribean- Allure 09/02/2014 Western
Celebrity- Silhouette 1-13/2013 Western Carribean
Carnival -Breeze 1-5-2013 Southern Carribean
Ncl- Dawn 2-25-2011 Southern Carribean
Carnival -Freedom 1-30-2010 Eastern Carribean
Carnival -Victory Nov 2004 Eastern Carribean
Ncl -Dawn Jan 2003 Western Carribean
Cupertino, CA.
709 Posts
Joined May 2001
Gambee, this is the 3rd time I've read your review recently so it's way past time to thank you for writing it and posting all your great photographs. Thanks so much!

I'll be on Allure in May and it's the first time I will have sailed on Royal Caribbean as we usually only cruise on Celebrity.

I agree that Silhouette is quite different from Allure, but I think you will have a fabulous cruise on her!

Cheers.
Central New Jersey
21,557 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
Gambee, will you post a link to your Silhouette review here?

Patty
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Serenade of the Seas (16 Night TA) 4/26/19
Symphony of the Seas (7 Night Eastern) 11/26/18
Harmony of the Seas (7 Night Western) 11/11/17
Freedom of the Seas (6 Night Western) 11/5/17
Anthem of the Seas (12 Night Southern) 11/27/16
Oasis (7 Night Eastern) 10/31/15
Oasis (7 Night Western) 10/24/15
Quantum (12 Night Southern) 4/12/15
Brilliance (5 Night Western) 11/17/14
Enchantment (4 Night Bahamas) 12/2/13
Liberty (5 Night Western) 11/18/13
Allure (7 Night Eastern) 12/9/12
Allure (7 Night Western) 12/2/12
Silhouette (12 Night Eastern) 11/18/11
Explorer (9 Night Bermuda/Bahamas) 5/13/10
Explorer (12 Night Southern) 3/15/09
Explorer (12 Night Southern) 11/11/07
Mariner (7 Night Western) 12/3/06
Explorer (9 Night Eastern) 6/16/06
Radiance (7 Night Eastern)12/4/05
Brilliance (11 Night Circle the Caribbean) 12/2/02
Explorer (7 Night Eastern) 12/1/01[/b]



+ PLUS

Wrightsville, Pa.
8,722 Posts
Joined May 2011
Originally posted by beachbuddy
Gambee, will you post a link to your Silhouette review here?

Patty
I am not Gambee, but here is the link. It is already several pages long.


Omg! Omg! Omg! Ahhhhhhh, waiting to board! =) - Cruise Critic Message Board Forums


Gwen
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Plus Member of the Crown and Anchor Society





Ottawa, ON, Canada
993 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by cruzinlady1947
I am not Gambee, but here is the link. It is already several pages long.


Omg! Omg! Omg! Ahhhhhhh, waiting to board! =) - Cruise Critic Message Board Forums


Gwen
Thanks for letting us know! I'm heading over to read it now.
Heather
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Disney Wonder Aug. 20-24, 2006 Carnival Valor Dec. 30, 2007-Jan. 6, 2008 Carnival Glory Aug. 16-23, 2008 Carnival Glory Aug. 8-15, 2009 Carnival Liberty Aug. 7-14, 2010 Carnival Freedom Aug. 7-13, 2011 Carnival Breeze July 14-20, 2013 Norwegian Sky July 22-26, 2013 Norwegian Pearl Jan. 5-12, 2014 Carnival Freedom July 13-21, 2014 Norwegian Getaway July 18-25, 2015 MSC Divina March 18-25, 2017 Norwegian Escape Oct. 7-14, 2017 Carnival Horizon Oct. 6-14, 2018 Norwegian Getaway Oct. 14-21, 2018

Central New Jersey
21,557 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
Originally posted by cruzinlady1947
I am not Gambee, but here is the link. It is already several pages long.


Omg! Omg! Omg! Ahhhhhhh, waiting to board! =) - Cruise Critic Message Board Forums


Gwen
Thank you............I must have missed his post.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Serenade of the Seas (16 Night TA) 4/26/19
Symphony of the Seas (7 Night Eastern) 11/26/18
Harmony of the Seas (7 Night Western) 11/11/17
Freedom of the Seas (6 Night Western) 11/5/17
Anthem of the Seas (12 Night Southern) 11/27/16
Oasis (7 Night Eastern) 10/31/15
Oasis (7 Night Western) 10/24/15
Quantum (12 Night Southern) 4/12/15
Brilliance (5 Night Western) 11/17/14
Enchantment (4 Night Bahamas) 12/2/13
Liberty (5 Night Western) 11/18/13
Allure (7 Night Eastern) 12/9/12
Allure (7 Night Western) 12/2/12
Silhouette (12 Night Eastern) 11/18/11
Explorer (9 Night Bermuda/Bahamas) 5/13/10
Explorer (12 Night Southern) 3/15/09
Explorer (12 Night Southern) 11/11/07
Mariner (7 Night Western) 12/3/06
Explorer (9 Night Eastern) 6/16/06
Radiance (7 Night Eastern)12/4/05
Brilliance (11 Night Circle the Caribbean) 12/2/02
Explorer (7 Night Eastern) 12/1/01[/b]



+ PLUS

Northern Illinois
529 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Originally posted by gambee






Another Q that I hope you have an A for...though it should be more concrete than my camera question.

Do you by chance have another photo of the menu pictured above which shows the Red wines? They were cut off in this photo.

Thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
--Bob--



PAST TRAVELS
Disney Dream - March 24, 2017 (Bahamas)
Oasis of the Seas - June 11, 2016 (W. Caribbean)
Liberty of the Seas - April 21, 2014 (W. Caribbean)
Allure of the Seas - August 18, 2013 (E. Caribbean) - *Partial Photo Review*(Under Indefinite Construction)
Emerald Princess - August 22, 2010 (E. Caribbean)
Indiana
77 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by gambee

Thank You Very Much!



I learned a lot with this trip and this review, mostly about photography and communication. But what I learned the most is how much I enjoy doing this, it is a lot of work. I really can't imagine how many hours I put into it, but my wild guess is over 100 hrs in the review itself and a lot more in the ship photographing it. But all that time did not go in vain, I enjoyed every second of it. And more than that, I enjoyed sharing it with all of you.

I want to thank all my posters, without you all this review would not had been possible. One needs all those encouraging words to keep going strong until the end. Some of you had some very touching comments and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart.


Many thanks to all of you; (This list is thanks to mom)


beachbuddy, dmwnc1959, Beth C, Newwbeee, nursewurmy, *lovestx, BearBear69, Eng23, Bugsy4271, , LuckiStac13*Majesty*, vickie bernie, MaryAnn&Don, Sunny AZ Girl, raerom, RoamingRetirees, mitsugirly, reallyhooked, BillOh, DMickey28, Lorey 2007, *Just The 3 Of Us, dablondee525, mycruise2000, sailingoawaysoon ,funfamilyof6, kenlorz, suzyluvs2cruise,* Familygoboston, gvlgoflady, beachlovergirl, Chicky2181, swwake, northwoods2, odettemcf, S.A.M.J.R., MrFunInTheSun, smeck, Lioness, GSuitesailing, canadiancruiser13, leenerth, CruisingAg, meapaya, zimmCouple, Pooh8941, balcony4u,Mapleleaf,5, eiou, letscruisingasap, knots4cruising ,sleeplees, BettyPc, sunrise4, ririeck, Ocean 4, ewpsrp, jsinflsunshine, 3some, jonath, rubrrick, BecciBoo, Huddler, CitygirlSF, SenatorsFan, Iluvcruising2, LABCHICK, mp466, Darkwolfe, ATLfuzzy, dms42, micmacmissy, xeriod, dgittino, tiffanieb, VirtualRain, mdhill, BlondieB, BonTexasNY, Gambees BF, coolcat12, mac3835, cheshire cat, beaniebaby, nvcruising, Borocay Soul, Mickeefan, cruisingmama23, Brittasbay, rotting hell, CulinaryEscape, kevingsgirl88, avazah, Mark Debs, gambees_mom, lindasilk, Host Elizanessie, ksg, rvdnsx, Azs Cruising Nana, WannaCruise365, CUSECRUZER, Idytwk, Janntom, seeshore, d4nigirl, Isa65, RCruisingfamily, AkitaJoy,cosmar, kellance13879, Bandit236, jpolm, tiffygirl, jill1349, LouLou921, Jayfo, Dolby1000, bschoon60, clarea, NeuroQueen, Numccoy, macfin, wah20, dreamer976, volunteer cruiser, topanga49er, slh182,*** lemonade-sails, beachnative, coolnrj, MrUg, D300, Woe is me, Alseau, KirkNC, kingsnake57,TLC535, reeree313, workingmom200112, Cupcrazy, TNcruiser829, Sinppu, couple_cruisers, mszmek, mechcc, Hypo,***** wave rider, WhiteSoxFan, bdpatrick, venicia, OttoCal, CP3o, cruisinskier,**************** *********PhilNDobbieAt Sea, *melodyesch, roby2003, Jenjer, Bali505, Dancnlizard, modes, lisa414ny, shorbr, pzerba, Jan_In_Maine, attitudeda, poffles, PIGSKIN, chadbeck, juniosmom, sumo, jd_1976, floatel_lvr, simmy45, debitoo ,want2go2, cb8, jebl, clochette, marciab, Vibe,cruisinmamma, lawyergirl22, luckymike,, Nolsie, KDRCruisers, thtalks,Jacru,vipcruiser, Seapoint, north east girl, Rose-a-rita, jewel825, OncomingStorm, kac31, scottydog123, FMZ, jimbri, mechcc,* Dett,* tvry, leenerth



I also want thank all my non-posting followers, that 100,000 view mark would not had been possible to break without all of you, thank you.

And last but not least, I want to thank the moderators of this forum. Not only for giving me the 5 star rating, but also for the support they provided me during the writing the this review. We had a little bumps along the road , lol, but they were always there to help. Make sure you follow the forum guidelines . Thank you so much moderators, you were all very kind and understanding.


There will more reviews to come, we are in the process of deciding our next vacation, it will most likely be booked by the first week of december. I will bring this thread back to life, once I start writing my next review to inform my RCCL followers about it. I want to thank Beth C for that great idea , thank you.


I will continue answer questions, so feel free to ask away.


I hope everyone had as much fun as I did with this review.

Thank you for making this possible


The End.

Thank you for the time and effort you have put towards this wonderful review.
Miami, FL
118 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
WOW, this has been the best review overall. I can't thank you enough, now I am totally prepared for my first time on the Allure come this Sept to celebrate my 35th bday, especially in Mexico!!!!! (shots shots shots)..heheheh.... love love love the photos!!!!!!!!

thanks again Gambee
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


Previous Cruises:
Ecstacy - Carnival 11/13/15 (Bahamas)
Getaway - NCL 9/19/15 (Eastern Caribbean) ~ 3rd Annual bday cruise
Allure of the Seas - Royal Caribbean 9/28/14 (Eastern Caribbean) ~ 2nd Annual bday cruise
Liberty - Carnival 02/01/14 (Eastern Caribbean)
Allure of the Seas - Royal Caribbean 9/22/13 (Western Caribbean) ~best bday cruise EVER!
Majesty of the Seas - Royal Caribbean 03/30/12 (Bahamas)
Majesty of the Seas - Royal Caribbean 04/04/03 (Bahamas)
Sky - NCL 12/12/99 (Western Caribbean)
Sky - NCL 11/13/99 (Inaugural/Christening Ceremony)
Leeward - NCL 11/1998 (Bahamas)
Chicago
309 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
This was just an amazing review! I really want to sail Allure now with my family. Thank you for the many many hours I have spent reading your adventures and continued happy sailings for you and your wonderful mom and even BF when he gets to leave his studies. Your mom is such a blessing and reading about her truly touched my heart,

Barb
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature



Past Cruises:
Freedom of the Seas November 2009
Allure of the Seas November 2014
Oasis of the Seas November 2015
Freedom of the Seas December 2016
Harmony of the Seas June 2017
Allure of the Seas March 2018
Freedom of the Seas B2B July 2018
South Florida
9,630 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
Originally posted by ktbsb
Hello Gambee,

I really enjoyed your review!! we are going on Allure in May and cannot wait! You mentioned a Rum that you liked in one of the posts but now I can't find it, I want to look for it when we are there!! Please let me know what Rum that was.

Thanks,
kim
The rum is called Pango, it will be in the market place across from Adrenaline beach, no need to go into the market were it is really bad.

Have a great time on your cruise

Originally posted by SilverCruisers other half
What a fantastic review. We were on the same cruise as you - this was our first week of our b2b. This was only our 2nd cruise we were on Oasis two years ago. Your review brought back fantastic memories both for us and our best friends who we were cruising with who are also reading your review as well. Your pictures are also brilliant. I came across your review whilst looking for a review of Jewel of the seas which we are thinking of doing next year to the southern carribbean for 7 days.

For us (from England) it is not the cost of the cruise but the airfare is more than the cost of the cruise itself. We are looking to extend if possible for a couple of days in San Juan. So still looking at all options.

Thanks once again and look forward to your future reviews.

It was a great cruise, wasn't it? We have to do the southern route still, maybe in the future aboard Royal Princess. I am glad that I brought some good memories back. We are very lucky that we have such great options living here in South Florida, I can only imagine paying so much for air fair and such.


Originally posted by keyol123
GAMBEE enjoy the Silhouette it's a beautiful ship. We went on her Jan 13/2013. I will be watching the web cam today.....Safe travels. Can't wait to read your review of the silhouette.
The cruise was great had a lot of fun =)


Originally posted by mdaviswv
Enjoy your cruise on the Silhouette Gambee! Hope its a great one!
Thank you =)

Originally posted by evoni
Gambee, this is the 3rd time I've read your review recently so it's way past time to thank you for writing it and posting all your great photographs. Thanks so much!

I'll be on Allure in May and it's the first time I will have sailed on Royal Caribbean as we usually only cruise on Celebrity.

I agree that Silhouette is quite different from Allure, but I think you will have a fabulous cruise on her!

Cheers.

They were indeed very different, but in a good way, it was a great cruise. Hope you have a great cruise!


Originally posted by beachbuddy
Gambee, will you post a link to your Silhouette review here?

Patty

I will post it here in a few hours =)


Originally posted by cruzinlady1947
I am not Gambee, but here is the link. It is already several pages long.


Omg! Omg! Omg! Ahhhhhhh, waiting to board! =) - Cruise Critic Message Board Forums


Gwen

thanks for sharing that link, but the actual review is not yet started. I will in a few hours or so.

Originally posted by beachbuddy
Thank you............I must have missed his post.
No post yet, lol.

Originally posted by KGSB11
Another Q that I hope you have an A for...though it should be more concrete than my camera question.

Do you by chance have another photo of the menu pictured above which shows the Red wines? They were cut off in this photo.

Thanks!
It wasn't there? I thought I took a picture of it. Ill have to look for it once I get home.

Can you please remind me on later on today, I might forget, just trying to catch up with a lot of threads.


Originally posted by Jamesl5180
Thank you for the time and effort you have put towards this wonderful review.
No problem, you're welcome.

Originally posted by babyblues1333
WOW, this has been the best review overall. I can't thank you enough, now I am totally prepared for my first time on the Allure come this Sept to celebrate my 35th bday, especially in Mexico!!!!! (shots shots shots)..heheheh.... love love love the photos!!!!!!!!

thanks again Gambee

You're very welcome, I will be starting my Silhouette review in a few hours and I will have a lot more Mexico pictures there.

Originally posted by prekteacher
This was just an amazing review! I really want to sail Allure now with my family. Thank you for the many many hours I have spent reading your adventures and continued happy sailings for you and your wonderful mom and even BF when he gets to leave his studies. Your mom is such a blessing and reading about her truly touched my heart,

Barb
You're very welcome, glad I could give you some entertainment. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

Happy Sailings.



================================================== ==============================================


My Silhouette review is not yet out, I will be starting it in a few hours. Just trying to catch up with a few threads, I will post the link here and in my signature
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
My Cruise Blog, Facebook, Twitter, Google+
Northern Illinois
529 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Originally posted by gambee
It wasn't there? I thought I took a picture of it. Ill have to look for it once I get home.

Can you please remind me on later on today, I might forget, just trying to catch up with a lot of threads.

================================================== ==============================================


My Silhouette review is not yet out, I will be starting it in a few hours. Just trying to catch up with a few threads, I will post the link here and in my signature
I went back and looked at the menu once again, and the red wine page is cut off...the next photo is of cocktails; which is what I am guessing is the next page after the wine.

I think for your X Silhouette review, you really should consider responding more personally with those who comment...you're really lacking here Kidding, of course!!!!! Thanks again for all your effort. It is very much appreciated.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
--Bob--



PAST TRAVELS
Disney Dream - March 24, 2017 (Bahamas)
Oasis of the Seas - June 11, 2016 (W. Caribbean)
Liberty of the Seas - April 21, 2014 (W. Caribbean)
Allure of the Seas - August 18, 2013 (E. Caribbean) - *Partial Photo Review*(Under Indefinite Construction)
Emerald Princess - August 22, 2010 (E. Caribbean)
South Florida
9,630 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
Originally posted by KGSB11
I went back and looked at the menu once again, and the red wine page is cut off...the next photo is of cocktails; which is what I am guessing is the next page after the wine.

I think for your X Silhouette review, you really should consider responding more personally with those who comment...you're really lacking here Kidding, of course!!!!! Thanks again for all your effort. It is very much appreciated.
Bob can you give the page of where you found that menu? It might help me find it easier on photobucket. I was not very bright and I deleted all of the originals. I might have to go through photobucket and look there. Thank you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
My Cruise Blog, Facebook, Twitter, Google+