At last! It's RADIANCE cruise day!

What kind of a crusie is the above - what ports?

We sailed up the east coast of Australia from Sydney via Brisbane & Airlie Beach near the Great Barrier Reef then headed west via Darwin then Bali before heading back down the west coast of Australia via Port Hedland (mining port), Geraldton then Fremantle, the port for Perth.

Amazing voyage which is why I'm going again this year.

I still want to take a cruise from Fremantle via the southern ports to Sydney via New Zealand.

Many overseas passengers do both cruises as B2B. About 32 nights in all.

Gae

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by gaechann

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i enjoy reading your adventures on this trip

Just have a question regarding port of airlie... which port did the tenders go into ? Port of Airlie or Abel Point Marina?

Also what time was the first and last tender boat ? in airlie

We will be doing the top end cruise - same as your upcoming october one in Feb 2015..

Thanks

Hi i enjoy reading your adventures on this trip

Just have a question regarding port of airlie... which port did the tenders go into ? Port of Airlie or Abel Point Marina?

Also what time was the first and last tender boat ? in airlie

We will be doing the top end cruise - same as your upcoming october one in Feb 2015..

Thanks

Last year the tenders went to Point Abel. Not sure if that will be the same this year.

I was in contact with a local Island Cruise company there asking about booking private tours to the Whitsunday Islands with them but they informed me that their private tours leave early & arrive back late so best to book a ship's tour!

Gae

Last year the tenders went to Point Abel. Not sure if that will be the same this year.

I was in contact with a local Island Cruise company there asking about booking private tours to the Whitsunday Islands with them but they informed me that their private tours leave early & arrive back late so best to book a ship's tour!

Gae

thanks for getting back to us.. We have been finding the same trouble with the times..

Do you know what time the first and last tender was ? when you went?

Thanks

thanks for getting back to us.. We have been finding the same trouble with the times..

Thanks

Hi there! I'm sorry but I don't remember but probably 1st tender left after 8.00 & last back about 5.00 I'd say.

Those booked on ship's tours out to the Islands were picked up directly from then brought back to the ship.

Thanks

Hi there! I'm sorry but I don't remember but probably 1st tender left after 8.00 & last back about 5.00 I'd say.

Those booked on ship's tours out to the Islands were picked up directly from then brought back to the ship.

• 1 month later...

I met a bar-tender last night at the theatre that had served me once only in the solarium lounge and she remembered not only what I'd ordered but that my Mum had something different!

I said "but how did you remember me?" her answer was "well you remembered me"! Yes but there's only one of her & LOTS of passengers she must have served in that time! I was astounded!

We did B2B cruises on Pacific Jewel back in 2010 and came across a great waitress in Connexions. In 2012, we were on Pacific Pearl and was walking past a bar the first morning and heard a voice call out to us (by name). We turned around an there she was!! She remembered our names, what we drank (apologized to hubby for not selling Tooheys New anymore) and she knew exactly what cruises we had met her on. They are unbelievable:)

LOL.....just realised this is an old thread :)

Edited by karmac

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Gae

Loved reading your review. As you have been on this cruise twice before can you remember on what night the 2nd formal night is. I am thinking the first or second sea day after Darwin and before Bali but which one.

Thank you

Edited by lazy day
spelling mistake

Hi Gae

Loved reading your review. As you have been on this cruise twice before can you remember on what night the 2nd formal night is. I am thinking the first or second sea day after Darwin and before Bali but which one.

Thank you

I believe it's the Cruise Director that decides what nights will be formal nights so sorry I can't say when they are likely to be!

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums