Allure - Speciality Restaurants - Toddler

Hi everyone

Sailing on Allure for the 1st time in October. Can anyone recommend speciality restaurants where I could possibly bring my toddler? He'll be 15 months at the time. Obviously I'd make an early reservation! He's generally well behaved and can be entertained quite easily!

We went to Chops with our 6mo DS on Oasis...he too is easily entertained and well behaved. That said, I wouldn't do it again. It was too stressful for us worrying about everyone else's experience. Very quiet place and not the best choice looking back. We went early right when they opened and were out within in hour, dessert in hand to take back to our room.

We did the Seafood Shack the next night and LOVED that experience so much more! No worries, eating outside, and our DS could play and be a baby without us worrying about others.

Hope this helps a little. You know your little one the best! If it's what you want to do, then I say do it and go early as you suggested!

Without getting flamed, I would say no!

Several reasons, although you may think he is behaving, others may not - playing with toys on the high chair, being passed from person to person; all can be very distracting to other diners. Many others may be celebrating a special event, or want a quiet intimate dinner. Specialty restaurants usually take longer than the MDR; again, idea is for a relaxing evening. Tables are not placed that far apart.

All that being said, should you decide to go I think Giovanni's is the most family oriented.

They should have Sabor by then and It's less formal so it will be better. Giovanni is still a more formal setting, you will see more kids but certainly not a kids hangout. Clearly I would avoid 150 don't think you could enjoy it. We did chops with a 3 year old she was well behaved and we sat outside at the end so it was a bit more private not as many people beside us.

Several reasons, although you may think he is behaving, others may not - playing with toys on the high chair, being passed from person to person; all can be very distracting to other diners. Many others may be celebrating a special event, or want a quiet intimate dinner. Specialty restaurants usually take longer than the MDR; again, idea is for a relaxing evening. Tables are not placed that far apart.

All that being said, should you decide to go I think Giovanni's is the most family oriented.

I agree. Although I love children (have 2 wonderful grandchildren 7 and 8 yrs old) if I am in a specialty restaurant which I have had to pay extra for, I would not want to be seated next to children. I'm sorry but sometimes I just like to have adult only time. I think there are plenty of times the parents can go to a nice restaurant while at home and get a babysitter. I hope I don't sound like a mean grouch.

Not sure if this applies to all passengers, but in the email I just received today from the Legend of the Seas Concierge it specifically pointed out that "Kids aged 6-12 now dine at our Specialty Restaurants for only $8. Age 5 and under eat free". I take that to mean that children of all ages are welcome to eat in the Specialty Restaurants, if they are in a full suite. I'd be shocked if the same didn't apply to those in "steerage" (strike that - I meant other cabin classes) as well.

While I disagree with banning children from venues like Specialty Restaurants, I do agree with the general idea that parents should keep their kids under control in all venues.

Edited by AZAficionado

We have always brought our daughters to all the restaurants(ages 6(6 cruises under her belt and 10 (11 cruises under her belt)) except of course when we wanted to do dinner by ourselves. They would see the wrath of mommy if they misbehaved. It drives me up a wall when I see kids running around the table but that is very few and far in between. What I do see ALOT on cruises in both the main dining room and the speciality dining rooms on both RCCL and NCl are the loud, obnoxious, drunk adults. On several occasions I have seen their teenage children carrying them out of the restaurants. That is more annoying than the kids. I remember on one occasion i remember, a couple was about to be seated next to myself, DH and my 2 daughters. I heard them ask to sit else where and not next to kids. They were sat next a loud table of adults. Boy I'm sure they wished they hadn't asked to move. Served them right.

The last time I saw a parent being carried out was this past February vacation cruise on the Independence. I also saw this last year on an 11 night cruise (typically an older non children age itinerary) on the Norwegian Sun. I seriously see this at least once a cruise.

The last time I saw a parent being carried out was this past February vacation cruise on the Independence. I also saw this last year on an 11 night cruise (typically an older non children age itinerary) on the Norwegian Sun. I seriously see this at least once a cruise.

Thankfully, I've never seen anything close to the situation you describe.

M

OP - children are welcome in specialty dining. In fact, RCI has recently instituted free or child's pricing. Thank you for thinking of the other patrons. As you noted, an early reservation is best.

I second Giovanni's, as it is a family friendly restaurant, but if you dine early, I see no reason not to also enjoy Chops. It has been a while since we were on the Allure and if the Samba Grille is still there, that would also be fine.

Enjoy the cruise

M

We're staying in a Crown Loft Suite! Lol

My plan ideally would be to leave him in the Nursery during dinner but at the moment, he won't stay with anyone that he doesn't know. Suppose we'll see how we go at the time and decide then!

If something as small as that is enough of a distraction to bother you, you may want to use room service while you are cruising. I know it would not bother me and most likely the majority of the people dining at the same tine.

That said, I wouldn't do it again. It was too stressful for us worrying about everyone else's experience.

That was very thoughtful of you, Thank You, as you considered others.

Some bring their very naughty children in to a restaurant and leave them run here, there, and everywhere without any thoughts for others

Again, thank you for being so nice.

Others please take note.

Thank You

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn is a nice person GO LYNN