UBP - Must try cocktail/drink list!

Warm-Water Diver

Yes, taxes will be charged until you are in international waters which won't occur until a few hours after departure. So, any purchases made between that time, drinks, etc will be taxable. Once the gift shops open, you will usually be in tax free waters.

Is the tax applied if you received the UBP as a promo with the gratuities included? I realize gratuity has nothing to do with taxes, just wondering how it will be handled if received as a fully paid for promo.

Well, geez this will be what? like $.25?

Edited by tarps14

Is the tax applied if you received the UBP as a promo with the gratuities included? I realize gratuity has nothing to do with taxes, just wondering how it will be handled if received as a fully paid for promo.

Well, geez this will be what? like $.25?

I think I was charged 21 cents....and well worth it:cool:

This will be my first time getting the UBP.... it's been mentioned that you can order drinks off menu from other bars in the ship, but can you go off, off, menu and give them a recipe to try? Or would that be impossible for them to know what to charge you? Whether it's included in the UBP or if there would be an extra charge.....

Or what if you sub out one juice for another or one liquor for another? I am not a fan on pineapple juice nor coconut rum, so would I be able to order a drink that has one of those in it and ask for something else as a substitute? Would that still be covered in the UBP?

Thanks for your help.

This will be my first time getting the UBP.... it's been mentioned that you can order drinks off menu from other bars in the ship, but can you go off, off, menu and give them a recipe to try? Or would that be impossible for them to know what to charge you? Whether it's included in the UBP or if there would be an extra charge.....

Or what if you sub out one juice for another or one liquor for another? I am not a fan on pineapple juice nor coconut rum, so would I be able to order a drink that has one of those in it and ask for something else as a substitute? Would that still be covered in the UBP?

Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure about your first question but they will substitute a juice or rum for you. They will also give you extra olives for a dry martini and extra cherries in your drink!!!

Deb

I'm not sure about your first question but they will substitute a juice or rum for you. They will also give you extra olives for a dry martini and extra cherries in your drink!!!

Deb

Thanks! Good to know I can sub out flavours I don't like so much. Hopefully someine will see my other question and have some insight on that.

going on the getaway sept. 19 and also got the UBP promo, so what doesn't it include..lol

this will be a first trying the UBP....im a Stoli (vodka) and Maker's Mark (burbon) drinker, those should be included correct?

was there a particular bartender that you preferred?

Thanks for your help.

I'm sure the price for any drink is based on how much alcohol goes into it rather than what it is mixed with. Something which calls for 3 different liquors would probably cost more than a simple vodka tonic. But, there does not seem to be much that is over the up to and including $11 limit ( I think thats the limit, or is it $12? It's been a long day ).

So as long as the bartender knows the alcohol type called for, he should be able to easily assign a price. If it does happen to be slightly over the limit, you just get charged the difference.

Edited by punkincc

I'm sure the price for any drink is based on how much alcohol goes into it rather than what it is mixed with. Something which calls for 3 different liquors would probably cost more than a simple vodka tonic. But, there does not seem to be much that is over the up to and including $11 limit ( I think thats the limit, or is it $12? It's been a long day ).

So as long as the bartender knows the alcohol type called for, he should be able to easily assign a price. If it does happen to be slightly over the limit, you just get charged the difference.

Thanks for your reply. There is a drink over on Carnival that I love. It appears NCL has nothing that is comparable. Close, but not quite. Guess I'll just have to see if they'll make it for me.

Thanks for your reply. There is a drink over on Carnival that I love. It appears NCL has nothing that is comparable. Close, but not quite. Guess I'll just have to see if they'll make it for me.

Deets please!

Deets please!

It's called Blue Bahama. It tastes a little like a citrussy LIIT but not quite. It has Bombay gin, bacardi mango rum, Skyy vodka, Midori(a melon liqueur), Blue Curacao, citrus and a splash of Sprite.

It was delicious and packed a punch.

There are similar drinks that I've seen on NCL, but not that combination of alcohol. Or maybe there is and I haven't seen it in my research!

I'm following this thread. Thanks to all for your contributions... can't wait to try some/all of them! ;):D

I tried almost everything on the spread sheet. All were great! Last 2 days I had enough alcohol so slowed down a bit. Cruise to Bermuda was great. I got bumped off a flight (on purpose) on the way home with Delta. I have 800 dollars to use for trips in the next year. Time to plan!!!!:)

Deb

• 3 weeks later...
Since many have the UBP and the new bar menus have limited drinks listed, I have created a list of beverages that have been mentioned on Cruise Critic. Here is the LINK for Beverage List.

Great List! Does anyone know what is in a Rum Cake? Someone mentioned this drink somewhere on the forum but I haven't seen details on it.