What 3 specialty restaurant did you pick?

bklynfinest77

Tapanyaki, for the experience

Moderno is amazing I loved the way they serve the food and its delish moderno is my favorite. The salad bar is also the best.

Cagneys.

I would do moderno twice...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree---Moderno! We dined there in January when on the Getaway and it was fabulous! Especially if your hubby is a big meat eater! The salad bar was so interesting, and good, you have to be careful not to fill up too much on that before all the meat start coming! They also bring you several sides--mashed potatoes and rice being two offered.

Wife and I will be on the cruise with you. WE picked La Cucina the first night, Cagney's the second and our favorite,Le Bistro for the third. All three have always been excellant on our other NCL cruises. We didn't care for Moderno and guys throwing food around is not our idea of entertainment or the proper way to prepare a dinner. No matter which you choose you should enjoy your dinner and we wish you a very happy and great time !!

My husband ordered this last June and it was the best steak he ever had! But sadly, they have taken this Tomahawk off the menu. I heard they were going to and when I check the current Cagney's menu, it is gone! So sad, because he was so looking forward to it again this March!

DH and I just got off the Breakaway on January 29 and the tomahawk ribeye was on the menu....DH had it!!!!!

DH and I just got off the Breakaway on January 29 and the tomahawk ribeye was on the menu....DH had it!!!!!

This. Tried it twice this past December on the Escape and it is now my favorite cut of beef at Cagney's. 2nd place goes to the Filet served at Le Bistro.

We had 4 day dining on this past 7 night cruise + 2 platinum dinners soooo.

3 Le Bistro (sadly only 1 appetizer given on the platinum voucher nights which I think is just plain penny pinching cheezy :( ), 2 Cagney's and 1 La Cucina. I know they refreshed the La Cucina menu but it was the worst food I've had onboard an NCL ship period (service OK but food terrible). I won't be returning to La Cucina EVER!

Our next cruise we will most likely fill our specialty nights between Cagney's (hope the Tomahawk is still on the menu) and Le Bistro, possibly with 1 night in Moderno or Teppenyaki to break up the monotony..

This. Tried it twice this past December on the Escape and it is now my favorite cut of beef at Cagney's. 2nd place goes to the Filet served at Le Bistro.

We had 4 day dining on this past 7 night cruise + 2 platinum dinners soooo.

3 Le Bistro (sadly only 1 appetizer given on the platinum voucher nights which I think is just plain penny pinching cheezy :( ), 2 Cagney's and 1 La Cucina. I know they refreshed the La Cucina menu but it was the worst food I've had onboard an NCL ship period (service OK but food terrible). I won't be returning to La Cucina EVER!

Our next cruise we will most likely fill our specialty nights between Cagney's (hope the Tomahawk is still on the menu) and Le Bistro, possibly with 1 night in Moderno or Teppenyaki to break up the monotony..

Does LaCucina still have Ossobuco on their menu. That was the only thing we liked! We haven't eaten in LaCucina on any ship in the past 3 years! It WAS terrible food!!!

Sandy...[emoji267][emoji485][emoji267]

Does LaCucina still have Ossobuco on their menu. That was the only thing we liked! We haven't eaten in LaCucina on any ship in the past 3 years! It WAS terrible food!!!

Sandy...[emoji267][emoji485][emoji267]

Yes, and it has got even better with the new menus in my opinion.

We have tried Cagneys 3 times now and not been impressed. My husband makes a better steak at home. I do recommend the 7 layer cake. We won't be going back again. On the Dawn in November we went to La Cucina twice and loved it. Osso buco was terrific. Anyone on the Dawn should try Los Lobos. Wow! We usually like le Bistro, however are not fans of the new menu.

I might consider doing Cagney's twice, but give Moderno a thought if you really like meat. I have to disagree with others about the quality of the food. I've enjoyed it every time I've eaten there. I'm a huge meat lover. The salad bar is amazing with great little appetizers and then having ribs, rack of lamb, bacon wrapped filet and other amazing morsels delivered to my table hot at the pace I set is really appealing to me.

I might consider doing Cagney's twice, but give Moderno a thought if you really like meat. I have to disagree with others about the quality of the food. I've enjoyed it every time I've eaten there. I'm a huge meat lover. The salad bar is amazing with great little appetizers and then having ribs, rack of lamb, bacon wrapped filet and other amazing morsels delivered to my table hot at the pace I set is really appealing to me.

I agree with your assessment of Moderno. We just ate there on our cruise in January, and loved it!

I'd agree that Moderno is a great choice. The salad bar alone is worth it and can make your entire meal. Those are my exact favorites: Rack of Lamb and Bacon Wrapped Filet: best 2 meats on the menu in my opinion. I don't care for the sirloin or sausages. Just kept my button green and politely turned down any meat that came to the table that wasn't either of those 2 :)

Can we use the Free at Sea, 4-meal specialty restaurants plan at Ocean Blue?

Yes, but there will be a $15 per person upcharge.

IN WHICH VENUES WILL MY SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE BE HONORED?

Specialty dining packages are honored in Cagney's Steakhouse, Moderno Churrascaria, Teppanyaki and our French, Mexican and Italian restaurants across the fleet. Guests who have purchased the package may also choose to dine in other select à la carte priced restaurants, entertainment-based restaurants, Bayamo, Pincho Tapas Bar, and Ocean Blue restaurants, for the following per person upcharges:

• The Supper Club - $15 USD
  • Ocean Blue - $15 USD
  • Bayamo - $15 USD
  • Cirque Dreams/Illusionarium - $10 USD regular seats/$15 USD premium seats/$35 USD VIP seating on Breakaway
  • Sushi -$7 USD
  • Raw Bar - $7 USD (does not include Seafood Plateau. If ordered, the upcharge is to be waived)
  • Pincho Tapas Bar - $7 USD

We sailed on Epic last month. We got four restaurants with the package we booked, and the ones we went with were:

Le Bistro--We went here because it seemed to get good reviews, but most people seemed to mention the mushroom soup or something as being excellent. You can't pay me enough to want to eat something with mushrooms. Fortunately, there was plenty on the menu without mushrooms, and you don't need to worry about french cuisine, as it wasn't really all that french.

Cirque Dreams (had to pay a little extra)--The food at Cirque Dreams wasn't that great, but then you don't really go there for the food.

Teppanyaki--I loved the food, but you get a lot of it--especially if you order a dish with noodles versus just meat.

Moderno--Moderno was great, cooked to a medium to medium rare doneness--I can only assume that those who don't like Moderno probably haven't had it on Epic. It was a lot of food.

On the Breakaway we had the last 6 UDP before that was phased out. We did Moderno, Cagneys, Ocean Blue, the Sushi Bar, and the Raw Bar twice :) I am not a big steak/beef person so I wouldn't personally ever choose to do Cagney's (but husband loved it so I guess I have to go back lol). Raw Bar to me was the best one! Definitely worth it if you enjoy seafood :) I did like it better than Ocean Blue too. Moderno we decided was our least favorite of the bunch. Not that it was bad, just not as amazing as the others.

I hear that the Escape has that food republic place and a tapas bar?

On the Breakaway we had the last 6 UDP before that was phased out. We did Moderno, Cagneys, Ocean Blue, the Sushi Bar, and the Raw Bar twice :) I am not a big steak/beef person so I wouldn't personally ever choose to do Cagney's (but husband loved it so I guess I have to go back lol). Raw Bar to me was the best one! Definitely worth it if you enjoy seafood :) I did like it better than Ocean Blue too. Moderno we decided was our least favorite of the bunch. Not that it was bad, just not as amazing as the others.

I hear that the Escape has that food republic place and a tapas bar?

Forgot to post a picture of the Raw bar platter:

IMG_20170205_190208.jpg