Gluten free

jessbaby

My son has celiacs disease and has to eat gluten free. I heard they will accommodate him but does anyone know what

Kind of gluten free food they offer for kids?

My wife has to have gluten free as well. RCI is very accommodating and offered a wide variety of food. Harmony had a fairly good size gluten free area in Windjammer. I’m not gluten free but really liked some of the offerings there as well.

On Freedom one day at lunch we went to MDR and she wanted to order off the menu. When she asked the server about gluten free she said she would have to check. A few minutes later a chef came out, asked my wife her food preferences and made her a custom fish dish.

I would recommend telling them ahead of time but also telling them immediately upon entering the MDR or other restaurants.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you

I am gluten free .I was advised to discuss it with the Head waiter in the MDR and he made sure that I was able to order the night before for all 3 meals the following day.

On days that I ate in the Windjammer he gave me the name of the chef in charge ,the same for specialty restaurants.

I asked the same question to RC this week (sailing Allure in 3 months), response below:

Hello,

Thank you for sharing information regarding your gluten allergy.

Gluten free items are noted on our Main Dining Room menus.

Please meet with the Head Waiter in the Main Dining Room and Restaurant Managers at other dining venues to review the menus and identify selections you wish to have modified or avoided.

All items prepared for guests with food allergies are handled separate from the main food production.

When the guests eat in the Windjammer, please ask for a manager so they can arrange to get a meal from the galley. This will avoid any cross contamination that may occur at the buffet.

You can bring dry, nonperishable food items such as cookies, crackers, chips, energy bars, etc. You may also bring your own individual packets of salad dressings. However, you may not bring onboard perishable food (items that require refrigeration, freezing, and/or reheating).

Best regards,

I asked the same question to RC this week (sailing Allure in 3 months), response below:

Hello,

Please meet with the Head Waiter in the Main Dining Room and Restaurant Managers at other dining venues to review the menus and identify selections you wish to have modified or avoided.

All items prepared for guests with food allergies are handled separate from the main food production.

When the guests eat in the Windjammer, please ask for a manager so they can arrange to get a meal from the galley. This will avoid any cross contamination that may occur at the buffet.

You can bring dry, nonperishable food items such as cookies, crackers, chips, energy bars, etc. You may also bring your own individual packets of salad dressings. However, you may not bring onboard perishable food (items that require refrigeration, freezing, and/or reheating).

Best regards,

That's the same canned response I got.

I am a vegetarian with Celiac disease (diagnosed 2 years ago) and was so nervous to cruise again with less options, especially since I am sensitive to cross contamination.

However, it was amazing! There were some language barriers, but once we got settled after the first day, we were set. They have GF pasta in MDR, GF bread if you especially ask for it, lots of items are already GF (but ALWAYS check, because they had something labeled GF that had farro in it, and had a salad not labeled that was offered to me and I didn't get sick, etc.). Do not eat in the Windjammer if you can help it; my waiters told me the GF food on the line wasn't safe, it it alwywas took 30+ minutes to get food taken from the back/made for me there. I only ate in WJ when we were in port and the MDR was closed. That said, Sorrentos will make GF (CC safe) pizza slices for you, Cafe Promenade has pre-wrapped Udi's chocolate chip cookies if you ask (they may have to go down to the kitchen for you to get them, but they will do so!), and the ability to ask for most things to be made GF (with enough advanced notice) was really nice. Happy to answer anymore questions you might have.

My daughter who is now 13 was diagnosed with celiac when she was 7 and we cruise every year. She has never one felt like there wasn't enough food. A little tip, we always bring along gluten free ice cream cones.

This is a brilliant idea! Where do you find GF ice cream cones? I have never seen them?

Thank you so much!

Hello,

Best regards,

My daughter who is now 13 was diagnosed with celiac when she was 7 and we cruise every year. She has never one felt like there wasn't enough food. A little tip, we always bring along gluten free ice cream cones.

Thank you! So the ice cream is GF?

I am a vegetarian with Celiac disease (diagnosed 2 years ago) and was so nervous to cruise again with less options, especially since I am sensitive to cross contamination.

However, it was amazing! There were some language barriers, but once we got settled after the first day, we were set. They have GF pasta in MDR, GF bread if you especially ask for it, lots of items are already GF (but ALWAYS check, because they had something labeled GF that had farro in it, and had a salad not labeled that was offered to me and I didn't get sick, etc.). Do not eat in the Windjammer if you can help it; my waiters told me the GF food on the line wasn't safe, it it alwywas took 30+ minutes to get food taken from the back/made for me there. I only ate in WJ when we were in port and the MDR was closed. That said, Sorrentos will make GF (CC safe) pizza slices for you, Cafe Promenade has pre-wrapped Udi's chocolate chip cookies if you ask (they may have to go down to the kitchen for you to get them, but they will do so!), and the ability to ask for most things to be made GF (with enough advanced notice) was really nice. Happy to answer anymore questions you might have.

Thank you!