How as a result of the latest increase do you intend to tip on their next P&O Cruise?

kalos

As a result of the latest increase, How will you tip on your next P&O Cruise ?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. As a result of the latest increase, How will you tip on your next P&O Cruise ?

• YES I will pay the new auto service charge
    • NO I will not pay the new service charge
    • Prefer to pay in person without the new service charge
    • Prefer to pay the staff in person as well as the new service charge
    • I may reduce the new auto service to what I deem to be fair

350 quid is a lot of G&T's. !!!:o We are on Princess ships for 33 nights in May/June. Princess want just on US$1000 for auto tips.' As to whether they get $1000 or not is another thing.

Like others on here, I don't like the cruise lines telling me how much I should contribute to the Automatic Wage Subsidy - (which is what I call this auto tipping/gratuity/service charge system.) My decision, not theirs.

We predominantly cruise 2-7 nights and the tips are swallowed up by our obc.

For people like yourself who are cruising for 33 nights the gratuity amount sticks out like a sore thumb and I'm sure if people pay tips in cash the amount will be nowhere near $1000.

I along with others on a P&O thread have emailed Christopher. Edgington@ pocruises.com asking for gratuitys to be incorporated into the cruise price as it is the fairest way and everyone contributes this way.

It is per day, not per night on our cruise according to P&O. Which includes the arrival day and departure day.

They must have updated the new information brochures or I have been undercharged 1day or night for my last 2 cruises.

16 days inc arrival and departure was £96 9-25 June (17) and £72

4-16 September (13) both at 2017 rate £6.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I too have just e mailed Mr Edgington re: inclusion of gratuities in the price of cruise. Does anyone really think he reads this forumm?

Me too, although I have zero confidence that it will change anything. As for this forum, I have never believed that P&O look at it ‘officially’, although some individual staff members might. We are an absolutely miniscule proportion of the customer base and are probably not seen as representative, so we are easy to dismiss.

Me too, although I have zero confidence that it will change anything. As for this forum, I have never believed that P&O look at it ‘officially’, although some individual staff members might. We are an absolutely miniscule proportion of the customer base and are probably not seen as representative, so we are easy to dismiss.

Agreed

We all think that our opinions are relevant, but out of the thousands that cruise on P&O, those of us posting here are an insignificant minority.

Agreed

We all think that our opinions are relevant, but out of the thousands that cruise on P&O, those of us posting here are an insignificant minority.

Spot on Wowzz. That's why I called this poll a "blip" to P&O.

If we take just one of the fleet Azura for example ,She carry's over 3K in passengers .

If we take the two polls that were running and say for arguments sake that everyone who took part

wanted P&O add these service costs into the basic price of your cruise .(which they did not)

Add Anonymously total votes 176 to Kalos 153 .

329 passengers out of Azura's 3,100 ?

Now bring all the others ships of P&O into the equation and we soon become a very small number.

I would be surprised to find we have made P&O sit up and take note.

Spot on Wowzz. That's why I called this poll a "blip" to P&O.

If we take just one of the fleet Azura for example ,She carry's over 3K in passengers .

If we take the two polls that were running and say for arguments sake that everyone who took part

wanted P&O add these service costs into the basic price of your cruise .(which they did not)

Add Anonymously total votes 176 to Kalos 153 .

329 passengers out of Azura's 3,100 ?

Now bring all the others ships of P&O into the equation and we soon become a very small number.

I would be surprised to find we have made P&O sit up and take note.

I thought that with a poll I did on Celebrity and would you believe it Celebrity changed its mind about outing people of their cabins at 6.30 on their last day within days.

It's always worth a try and at the end f the day, if no change, we can just remove grants. Simples.

I thought that with a poll I did on Celebrity and would you believe it Celebrity changed its mind about outing people of their cabins at 6.30 on their last day within days.

It's always worth a try and at the end f the day, if no change, we can just remove grants. Simples.

I totally agree and its good that you take the time to query certain issues.

There are thousands of lurkers who never post who will take onboard what we are doing and take their own action with us.

Well done.

I totally agree and its good that you take the time to query certain issues.

There are thousands of lurkers who never post who will take onboard what we are doing and take their own action with us.

Well done.

Lets hope we can make a difference and pull off a Celebrity poll .

We can but hope (GOD Loves a trier ;p)

Also, anyone going on a cruise, or receiving a random questionnaire by email, don’t forget to add a sentence about included tips under

I haven’t received a response to my email yet, and it’s well beyond the 5 day period. I may pursue it, higher up the food chain

Also, anyone going on a cruise, or receiving a random questionnaire by email, don’t forget to add a sentence about included tips under

I haven’t received a response to my email yet, and it’s well beyond the 5 day period. I may pursue it, higher up the food chain

That is something everyone can do which would be noticed.

The way I see it is I can moan about people not paying tips or I can give my opinion to P&O and hope they take some notice. Christopher Edgington may not read this or any other forum but I would think they have someone who monitors opinions on the internet.

The way I see it is I can moan about people not paying tips or I can give my opinion to P&O and hope they take some notice. Christopher Edgington may not read this or any other forum but I would think they have someone who monitors opinions on the internet.

Well we have emailed him so lets see.

We always autotip and leave cash tips on top but i think it is wrong that some pay and others don't thats why a compulsory service charge or gratuitys added to cruise price means everyone is paying their share of the service charge which is fair.

We predominantly cruise 2-7 nights and the tips are swallowed up by our obc.

For people like yourself who are cruising for 33 nights the gratuity amount sticks out like a sore thumb and I'm sure if people pay tips in cash the amount will be nowhere near $1000.

I along with others on a P&O thread have emailed Christopher. Edgington@ pocruises.com asking for gratuitys to be incorporated into the cruise price as it is the fairest way and everyone contributes this way.

We only do long cruises which have included 2 world cruises. Nevertheless we have always paid the auto-tips and also tipped extra. So I don't think doing a long cruise should be a 'get out clause' for not paying the tips.

Well we have emailed him so lets see.

We always autotip and leave cash tips on top but i think it is wrong that some pay and others don't thats why a compulsory service charge or gratuitys added to cruise price means everyone is paying their share of the service charge which is fair.

Which is precisely the point I made to Mr Edgington. Let's hope he takes notice.;)

I wish somebody could define exactly what a service charge is. The price of a cruise, is the price of a cruise, end of. Gratuities are voluntary, so you choose whether to give or not, depending on the service you receive. Why should an additional sum, called a service charge be added to the total?

I wish somebody could define exactly what a service charge is. The price of a cruise, is the price of a cruise, end of. Gratuities are voluntary, so you choose whether to give or not, depending on the service you receive. Why should an additional sum, called a service charge be added to the total?

That is something of the problem. Does it go to make staff wages up, is it really a 'tip', what happens if one chooses not to pay to staff wages. Clarity of what it is and either add to basic cruise cost or make it voluntary in the sense that we give it, not that it is taken, unless you stand in a long queue to remove it and then wonder if the socalled 'list' of non-payers really does exist

That is something of the problem. Does it go to make staff wages up, is it really a 'tip', what happens if one chooses not to pay to staff wages. Clarity of what it is and either add to basic cruise cost or make it voluntary in the sense that we give it, not that it is taken, unless you stand in a long queue to remove it and then wonder if the socalled 'list' of non-payers really does exist

Its very confusing thats why a small service charge should be added to guarantee the crews pay then leave it to individual passengers if they want to give any cash tips at their discretion only.

It is a 'wage subsidy' so we are making up the service crew wage by paying the auto tips.:rolleyes:

It is a 'wage subsidy' so we are making up the service crew wage by paying the auto tips.:rolleyes:

Some posts have made me reassess my thoughts on tipping.

I believe a small service charge for everyone should apply for the crew wage because it seems otherwise they would be poorly paid.

It seems the only time crew actually get a proper tip is when we give them a cash tip because they probably realize the autotip is part of their agreed wage and don't look at it as an extra from these rich passengers.