Jumped in and upgraded to Aqua Class - what should I expect?

MCazer

prices came down for our Oct 19 sailing on Constellation (11 nights) $500 extra total

What should I expect? Never sailed celebrity (diamond on Royal- so I’m elite)

I am literally so excited. I haven't told my husband, it is a surprise for our 25 Wedding Anniversary. Do you have concierge service as well? I can't believe it opened up at that rate. We usually eat once in the "pay" restaurants, so I thought it would be nice to have that every night (with Blu)

Anyone else have any experiences that come with Aqua Class? Do we get real spa shampoo, conditioner etc? I really need to check it all out!

I am literally so excited. I haven't told my husband, it is a surprise for our 25 Wedding Anniversary. Do you have concierge service as well? I can't believe it opened up at that rate. We usually eat once in the "pay" restaurants, so I thought it would be nice to have that every night (with Blu)

Anyone else have any experiences that come with Aqua Class? Do we get real spa shampoo, conditioner etc? I really need to check it all out!

Make sure you obtain a Captains Club number and have it associated with your reservation. The transfer is not automatic.

Blu is wonderful and don’t forget Breakfast.

This past week I was lucky to upgrade too. Now in AQ (A1) for my May cruise on Eclipse, from my original Veranda (1B) for $460.00.....They also offered me a comp upgrade to Concierge but I didn't care for the locations.

Not sure if you normally get Champagne and strawberries but they offered them too.

Great itinerary Ireland, Iceland & Scotland 11 nights.

I'm a D+ on RCI so an Elite on X...When I made my original booking months ago I received my new Captains Club # .

I think I'm going to enjoy my first X cruise...I already am :')

It is a nice experience but there are a few differences on the M class compared to the S Class

The balconies are smaller so you won’t have a footstool on the Balcony and the Persian Gardens is totally different than on a S Class.

There have been many threads about AQ so you really need to search them and make notes of what you should get because the attendants have seemed to get rather lax and many times if you don’t ask you won’t get.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

It is a nice experience but there are a few differences on the M class compared to the S Class

The balconies are smaller so you won’t have a footstool on the Balcony and the Persian Gardens is totally different than on a S Class.

There have been many threads about AQ so you really need to search them and make notes of what you should get because the attendants have seemed to get rather lax and many times if you don’t ask you won’t get.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Having never sailed on Celebrity, I have nothing to compare the M Class vs S Class except older Royal ships vs the newer. So I think that is in my favor!

I was able to grab one of those larger triangle shaped balconies so it will be larger than a regular balcony, so perhaps I will have a foot stool! (dare I hope for a lounger?)

Make sure you obtain a Captains Club number and have it associated with your reservation. The transfer is not automatic.

Blu is wonderful and don’t forget Breakfast.

hm

The first thing I did when thinking of booking with Celebrity was to join the Captain's Club and was amazed to see that they had attached my RCL Crown and Anchor status, putting me at Elite!

Oh, do you get double one and a half cruise points for Aqua?

hm

The first thing I did when thinking of booking with Celebrity was to join the Captain's Club and was amazed to see that they had attached my RCL Crown and Anchor status, putting me at Elite!

Oh, do you get double one and a half cruise points for Aqua?

AQ passengers receive 5 points per day.

I tried the sparkling wine (champagne) and threw it down the sink, it was dreadful. And as for BLU well someone else has t old you to read up on other threads you might catch up with my comments about dreadful breakfasts and best evening meals, on M class, from MDR.

I tried the sparkling wine (champagne) and threw it down the sink, it was dreadful. And as for BLU well someone else has t old you to read up on other threads you might catch up with my comments about dreadful breakfasts and best evening meals, on M class, from MDR.

We need to agree to disagree. First, if you don't like the champagne, have the room steward swap it out for a nice red or white wine. I love the breakfasts, and enjoy most of the meals as well. If I don't care for what is on the menu, I order one of the 'classics' like salmon or chicken, which are both always good. Love Blu and love Aqua because of it. To each their own

Having never sailed on Celebrity, I have nothing to compare the M Class vs S Class except older Royal ships vs the newer. So I think that is in my favor!

I was able to grab one of those larger triangle shaped balconies so it will be larger than a regular balcony, so perhaps I will have a foot stool! (dare I hope for a lounger?)

You will not get a foot stool, and it is extremely unlikely that you can get a lounger. It never hurts to ask (about the lounger, the stools don't exist on M class), but don't count on it.

Another option to consider if available - the AQ rooms on Deck 11. They were added several years after the ship was built so are newer and in better condition. The location is also great- right by the rear elevator and away from the crowds so very quiet (unless you get the rooms facing aft in which case you may have some bar noise, but those rooms are very popular). We always book that area if available. If you are considering changing, check the floor plan. Some of the balconies are bigger than others (but none of the side balconies are as big as those on the hump)

You can trade it in for something else which is exactly what I did on Summit in November/ December.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We need to agree to disagree. First, if you don't like the champagne, have the room steward swap it out for a nice red or white wine. I love the breakfasts, and enjoy most of the meals as well. If I don't care for what is on the menu, I order one of the 'classics' like salmon or chicken, which are both always good. Love Blu and love Aqua because of it. To each their own

Did not know they changed it when it had been opened, did you not notice I said "I tried it".

I really do not pay Aqua prices to get chicken and the breakfast I would send back in a greasy spoon in the UK and never eat there again. Sausage with grease when you stabbed it, bacon that looked boiled, muesli, no tableside muesli, that tasted like cold thin porridge. Never again and never again Celebrity. Three cruises booked none with Celebrity.

I was offered red or white wine and since we don't care for wine they opted to offer me champagne...Even bad champagne can taste good in a bit of fresh squeezed OJ that I can get with my classic beverage package.

My upgrade was to #1552 on Eclipse so I think I did pretty well hopefully.

Don’t forget that Blu only has breakfast and dinner and few times during the cruise they have lunch. Having three meals on a cruise ship is a lot for us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did not know they changed it when it had been opened, did you not notice I said "I tried it".

I really do not pay Aqua prices to get chicken and the breakfast I would send back in a greasy spoon in the UK and never eat there again. Sausage with grease when you stabbed it, bacon that looked boiled, muesli, no tableside muesli, that tasted like cold thin porridge. Never again and never again Celebrity. Three cruises booked none with Celebrity.

Wow, you never miss an opportunity to rip Celebrity and Aqua Class. I think we all understand you did not enjoy your experience and will not book again.

I was offered red or white wine and since we don't care for wine they opted to offer me champagne...Even bad champagne can taste good in a bit of fresh squeezed OJ that I can get with my classic beverage package.

My upgrade was to #1552 on Eclipse so I think I did pretty well hopefully.

I doubt that your drink ever went near the champagne area and in the Uk could not be called such. But if you like fizzy wine and juice I am glad you got what you wanted.

I am trying by my comments to tell someone who asked "What to expect" that some people experience negative experiences in Aqua and BLU and be warned that the fizzy wine could be purchased for coppers in a supermarket. Also that BLU is not, for some, a good experience. If you asked what to expect why would you only want to know those who have either had positive experiences of look at Celebrity through rose tinted spectacles?

Perhaps my comments about how terrible I found that fizzy wine will encourage them to think twice about opening it and take up the comment that one can swap it for a wine of choice and therefore not wasting it as I did.

Don’t forget that Blu only has breakfast and dinner and few times during the cruise they have lunch. Having three meals on a cruise ship is a lot for us.

Sorry, but having completed 18 cruises [222 cruise days] in AquaClass, Blu is never open for lunch... Obviously, I do enjoy Blu as the vast majority does; my four future bookings [another 39 cruise days] are also booked in AquaClass...