re meat pies

Favourite bakery changed ownership while we were away. :( Pies are still good :) but the prices have increased. :mad: Over $5 now for most flavours except plain mince.

How disappointing. At least the pies are still good, would have been so much worse if they were bad and the price went up.

How disappointing. At least the pies are still good, would have been so much worse if they were bad and the price went up.

If that happened they'd be out of business very quickly. Hopefully they'll maintain the quality set by the original owner in both the pies and the cakes. They still have the same barista and she is excellent.

If that happened they'd be out of business very quickly. Hopefully they'll maintain the quality set by the original owner in both the pies and the cakes. They still have the same barista and she is excellent.

That is good that they have maintained the same Barista. If the pies are still good perhaps they have kept the same baker as well.

That is good that they have maintained the same Barista. If the pies are still good perhaps they have kept the same baker as well.

No, the baker was the original owner but I'm fairly sure he trained the new owners before he sold the business for health reasons.

Favourite bakery changed ownership while we were away. :( Pies are still good :) but the prices have increased. :mad: Over $5 now for most flavours except plain mince.

Inflation, you would appreciate a meat pie after all that extravagant Princess tucker every day.:loudcry:

No, the baker was the original owner but I'm fairly sure he trained the new owners before he sold the business for health reasons.

The Vietnamese families now own many of the old bakeries, have done for years in Sydney. Their baking tradition and knowledge hails back to the French colonisation of Vietnam post WW2 until they got kicked out of years of war.:o

You should train Max to carry a little basket down to the cafe. Tie $20 to his collar with a note, and he can bring back you pie supplies.

No need for Max to bring the sauce back. Mr Gut has his own bottle of Aldi sauce by his bedside, hopefully in a bar fridge.:hearteyes:

• 2 weeks later...

The pie high tea looks like a high tea I could get into:D. Another festival worth checking out for their pies is the Gurya lamb and potato festival. Apparently their lamb and potato pie which they only make during the festival is to die for:hearteyes:. I'm hoping(yn) next year to find out if that's true:p

I am waiting to get to England in a couple of weeks, the supermarkets there even have GF Pork Pies and GF meat pies for us Coeliac folk. About time the supermarkets here did a bit better, other than a frozen GF Mrs Macs and Jases, both of which have pastry close to concrete.:evilsmile:

I will give you a report on the meat pie status in merry olde England.:halo:

The pie high tea looks like a high tea I could get into:D. Another festival worth checking out for their pies is the Gurya lamb and potato festival. Apparently their lamb and potato pie which they only make during the festival is to die for:hearteyes:. I'm hoping(yn) next year to find out if that's true:p

Seems like a high price to pay for a pie.;p

I am waiting to get to England in a couple of weeks, the supermarkets there even have GF Pork Pies and GF meat pies for us Coeliac folk. About time the supermarkets here did a bit better, other than a frozen GF Mrs Macs and Jases, both of which have pastry close to concrete.:evilsmile:

It will be great for you to be able to indulge again.

Never found a GF pastry worth eating so far.

Never found a GF pastry worth eating so far.

Not many about Gut.:loudcry: Normally like concrete or they 'deconstruct' as soon as you touch them.:o:(:mad: I will stay away from Greggs, not much for me there, just a lettuce leaf.

Princess do a just edible GF pizza as do Cunard.

BTW Mate have you disembarked ye olde hospital yet?