LIVE from: Z and TB go from Atlantic to Pacific in Style

Zqueeze1

Whaaaatt? Z you are drinking Riesling? ( I like it too) In the heat though a nice Tito’s & tonic sounds good to me. Anything cool! [emoji484]

I hate the heat! ( Jackie, do I recall correctly you do too? ) Hope we don’t regret the Panama 2/25/20 on Splendor. It’s winter so maybe the heat won’t be too intense 🤞🏻

Looking forward to your tour report & of course dinner pics Z ! [emoji76]

Enjoy, K

I’m actually at the pool bar drinking club soda. I kind of overshot the runway yesterday with wine and am staying low today. I will make sure to take shots at Prime 7 tonight!

Z and TB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone check the wine list and see if Macon Lugney is onthe ship. Thxs. We really like it and they ran out last time we sailed.

Yes!!! You can find it in the restaurants but not in the Mariner Lounge.

Z and TB

Whaaaatt? Z you are drinking Riesling? ( I like it too) In the heat though a nice Tito’s & tonic sounds good to me. Anything cool! 🍹

I hate the heat! ( Jackie, do I recall correctly you do too? ) Hope we don’t regret the Panama 2/25/20 on Splendor. It’s winter so maybe the heat won’t be too intense 🤞🏻

Looking forward to your tour report & of course dinner pics Z ! 😻

Enjoy, K

Yes - I also dislike the heat and have learned that it is hot in most places in the world. If I. have to spend 100% of the time on the Splendor, I won't mind (well - maybe except for the Mexico stop where I may have to have a real margarita!). :tropical-drink: I know - not a margarita but it looks good - I'm copying your drink above.:halo:

Thanks for the information on the Riesling - I believe that is the same one Dennis had on the Voyager.

How did the walk in the heat go? When we are in Cartagena, I want Dennis to check out jewelry stores. I hear they have some great things. Also, how have the seas been? Calm or ???? Last question....... are you feeling any better?

Roberto & Pam; thanks for your continued exuberant posts and welcome Mariner refurbed photos. Continue having a great time...if u get the chance Roberto pls ask

Lorriane who is scheduled to be the CD in October thru December, believe John Barron is scheduled and Michael Coghlan will be GM

Oops. I just saw this. Will do.

Z and TB

We had dinner tonight at Prime 7 and we must admit that it was a little disappointing. For those out there that know us well, you know that my standards aren’t very high. However, tonight gets a five out of ten. Service was faster than McDonald’s and we were done in less than an hour. The lobster was undercooked, the ribeye was a pale gray color and tasteless, and the wedge salad tasted like old lettuce. The side veggies and cheese plates were excellent.

Jamal Posing:

4c0574df3b50b1e6c454005961e000ac.jpg

Amuse Bouche:

5cf9426f29f79c346fdc467b7baaaf41.jpg

Wedge Salad:

4386232fe08b4ed8c7a10b50b4a6f78a.jpg

Lobster:

f5fe6225fc23d09d5e8c5fad05a065f3.jpg

Steak:

d20525e951ee62a43bfa73f4afb2601e.jpg

Now, we have two hours to kill before tonight’s show.

Z and TB

Wish that you had returned the food and asked to have it recooked. P7 tends to be inconsistent. When it is good, its great but too many times it does not come close to meeting expectations.

Hope that you enjoy the show!

Wes, John did tell me that he would be on the Mariner towards the end of the year. You can figure out his schedule by learning when he joined Explorer this time and go forward for four months at which times he will likely take a two month vacation and be on Mariner for four months. If my memory is correct, he could well be on Mariner when you are on. Did you said with John before he left for a few years? He is amazing!

Edited by Travelcat2

This is such fun - and thank you! Brings back good memories of our first Canal cruise in 2005 also on the Mariner. I am looking forward to reading (and seeing) more. A question though - is the lighting in Prime 7 purple? Things looked very strange in your photos.

best! Gerry

This is such fun - and thank you! Brings back good memories of our first Canal cruise in 2005 also on the Mariner. I am looking forward to reading (and seeing) more. A question though - is the lighting in Prime 7 purple? Things looked very strange in your photos.

best! Gerry

The lighting in Prime 7 is now similar to that in Compass Rose which came from the Explorer. Its bluish tinge really ruins pics.

Z and TB

Jackie, Roberto; thanks for confirming John will be our CD later this year. We have only heard outstanding comments like yours above TC.

Roberto; next time you see Margaret please tell her Wes & Ida ask how her Tigers did against our Bulldogs in the SEC Championship game. Hint the Auburn tigers got one touchdown (1Q) to Georgia's Four :)

We made it to Cartagena. We started the day with a 35 minute walk before breakfast. The Boss was up by 0630. I even did a double take when she walked into the Coffee Connection at 0700. Breakfast was light, followed by a couple of hours by the pool.

In the afternoon, we did the Old Cartagena walking tour which took us to various places around this beautiful city. We saw many colonial buildings and beautifully decorated balconies with flowers.

893f7c6f36e36ba6373c2d071f500617.jpg

5a516536ee0ea43764d9e3a3a3ce14aa.jpg

The city’s fortresses are massive and included eleven kilometers of city walls:

b206fa00321363983cccafaa0cebdd64.jpg

When I asked directions to the closest bar, this gentleman kindly pointed it out for us:

28cd80ab6d1376b618b39b5908488ec1.jpg

Of course, we stopped in the Emerald museum which included a shopping opportunity. We had an excellent guide who kept us following him by playing a flute Pied Piper style. The weather was not too hot, in the high 80s but not overly humid. But, somebody was getting cranky and had to be put to bed for a late afternoon nap.

One negative note was that we were barraged by street vendors everywhere. You couldn’t swing a cat without hitting a couple of dozen of them

I’ve already discussed our dinner in Prime 7 which was our first ever miss in having eaten there about twelve times in previous cruises. Needless to say, we again failed to make it to the show so I watched “American Made” while The Boss read.

Today is the big day when we finally get to visit the the Panama Canal locks (release the doves, fire the rockets, free drinks for all)!!! I look forward to posting pics after our eco tour and lock visit.

Z and TB

How did the walk in the heat go? When we are in Cartagena, I want Dennis to check out jewelry stores. I hear they have some great things. Also, how have the seas been? Calm or ???? Last question....... are you feeling any better?

Being from south Florida the heat was manageable. I know others were complaining about it but I thought fighting off the vendors was worse than the heat.

Please do some research regarding where/what to buy. I’ve seen recommendations of reputable jewelers by other cruisers in the Cartagena threads.

We had a little bit of rough seas on day two but Capt Serena deviated our course between Cuba and Hispaniola to minimize the impact. Even with her efforts, the waves in the pool were high enough to surf. Since 4pm Friday the seas have been pretty calm.

Thanks for asking how I’m feeling. I am a lot clearer now and on the winning side of fighting the crud. I’ve had a nagging cough that is finally getting better. However, we haven’t really slowed down at all.

Roberto; next time you see Margaret please tell her Wes & Ida ask how her Tigers did against our Bulldogs in the SEC Championship game. Hint the Auburn tigers got one touchdown (1Q) to Georgia's Four :)

Wes, wrong Tigers, I believe Margaret went to Clemson not Auburn.

Marc

Thanks Marq for the catch, got confused with Orange colors of both Auburn/Clemson Should have remembered she went to Clemson, while on board the Voyager last year I constantly ragged Margaret about Clemson since I went to grad school at Univ of South Carolina.

Please do some research regarding where/what to buy. I’ve seen recommendations of reputable jewelers by other cruisers in the Cartagena threads.

Thanks for the heads up ...... we won't be in Cartagena until 2020 so I have time to do research. Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Jackie, Roberto; thanks for confirming John will be our CD later this year. We have only heard outstanding comments like yours above TC.

Wes: who is Margaret? I can’t find one listed in the staff. Let me know and we will track her down.

Z and TB

Wes: who is Margaret? I can’t find one listed in the staff. Let me know and we will track her down.

Z and TB

Margaret is Cruise Director on Voyager right now; explains why you don't see her onboard. ;)

We had dinner tonight at Prime 7 and we must admit that it was a little disappointing. For those out there that know us well, you know that my standards aren’t very high. However, tonight gets a five out of ten. Service was faster than McDonald’s and we were done in less than an hour. The lobster was undercooked, the ribeye was a pale gray color and tasteless, and the wedge salad tasted like old lettuce. The side veggies and cheese plates were excellent.

Jamal Posing:

Amuse Bouche:

Wedge Salad:

Lobster:

Steak:

Z and TB

Wow, that's sad, we ate at Prime7 the same night. Food was cooked to order and just right. Service was excellent and took a little over 2 hours. We're looking forward to another dinner at Prime7 soon. We also got another invite to dine with the staff, this time with Captain Serena at Prime7. Will let you know how it is....

Zqueeze1, Love the photos you are posting despite the distortion created by the lighting in the restaurants. I have to say, if that lobster had been cooked perfectly, Prime 7 would be the top of my dining choices. The salad would not be on the top of my list :).

I look forward to continue following you on your cruise.

Zqueeze, I am sure you know this, but the key to getting rid of pesky street vendors in South America is to speak to them in Spanish, they usually back off quickly.

Lol. I actually tried and it only worked when I added some colorful language.

Z and TB

Jamal Posing:

Amuse Bouche:

Wedge Salad:

Lobster:

Steak:

Z and TB

Wow, that's sad, we ate at Prime7 the same night. Food was cooked to order and just right. Service was excellent and took a little over 2 hours. We're looking forward to another dinner at Prime7 soon. We also got another invite to dine with the staff, this time with Captain Serena at Prime7. Will let you know how it is....

Awesome. Is it for the 26th? If so, scoot over because we are also invited.

Z and TB

Awesome. Is it for the 26th? If so, scoot over because we are also invited.

Z and TB

No, 29th for us. She is really nice, we had a long talk the other day. We don't really enjoy this type of dinner, however with her we're looking forward it.