As promised ... EPIC food pictures!!

Ilivetogo

I'm not much of a writer, so I do my "reviews" in photos. Many seemed to enjoy my food thread showing pictures from the NCL Star, so I said I would do another one after cruising on the NCL EPIC. All the food we had was very good.

We stuck mainly with the main dining rooms, but as you will see, a couple of the other possibilities are featured.

I will feature everything by WHERE we ate. Enjoy!!

(There are a lot of pictures, so bear with me.)

First will be featuring just "random" places on the ship ... not specifically a dining spot.

E1sign.jpg

In the atrium, you can get different coffee drinks ... here are the menu boards posted.

Eatrium2.jpg

Eatrium1.jpg

You can also get assorted pastries here - for free! (Note: The Orange/Chocolate marble was really good!!)

Eatriumcase1.jpg

Eatriumcase2.jpg

Up in the main buffet, there were always several pizzas available. They were pretty good!

EMCpizza.jpg

EMCslice.jpg

One of the chocolate/mousse desserts - this was really yummy.

EMCcake.jpg

Outside at the poolside bar, they had the yummy frozen drinks all set to go! Mmmmmm.

Epoolbar.jpg

Noodle Bar (A small charge for different dishes. Around $2.50 - $5.00 -- and they gave you a LOT) Everything was very good.

NB1sign.jpg

Beef Chow Fun

NBBeefchowfun.jpg

Fried Rice (one of the available variations)

NBrice.jpg

One of the soups

NBsoup.jpg

Spring rolls

NBspringrolls.jpg

I've been weighing either cruising the Epic (a studio on the Dec 18, 2010 sailing) or one of the Carnival ships (I cruised on the Valor and the Freedom this past summer).

Your food pictures are pulling me toward the Epic!

(You should get a commission from NCL when I book.)

Thanks for sharing! :)

Anthony

I've been weighing either cruising the Epic (a studio on the Dec 18, 2010 sailing) or one of the Carnival ships (I cruised on the Valor and the Freedom this past summer).

Your food pictures are pulling me toward the Epic!

(You should get a commission from NCL when I book.)

Thanks for sharing! :)

Anthony

Hmmm ... I rather like that idea!!! :rolleyes:

Wow!!! Hungry doesn't begin to describe it!!!! You know, I look at these pictures, most of which are from the free restaurants, and I am just amazed at how some people come back and just trash the food. I have been on 6 cruises, all of them had food that looked similar, and in fact I would say these LOOKED better than average. Obviously they could all be clever forgeries, but I think ILIVETOGO would confirm they tasted as good as they look...

So many reviews that say they feed you crap in the free restaurants to get you into the pay ones. Looks like Epic lives up to what I've experienced on my other two NCL cruises and that is that the free main dining room food is what you would expect on a cruise, and you have the option to take a step up to a bit finer dining in the specialties. I for one USUALLY eat in the specialties, but I just plan on that up front, put it mentally into the cruise fare when I plan my cruise, and thus don't feel the least nickelled and dimed, I've just made some choices that affect my cruise ticket price...

Archived