Riviera Guaranteed Staterooms

LEESRE

We sail in just over a weeks time, does anyone who has had a guaranteed stateroom know how long before they tell you what stateroom you have. Or do you have to wait till you get to the ship?.

Thanks

You may be on the same cruise we are on. My wife and I are on the August 23rd sailing on Rivera departing out of the Rome Civitavechhia port. We also have a guaranteed room-but we don't know which one. Hopefully, someone can answer the question you asked-I would like to know the answer too.

Have you checked your online account sometimes it is posted there

Your tA may be able to find out for you or you may not know until you reach the ship

There is no set rule ...it depends on how full the ship is

They may still e making offers so they can free up cabins

We sail in just over a weeks time, does anyone who has had a guaranteed stateroom know how long before they tell you what stateroom you have. Or do you have to wait till you get to the ship?.

Thanks

A stateroom can be assigned anytime from the time you book up until the day of sailing.

Shari

Sharicruz6

You may be on the same cruise we are on. My wife and I are on the August 23rd sailing on Rivera departing out of the Rome Civitavechhia port. We also have a guaranteed room-but we don't know which one. Hopefully, someone can answer the question you asked-I would like to know the answer too.

Yes we are on the same cruise, not long to go now, really looking forward to it.

Yes we are on the same cruise, not long to go now, really looking forward to it.

Leesre, I note that there are not very many posters posting on our roll call. This is my first Oceania cruise, and I am wondering if that is because our cruise is a port intensive cruise. I have done several Crystal cruises, but they have been transatlantic cruises. There have always been a lot of posts on our Crystal transatlantic cruises. I prefer those type cruises. However, my wife likes port intensive cruises, so we are doing this Oceania cruise. Hopefully, I will enjoy this one as well-even though I am only doing a few of the shore excursions, while my wife is doing many of them. :)

Leesre, I note that there are not very many posters posting on our roll call. This is my first Oceania cruise, and I am wondering if that is because our cruise is a port intensive cruise. I have done several Crystal cruises, but they have been transatlantic cruises. There have always been a lot of posts on our Crystal transatlantic cruises. I prefer those type cruises. However, my wife likes port intensive cruises, so we are doing this Oceania cruise. Hopefully, I will enjoy this one as well-even though I am only doing a few of the shore excursions, while my wife is doing many of them. :)

Yes this will be our first Ocenia cruise although we have cruised Seabourn before. Will be nice to see how they compare. Yes not many on the Roll Call who respond, perhaps you are right that because of the port intensity, but I would also have thought that people may have got together and organise private excursions, I find these so much cheaper and more pleasant than the ones the cruise line do.

Also on the Seabourn cruises we have had a meet and mingle, nice to put faces to names etc.

Not long to go now.

Titong,

My experience has been that a port intensive cruise usually generates MORE traffic on the Roll Call rather than less. But that is not a given. My Roll Call for our Black Sea cruise which leaves Athens this coming Saturday has been very inactive.

One reason a port intensive cruise can generate a lot of interest is because very often people are looking for others with whom they can share private tours. It may just be that your cruise doesn't have all that many CC members as passengers.

But that's just a guess! I've been on some Roll Calls that were tremendously active and some that were very light. You never know.

Our Roll Call for a TA in November 2013 already has many members.

Mura

Yes this will be our first Oceania cruise although we have cruised Seabourn before. Will be nice to see how they compare. Yes not many on the Roll Call who respond, perhaps you are right that because of the port intensity, but I would also have thought that people may have got together and organise private excursions, I find these so much cheaper and more pleasant than the ones the cruise line do.

Also on the Seabourn cruises we have had a meet and mingle, nice to put faces to names etc.

Not long to go now.

Leesre, On Crystal cruises they have meet and mingle parties too which are nice. It will also be interesting to see how Oceania compares to Crystal. I have not been on Seaborun before, but I have heard good things about them. A friend of mine who has been on Oceania said the food is very good. That interests me. I agree with you though, it would be nice if Oceania had a meet and mingle party on-board.

Tsk, tsk, Harriet ... probably they don't. But I love those two dishes, you see.

You are on my list for a detailed report for your cruise next year, don't worry!

And Bobbi, too.

Several of our 5 tours on this cruise require early morning departures, so no leisurely breakfast on those days. But the rest of the time I'm going to take it easy! At least in the morning ...

Mura

We are sailing on Riveria on August 23rd and looking for join some other small groups for shore excursions. We have some planned out of Livorno (tuscan/wine tour) and are planning another countryside tour out of Marsielle, and would love to find a group to join out of Portofino or Amalfi.

Let us know if you need another couple to share expenses, or would like to join us for the two we are planning.

We are sailing on Riveria on August 23rd and looking for join some other small groups for shore excursions. We have some planned out of Livorno (tuscan/wine tour) and are planning another countryside tour out of Marsielle, and would love to find a group to join out of Portofino or Amalfi.

Let us know if you need another couple to share expenses, or would like to join us for the two we are planning.

I see that this is your very first posting, WELCOME TO CRUISE CRITIC! :D

As you can imagine, details and planning for side trips quickly gets to be very dry reading for those who are not travelling with us.

For that reason, the Moderators have created a special "Roll Call" Section, specifically to enable passengers who are sailing together to find one another and network.

As it happens, there is already an EXTREMELY active Roll call for your voyage:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1386955

Try your luck there, and have a marvelous cruise :D

. We also have a guaranteed room-but we don't know which one. Hopefully, someone can answer the question you asked-I would like to know the answer too.

Titong,

Have you checked your onboard personaliser, I have and as yet still no number for our stateroom. Have you been informed please.

We were on the Riviera "Lands of Time" sailing July 19-August 3, Barcelona to Istanbul. I checked faithfully everyday (sometimes more often) hoping to see a cabin number posted online. I even called my TA and Oceania once during the last week before leaving for Barcelona on July 15. Nothing.

Even when we checked onto the bus for the transfer from the Barcelona hotel to the port, they still had GTY next to our name.

At the pier, we finally got our cabin---and a very nice upgrade. I do not know if this is typical, but sometimes good things come to those who wait. :) Looking back, the wait was worth it!

No matter which cabin you are assigned, I'm sure you will have a great time. Enjoy!

We have just been given our Stateroom number, Wow!! thank you Oceania for a great upgrade.

Now we are really looking forward to our trip.

Titong,

Have you been assigned a cabin yet. Look at your booking they have just been allocated.

Rex

We have just been given our Stateroom number, Wow!! thank you Oceania for a great upgrade.

Now we are really looking forward to our trip.

Titong,

Have you been assigned a cabin yet. Look at your booking they have just been allocated.

Rex

Yes, I just got our stateroom as well, and we are satisfied.

Archived