Behind the scenes ship tour on Radiance?

Does anybody know if there is a behind the scenes ship tour available on the Radiance of the Seas? There was a tour available on the Carnival Spirit when we sailed last year but it sold out quickly once on board. I was hoping that The Radiance may have a similar behind the scenes tour?

Does anybody know if there is a behind the scenes ship tour available on the Radiance of the Seas? There was a tour available on the Carnival Spirit when we sailed last year but it sold out quickly once on board. I was hoping that The Radiance may have a similar behind the scenes tour?

My husband did one on the Rhapsody so I'm fairly sure the Radiance would have one. Its called and yes it does sell out quickly.

Radiance certainly had it last January when we did it. You should be able to pre-book it through the cruise planner section of your booking. It is called the All Access Tour & should be listed under the On-board Activities tab. We are currently booked on the Rhapsody this December & have already booked our tour.

Dashman

The all access tour on radiance is well worth doing,cost when i went in 2013 was $150.In my opinion well worth the cost,visited the galley,crew area,laundry,garbage disposal,engine control room & finishing up on the bridge meeting the captain & bridge crew.By memory it was limited to 15 people,so best to sign up early.My tour only had approx 6 on it all middle aged males,going to see if the wife wants to come along this time.

Welcome to cruise critic.

If your cruise is in January, the online bookings may already be sold out. The tour has limited numbers and is very popular and books out quickly. If it is not listed on your online activites page, then this will be case. Best to ask on boarding day if there are any spots available.

FYI the all access tour is listed for $160 in the online planner for our May trip on Radiance. It was not there a few weeks ago when I last looked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They only have a limited window to get on the tour as they book up fast.:D

We have been looking at doing the access tour for our Radiance cruise in Jan

but still can not book anything in the cruise planner except shore excursions and drinks package nothing else . Have spoke to RCI and was told to wait till it was 50 days till departure and it would become available?

but still can not book anything in the cruise planner except shore excursions and drinks package nothing else . Have spoke to RCI and was told to wait till it was 50 days till departure and it would become available?

Could you go to your roll call and ask there? We are on Voyager, sailing on the 29 Dec.The All Access Tour was definitely available in August but sold out fairly quickly. I hesitated and missed out. Next cruise, I am going to book it as soon as I see it advertised online.

Could you go to your roll call and ask there? We are on Voyager, sailing on the 29 Dec.The All Access Tour was definitely available in August but sold out fairly quickly. I hesitated and missed out. Next cruise, I am going to book it as soon as I see it advertised online.

Haven't asked on the roll call only 6 members but I will ask , our sailing is 4th jan so not much longer after you but RCI tell me to wait till we reach the 50 day mark , I was looking to book some specialty dining cant do that either , doesn't matter just do that onboard but I would like to do access tour see what happens when we get to the 50 day mark

If you are in a suite or diamond or higher C&A, you may get invited free of charge for one or all three i.e. - Backstage tour - 45 mins, Bridge tour - 20 mins and or Galley tour - 30 mins. Haven't seen it advertised as a paid tour/s whilst we have been onboard at present but might be available as a preorder tour.

We just cruised Honolulu to Sydney on Radiance and my husband did the all access tour. It was $150 and he said it was well worth it. He booked whilst on board and was put on a waitlist and they ended up putting on another tour.

We just cruised Honolulu to Sydney on Radiance and my husband did the all access tour. It was $150 and he said it was well worth it. He booked whilst on board and was put on a waitlist and they ended up putting on another tour.

I am hoping this will happen with Voyager. As its undergoing a major refurb atm, I figure there would quite a bit of interest.

I have found the same. I had another look but couldn't find anything yet....our cruise is the 20th Jan.

Edited by kfreney

I am hoping this will happen with Voyager. As its undergoing a major refurb atm, I figure there would quite a bit of interest.

Likewise, will be on her next year but it is only a sampler so not much time for them to run too many of the tours. I am hoping anyway.:D

There was quite a crowd doing the galley tours on different days onboard Radiance. One perk was if you bought the onboard cookbook, there was a bonus of a free galley tour. In case the preorder tours are sold out it may be one way of doing part of the tours - check before you buy the cookbook though. There was also a cruise tour group aboard that some had the option of a 'Captain's Tour' relating to the mechanical/engineering parts of the ship, haven't heard anymore from them as yet. We did the Galley, Bridge and Theatre tours by invitation on separate days. Well worth doing, especially interesting was the bridge tour.