Your new host is..........

Me..........:D

hey everyone Shiona here formerly known for many years as badgerbill, and I am very proud and humbled to announce I have been chosen to be the very first Australian/New Zealand host here on Cruise Critic.. by admission I am not only a cruise addict, having done well over 350 cruise days to many wonderful place's worldwide with various cruise lines, by some counts a newbie!!!, but a cruise critic addict as well...

Having been a member here since 2006 I hope that some of what I have learned through both past and current members and have passed on has been of some benefit to others...

Our cruise industry here is growing and growing and we all have so much to give to each other and to our new members so lets all work together in making our section of Cruise Critic "the place to go for cruise info" with this in mind I will be watching to make sure we keep our boards as clean, honest and legitimate as humanly possible :D:D

I look forward to the continued and increased success of Cruise Critic here in our two beautiful countries and if i can help at all please feel free to contact me ...

Edited by Host Shiona

Let me be the first to congratulate you. Don't envy you keeping us on the "straight and narrow" so to say. No cruise booked at the moment as DH is heading for major surgery early next year. But that doesn't stop me reading CC (A & NZ) every day. Keep the information flowing everyone.:D

Let me be the first to congratulate you. Don't envy you keeping us on the "straight and narrow" so to say. No cruise booked at the moment as DH is heading for major surgery early next year. But that doesn't stop me reading CC (A & NZ) every day. Keep the information flowing everyone.

Thanks happysnapper.... don't mind the straight and narrow having a few slight bends here and there....:D .... just before the surgery pick a cruise you both really want to do.... got to have that reward to look forward to after the big surgery...helps mind, body and spirit......;)

And another congratulations from me Shiona

Have to be on my best behaviour:p

(hello Happysnapper from a gloomy Port Macquarie today)

Chez

Thanks Chez..... best behaviour .....:eek::D:D

I promise I'll be good (well' date=' I'll try anyway).

Congratulations Shiona..... a good move by CC to have an Aussie as host on this site. At least you will get our humour! :p:D[/quote']

Many thanks Eileen....yes we do have unique sense of humour here... :D:D

Congratulations Shiona.

Wishing you all the very best. I also think its a great move .

Thanks David, looking forward to giving back a little in thanks for what I have been given.... great advice and many wonderful friends that I would never had met had it not been for CC and the roll calls.

Totally agree....time more Australians and New Zealanders came onboard:)

Congratulations Shiona. It's great to have an experienced local cruiser as our host. :)

Congratulations Shiona

Linda

Thanks OzkiwiJJ and Linda.........

with our combined experience on here we are all great assets....:D:D

Hi Shiona - welcome as our host! Your old username rings a bell. Hope you find the host position a bit of fun.

While I like to go over to the dark side and visit the RCI and Celebrity boards from time to time (they get very serious and snippy sometimes), the Aussie/NZ is my first port of call most days, and it is a much more relaxed atmosphere here. :) The threads wander around from the original subject every now and then, and that ends up being a good laugh more often than not.

It is nice that they finally allocated us a host. I am sure Louise has done more than we realise to keep it nice here, and thanks to her for that also. :)

Congratulations. I have seen the topic of appointing a AUS/NZ host here on the boards for a little while now and glad to see someone has been appointed! Forgive me for asking, but what is your role? I have seen hosts mentioned on the Princess site on occasions and always wonders what their role was.

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Me..........:D

hey everyone Shiona here formerly known for many years as badgerbill, and I am very proud and humbled to announce I have been chosen to be the very first Australian/New Zealand host here on Cruise Critic.. by admission I am not only a cruise addict, having done well over 350 cruise days to many wonderful place's worldwide with various cruise lines, by some counts a newbie!!!, but a cruise critic addict as well...

Having been a member here since 2006 I hope that some of what I have learned through both past and current members and have passed on has been of some benefit to others...

Our cruise industry here is growing and growing and we all have so much to give to each other and to our new members so lets all work together in making our section of Cruise Critic "the place to go for cruise info" with this in mind I will be watching to make sure we keep our boards as clean, honest and legitimate as humanly possible :D:D

I look forward to the continued and increased success of Cruise Critic here in our two beautiful countries and if i can help at all please feel free to contact me ...

Congratulations Shiona

Congratulations Shiona.

Shiona, can I ask you a question? You will be aware that from time to time issues are raised on CC and some of the responses are not always strictly accurate particularly when the issue relates to a cruise line policy/matter and is therefore somewhat open to interpretation. Do you have any direct contact with the cruise lines whereby from time to time you can obtain an official response to a matter? Many thanks and congratulations once again.:)

So glad to have you as our host, Shiona. It means I can stop stalking these lovely people! :D

I'm a local too, so get in touch anytime. Good luck :)

Louise Goldsbury

Australia Editor

Cruise Critic

Hi Louise you may be sorry saying get in touch anytime!!!! ... eek fish out of water time ....thanks for the welcome :D

Nice work Shiona :) Hopefully we will keep you to busy to get into trouble lol :)

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Woohoo congratulations Shiona.

Experience, Aussie, AND. A female. What is there not to love?

Just joking kind gentlemen. Would hate to get a slap for sexist comments.

Mummyrose and kaseyoz good to see you both ... keep me on my toes i will love it 😉