Ketchikan on a Sunday?

Hidden Minnie

We will be sailing in late June and will be in Ketchikan on Sunday, July 1. My husband will be off on an excursion, and I was looking forward to wandering the town on my own and doing some photography. Will shops be open on a Sunday morning? We are in port from 7am to 4pm.

A rather large percentage of town's income is from cruisers. While the plumber may have the day off, if the business or store has a chance of making a buck off a tourist, it will be open. Don't miss Creek St

Alaskan ports are very much like Disneyland or St Thomas.

When the first group of t-shirt and caramel corn buyers arrives, everything is open.

When the last group leaves, everything closes down until tomorrow.

Funny story about this. We were once in Ketchikan on a DIY land trip on a Sunday. Needless to say, there were lots of shops open as there were several ships in town. Rather than fight the crowds, we figured that we would have a leisurely tour around town and have lunch and hit the shops after the cruise ship crowds were gone. When we got back, we were very surprised to find that almost every shop that had been open earlier was closed. Guess that they knew where where their money was coming from and not from folks such as us.

DON