My one big disappointment NCL Jewel to Alaska

kdzkatz

I've done this itinerary several times, including on the Jewel...past few years our sailings have been west side, both directions. That was not always the case :(

Leaving again on the Jewel in a few days. Wish it was east side going up, but I'd be surprised if it is

I've done this itinerary several times, including on the Jewel...past few years our sailings have been west side, both directions. That was not always the case :(

Leaving again on the Jewel in a few days. Wish it was east side going up, but I'd be surprised if it is

A voice from the past !!!!! Glad you are alive and well............ Have a couple of hotdogs while you are on your cruise !!!!!

A voice from the past !!!!! Glad you are alive and well............ Have a couple of hotdogs while you are on your cruise !!!!!

LOL-we have the booze pkg so that might not work well. BTW-I just replied to one of your other posts on a diff thread

I encourage you to inquire why they are showing a route they have no intention on taking. I think bringing this up at the Meet & Greet in front of other cruisers is a great forum. I wish I had been more proactive on it during the cruise but I was giving the explanation I was told the benefit of the doubt (which ended up being incorrect info). That is why I wanted to bring this problem up so others can speak their opinion on this unethical sales tactic. You can share this post with them. It is the advertised route from the NCL website I screen captured just a few days ago:

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-31%20at%2010.00.51%20PM_zpsvctwj0pn.png

Edited by kdzkatz

I encourage you to inquire why they are showing a route they have no intention on taking. I think bringing this up at the Meet & Greet in front of other cruisers is a great forum. I wish I had been more proactive on it during the cruise but I was giving the explanation I was told the benefit of the doubt (which ended up being incorrect info). That is why I wanted to bring this problem up so others can speak their opinion on this unethical sales tactic. You can share this post with them. It is the advertised route from the NCL website I screen captured just a few days ago:

I'll be bringing it up at our M&G in September. I already have the screen shot printed out.

No thank you

mbisson, I respect your decision. For others out there considering bringing it up but on the fence about it, it doesn't have to be done in anger or in a negative fashion. I think it is important to let the crew on the ship know what corporate is advertising.

I think if NCL is made aware from several passengers and realize it is becoming a common discussion on here that they could do the very simple thing and just show the proper route on the map. It is not like it is an unreasonable request.

Edited by kdzkatz

mbisson, I respect your decision. For others out there considering bringing it up but on the fence about it, it doesn't have to be done in anger or in a negative fashion. I think it is important to let the crew on the ship know what corporate is advertising.

I think if NCL is made aware from several passengers and realize it is becoming a common discussion on here that they could do the very simple thing and just show the proper route on the map. It is not like it is an unreasonable request.

I do agree with you. However, I simply don't believe the Meet and Greet is the proper time or place. It's supposed to be a time where we meet the Officers and other cruisers. Not a time to discuss what's right/wrong/etc. with NCL or their website.

I see no problem, however, if you and others ask to meet with the HD at a different time while on the cruise to discuss this.

I just don't think the Meet and Greet is the right venue. Sorry.

Harriet

I do agree with you. However, I simply don't believe the Meet and Greet is the proper time or place. It's supposed to be a time where we meet the Officers and other cruisers. Not a time to discuss what's right/wrong/etc. with NCL or their website.

I see no problem, however, if you and others ask to meet with the HD at a different time while on the cruise to discuss this.

I just don't think the Meet and Greet is the right venue. Sorry.

Harriet

Harriet, I agree with you. The officers are kind enough to attend the meet and greets (the Captain on almost most of my cruises) and the last thing they want is to be blindsided or put on the spot with questions they might not be able to answer. The Captain and/or officers don't choose the itinerary, sans some problem, nor do they edit the website. To me, this is an issue to be taken up with NCL corporate.

Harriet, I agree with you. The officers are kind enough to attend the meet and greets (the Captain on almost most of my cruises) and the last thing they want is to be blindsided or put on the spot with questions they might not be able to answer. The Captain and/or officers don't choose the itinerary, sans some problem, nor do they edit the website. To me, this is an issue to be taken up with NCL corporate.

The officers on the ship want to know of ANY issues you have with your cruise experience. You don't have to make a scene about it and if you are not comfortable discussing it in front of the other passengers you can do it one on one. I think showing them a physical copy of what is being sold to us as the advertised route would help them. There is NO intent on going on the east side of Vancouver island. Why advertise it in any way, shape or form? It is such an easy fix but the crew can't fix what they don't know is broken.

I do hope that enough people on here bring up the fact that NCL corporate is making the captain look bad to the officer onboard. I think it is equally unfair to the captain and crew as it is to the passengers that have paid good money for a particular experience. I know they have the right to change the route and itinerary but the advertised route was never intended to be taken. That is a very poor business practice. Thank goodness it is such an easy thing to fix....albeit we need to remind them again and again until they fix it.

I will be contacting corporate and see if I can get them to quit misleading us. I hope to report some sort of good news on this front so this thread because a moot point. :)

The officers on the ship want to know of ANY issues you have with your cruise experience. You don't have to make a scene about it and if you are not comfortable discussing it in front of the other passengers you can do it one on one. I think showing them a physical copy of what is being sold to us as the advertised route would help them. There is NO intent on going on the east side of Vancouver island. Why advertise it in any way, shape or form? It is such an easy fix but the crew can't fix what they don't know is broken.

I agree with you. However, my suggestion is to go to guest services and either fill out a paper requesting a meeting with an Officer or ask Guest Services to let someone know you'd like to talk to them. Again, I just don't think any of this should be discussed at the Meet and Greet.

I do hope that enough people on here bring up the fact that NCL corporate is making the captain look bad to the officer onboard. I think it is equally unfair to the captain and crew as it is to the passengers that have paid good money for a particular experience. I know they have the right to change the route and itinerary but the advertised route was never intended to be taken. That is a very poor business practice. Thank goodness it is such an easy thing to fix....albeit we need to remind them again and again until they fix it.

I will be contacting corporate and see if I can get them to quit misleading us. I hope to report some sort of good news on this front so this thread because a moot point. :)

Corporate, Main Office in Miami, Andy, Web coordinator, etc. are all good places to voice your displeasure.

Harriet

• 2 months later...

Ships that leave from Vancouver usually travel the east side of the island. The Pearl this year did it's 10 day season starter from there and went on the east side. When the Jewel does it's 10 day season ender, all bets are off as to the return path - they could go either way as they are also going to visit Victoria.

/QUOTE]

Really hoping for the best as we are sailing on the Jewel 10 day season ender.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I AGREE< IM on the 9-23-17 i bought this cruise for this reason!

Inside as much as possible

l

As an update, we did sail some of the inside passage. Between 5:00am and 11:30am one morning they told us the night before to go out and look. So we got up early and enjoyed the scenery. Honestly it was nice but it looks the same after a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Under the laws in many US states this would be illegal under consumer protection laws. But cruise lines do a lot to ensure they are not bound by such laws. My guess is that NCL is more careful with that cruise that goes to Hawaii which if I understand correctly never goes outside the US ( and thus binds them to US law)