Paper or Plastic Bags

champagne123

Flying to Miami soon...purchasing all of our toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash..etc..etc..) when we land in Miami to save on weight and room in luggage.

When we did this in LA a few years ago, we found a Wallgreens, purchased wine and toiletries BUT they supplied no bags!!!! What? You had to purchase bags. Ok, sooooo ...does Florida have the same law? Want to know if I should pack a canvas bag. :cool:

Flying to Miami soon...purchasing all of our toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash..etc..etc..) when we land in Miami to save on weight and room in luggage.

When we did this in LA a few years ago, we found a Wallgreens, purchased wine and toiletries BUT they supplied no bags!!!! What? You had to purchase bags. Ok, sooooo ...does Florida have the same law? Want to know if I should pack a canvas bag. :cool:

Stopped at Walgreens by port Everglades and we got plastic bags ... California has banned plastic bags and encourage people to bring their own bags

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seriously? You mean the 6th largest economy in the world, and may become 5th largest (passing Britain) soon?

You can't take a joke, can you? I grew up in Orange County, nearly moved to Petaluma and have spent a ton of time in Sonoma County (Cazadero). I escaped from Commie-fornia many years ago... ;)

You can definitely get plastic bags here. California is communist, the rest of the country is still pretty normal.

Very close to where I live in Texas we have to purchase bags as well.

The reason is very simple. It is to promote using your own bags to cut down on waste and in the long run our environment gains from that and that means we do. :)

Keith

The reason is very simple. It is to promote using your own bags to cut down on waste and in the long run our environment gains from that and that means we do. :)

Keith

I know the reason... my wife is Danish... It's not a lifestyle I'd be looking forward to. At the checkout stand, they shove all your stuff to the end, move a divider and basically tell you F-off... Don't have bags? Good luck. Carry it or throw it all in the cart. You can use the cart, but you better return the cart where it goes to get a refund on the money they charged you to use the cart... Of course, all the groceries and services cost substantially more, so that extra money saved on labor by not providing any service isn't going back to you... it goes to the State in the form of more taxes. People don't realize how customer centric it is in America until you see the other side, we have it really good, and the other side is grim. It starts with making plastic bags illegal :')

I know the reason... my wife is Danish... It's not a lifestyle I'd be looking forward to. At the checkout stand, they shove all your stuff to the end, move a divider and basically tell you F-off... Don't have bags? Good luck. Carry it or throw it all in the cart. You can use the cart, but you better return the cart where it goes to get a refund on the money they charged you to use the cart... Of course, all the groceries and services cost substantially more, so that extra money saved on labor by not providing any service isn't going back to you... it goes to the State in the form of more taxes. People don't realize how customer centric it is in America until you see the other side, we have it really good, and the other side is grim. It starts with making plastic bags illegal :')

Locals know how it works and make up the vast majority of those who shop. Actually I have found food prices very reasonable where we live including the area that sells bags and also have found very good pricing in California. For those not familiar with how it works they can purchase a bag and the price is relatively low. The whole point of this is to help the environment. :)

Back to the OP, there are plastic bags in Florida at all of the checkouts.

Keith

You actually believe that?

Exactly, if folks are really that concerned about our environment, they need to stop cruising.

Publix has paper & plastic bags in Florida. Walgreens primarily uses plastic.

I predominantly use reusable bags, but I don't take them on vacation with me! [emoji905]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Keith

However, germaphobes beware, your own bags can get quite unsanitary. Also, studies have shown that it takes more energy to product these bags than is saved by using them. Both plastic and paper are fully recyclable and most plastic bags these days are made out of recycled material. Just saying.