Coco Reef Resort has raised price again.

Jetswdo

For 2015 it is now $69.00 per person over the age of 12. I just reserved for the two of us for a June cruise. Not such a great value any more, I don't think. Bummer.

Did the prices on the menu also raised ? Maybe that would justify a raise in price....

But it was a very good value at 60$...I think it's still a good value with the food, drink, amenities and the use of the private part of the beach...

Have fun in beautiful Bermuda !!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Anyone know of other beach resorts besides this one that does a day pass?

I don't get why anyone desires a day pass in Bermuda. Coco Reef or whatever. It is not like Jamaica or Nassau where I would not go to a beach without a day pass of some kind. Bermuda is so safe and easy to get around, no one bothers you on any beach. And there are beaches like beautiful Horseshoe with good facilities.

Edited by Charles4515

IMHO -- it's still a good bargain, when you consider what's included in the day pass:

-- private beach, with umbrellas, lounge chairs, and towels included;

-- bathrooms, with shower/changing facilities;

-- use of Coco Reef's beautiful pool (if you don't like the beach);

-- a very nice lunch, with a glass of wine included.

Bermuda is a pricey place -- you can spend nearly that much $$ on lunch alone!

IMHO -- it's still a good bargain, when you consider what's included in the day pass:

-- private beach, with umbrellas, lounge chairs, and towels included;

-- bathrooms, with shower/changing facilities;

-- use of Coco Reef's beautiful pool (if you don't like the beach);

-- a very nice lunch, with a glass of wine included.

Bermuda is a pricey place -- you can spend nearly that much $$ on lunch alone!

I can rent umbrellas and a chair at Horseshoe and there are shower/changing facilities. Chair and umbrella last year were $11 each so total $22. So I would basically be paying $47 for lunch, wine and pool. I don't think that is a bargain.

Also while I do think Elbow is a beautiful South Shore beach. I have been there. I think Horseshoe Bay is more beautiful.

I can rent umbrellas and a chair at Horseshoe and there are shower/changing facilities. Chair and umbrella last year were $11 each so total $22. So I would basically be paying $47 for lunch, wine and pool. I don't think that is a bargain.

Also while I do think Elbow is a beautiful South Shore beach. I have been there. I think Horseshoe Bay is more beautiful.

I agree the price has climbed steadily each year and I don't consider it a particularly good deal anymore either. Business must be good at Coco Reef--and I'm sure they owe their popularity partially to those of us on Cruise Critic! I wish other resorts offered a day pass so we had other options.

I think we may go to Horseshoe this year.

Horseshoe can get crowded in peak season, but if you go early morning (9-10am ish) and leave around 1pm you can avoid the worst crowds. Also, if you just walk to your left, once on the beach, it is much less crowded.

I do but I don't remember how to post them.

check them out on tripadvisor.com. Lots of travelers have posted their pics.

I saw some on line but the beach they have looks REALLY small! Just wondering if maybe they were bad shots or its really that small.

Well there are two beach areas at CoCo. Straight ahead is a small cove beach, but to the right is Elbow Beach, which they also have chairs on. This picture is from the stairs at CoCo leading down to Elbow.

10685546_10152806706130758_6295480340463948944_n.jpg?oh=2d2ff5509837f27a3cfd9eddc2fe65ea&oe=55B4F79A

Here is the Pool Area

1898174_10152192691530758_198320900_n.jpg?oh=1c2e3f44543a13c710375a868e8075e7&oe=55B8C15E

Stairs from Pool down to central beach cove.

1661413_10152192691095758_910048050_n.jpg?oh=62939c19b597b4ce7badff9a87cc297c&oe=55B7F3C7

And here is the view of CoCo from the Elbow Beach side. you can see the stair heading up to the resort..

1743649_10152192691330758_300343405_n.jpg?oh=bffbbac078a21f1a9aad90f187582f51&oe=55B86802&__gda__=1437068063_e6f5f63824c7031255f8ac0f72748f82

Nice pics!

There is also a smaller beach beyond some of those rocks but before that last little yellow/peach house that you see. Maybe those are the photos on tripadvisor. We stayed down at that end; there are 3 areas with lounge chairs facing the beach.

Edited by mizlorinj

It is a great place if you want very nice and quiet while having an upscale lunch. Not sure its worth it with price hike but wife and I are going back as it was what we are looking for on vacation plus with 3 days in Bermuda we will be at Horseshoe as well

If considering a Day Pass - what is the best transportation for getting there and back to the Dockyard- and if by taxi and not public transportation - a general idea of what the cost might be - Thanks, Linda

Depends on your personal definition of "best". To me, taxi is best, and would cost about $45 plus tip in each direction for 1-4 passengers Monday through Saturday. On the other hand, the bus would be cheaper.

Edited by njhorseman

Depends on your personal definition of "best". To me, taxi is best, and would cost about $45 plus tip in each direction for 1-4 passengers Monday through Saturday. On the other hand, the bus would be cheaper.

You're right -- The #7 bus will get you there, but it's quite a hike (uphill) from the bus stop to the resort. Last year, we took the ferry over to Hamilton, and cabbed-it from there -- worked out well. :cool:

If considering a Day Pass - what is the best transportation for getting there and back to the Dockyard- and if by taxi and not public transportation - a general idea of what the cost might be - Thanks, Linda

Ferry then a taxi is very easy

The #7 bus goes there as well but there is about 1/2 mile walk from bus stop to hotel