Port of Los Angeles to Lax

How would those who have done this get from the Port to LAX? Taxi? Uber? NCL transfer? We dock at 8 am on a Saturday, originally our flight wasn't until 1:15 pm but has been changed to 11:45 am. Is this enough time to get to the airport if we get off as soon as ship is cleared?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Barely. You need to be at LAX 2 hours ahead and takes at least 30 minutes to get there. I’d grab a taxi or do Uber/Lyft. Self Assist your luggage.

Or

Call the airline, they will change your flight for free because they changed the flight time.

I agree it will be close. Figure you need to be there by 10:00. You need to be the first to walk off the ship with your own luggage and hopefully there is no wait for cabs or Uber. The 110 freeway has an on ramp just as you leave the port area. Traffic should not be too bad on a Saturday.

However things happen in LA that might slow you down. One time we were the first to get off the ship but we were delayed until after 10:00. The ship was late getting to port due to fog. One time there were not enough agents for customs (but usually it is pretty good). Good luck on the freeway. It should be OK Saturday morning unless it rains or there is a major traffic accident or construction or police activity. All of which can cause freeway nightmares! Then once get to LAX good luck. I can be congested with traffic especially when there is construction going on. . I have seen huge lines for security and check in.

I agree it will be close. Figure you need to be there by 10:00. You need to be the first to walk off the ship with your own luggage and hopefully there is no wait for cabs or Uber. The 110 freeway has an on ramp just as you leave the port area. Traffic should not be too bad on a Saturday.

However things happen in LA that might slow you down. One time we were the first to get off the ship but we were delayed until after 10:00. The ship was late getting to port due to fog. One time there were not enough agents for customs (but usually it is pretty good). Good luck on the freeway. It should be OK Saturday morning unless it rains or there is a major traffic accident or construction or police activity. All of which can cause freeway nightmares! Then once get to LAX good luck. I can be congested with traffic especially when there is construction going on. . I have seen huge lines for security and check in.

Thank you, I changed the flight to 1:05 pm so hope that will work better.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...